Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 hour ago, toodarnhot said:

Going to say Taylor and Romee are out for this one since Taylor has fashion week, and Romee is back home. Wonder if Elsa or Martha will show. 

I think so too. I know Tina is only there through tomorrow or Thursday so I would assume the big stuff will be done then too. I hope Elsa shows and I'd guess Behati shoots at some point too.

I think @PinkCouture was referring to her personal life i.e. it was alleged that she had had an affair.

Victoria's Secret CEO Sharen Jester Turney suddenly QUITS after a decade at the head of the lingerie brand, in order to 'prioritize her family'

• Victoria's Secret parent company L Brands Inc announced Sharen's resignation on Friday
  • Sharen, who was reportedly earning $10 million a year, has been with the company since 2000; she was named CEO of the lingerie brand in 2006
  • In 2013, real estate broker Cliff Donenfeld claimed that the two had an affair between 2008 and 2010
  • He claimed that the mother-of-one promised to leave her husband of 25 years, Charles, for him and even suggested they adopt a baby together
  • Sharen and Charles have a 21-year-old son, Matthew
  • She will remain an adviser to the brand while Les Wexner, the 79-year-old CEO of L Brands Inc, assumes leadership

By ERICA TEMPESTA FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 16:56 GMT, 16 February 2016 | UPDATED: 18:52 GMT, 16 February 2016

The CEO of Victoria's Secret has abruptly resigned after nearly a decade at the helm of the popular lingerie brand.

Sharen Jester Turney, who has been the CEO of Victoria's Secret since 2006, but has worked within the company since 2000, said the reason for her sudden departure was because of a desire to spend more time with her family.

'After 16 years and a record fourth quarter at Victoria’s Secret, I have decided to prioritize my family and my personal life and consider what’s next for me professionally,' the 58-year-old, who is thought to have been earning more than $10 million a year, said in a statement released on Friday.

'My years with Victoria’s Secret have been the most exciting and rewarding years of my career. I leave the Victoria’s Secret business well-positioned for the next chapter of growth… a strong brand with great momentum,' she continued.

'I take great satisfaction and pride in what our team has accomplished, including tremendous growth and the development of a world-class team.'

Sharen, who grew up in Ardmore, Oklahoma, has been married to her husband Charles for more than 25 years. The couple have a 21-year-old son, Matthew, a student at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, who spent the summer as an investment banking summer analyst at Citi.

She will hand over control of the lingerie company to Les Wexner, the CEO of Victoria's Secret's parent company L Brands Inc.

The suddenly-departed CEO, who was hand-picked by Les to become head up Victoria's Secret a decade ago, will remain an adviser for the company's largest division while the 79-year-old assumes leadership.

Sharen's decision to leave the brand in order to spend more time focusing on her family comes two and a half years after the former CEO was accused of having a two-year-long extra-marital affair with real estate broker Cliff Donenfeld between 2008 and 2010.

According to a report published by Page Six in September 2013, Mr Donenfeld alleged that Sharen had offered to leave her husband of 25 years, Charles, for him - and even suggested that they adopt a baby together.

'I was instrumental in every aspect of her life for two years,' he told the publication. 'I was her sounding board, personally and professionally.

'Sharen said if I ended any other romantic entanglements, we could see each other every two weeks.'

Mr Donenfeld further claimed that the lingerie executive also promised to buy him a multi-million dollar home in Florida, however before she could follow through on her vow, the pair split.

In the five years since their alleged affair is said to have ended, Sharen's career has gone from strength, and she is often seen as one of the main driving forces behind Victoria's Secret's continued international success.

According to The Fashion Law, L Brands’ shares dropped as much as 5.5 per cent to $79.35 after the announcement, however, Les has confidence that the brand will continue to thrive under his leadership.

'We are very grateful to Sharen for her leadership and all that she has accomplished,' Les said in a statement. 'Victoria’s Secret sales have increased more than 70 per cent to $7.7 billion and profit has increased substantially during her nine years as CEO.'

He added: 'We have strong confidence in the strength of the brand and our growth opportunities, and I look forward to taking on a more active role and working with the talented leadership team at Victoria’s Secret.'

Sharen was the president and CEO of Neiman Marcus Direct before she became the CEO of Victoria's Secret Direct, the brand's e-commerce and catalog division, in May 2000.

Six years later, she Les tapped her to become the CEO of the popular lingerie brand.

'From a brand perspective, there is just so much opportunity here. I couldn’t ask for a better job or better team,' she said of the role on her website.

Although exact details of Sharen's salary at Victoria's Secret have never been confirmed, it is thought that she was earning in excess of $10 million a year. According to an article published by Forbes in July 2012, the former CEO earned $9.6 million in 2011, while Salary.com estimates that her annual income for 2014, including her bonus and stock options, was $10.6 million.

The family have homes in New Albany, Ohio - where Victoria's Secret is headquartered - Manhattan, and Florida.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3449454/Victoria-s-Secret-CEO-Sharen-Jester-Turney-suddenly-QUITS-decade-head-lingerie-brand-order-prioritize-family.html

Is it inappropriate of me to find it fascinating that she is an IVF baby? What kind of magic did the doctors make when they cooked her up? ;D Maybe her parents are good-looking and even though they were not attracted to each other in the traditional sense, their genes were a good match.

Ya'll remember last year when I made that joke about Adriana sitting in her mansion with a glass of champagne as she contemplated how long it'll take for the newbies to disappear into oblivion as she stayed at the helm?

Welp, Angels seem to be disappearing wherever you turn.... :rofl: