Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

8 minutes ago, everyboulevard said:

Maybe they figured Kate was unreliable after her missing out on so much because of her wedding and the time she took off? Or that Vita is more popular for the Russian market/in general because she fits their blue eyed blonde generic mold? 

Idk about that last bit. I mean Jo's pretty popular and both she and Kate are dark blonde/light brown (idk) and green eyed. 

I think it could be a combo of missing out, limited English skills  and possibly popularity in Russia or Europe? I remembered someone mentioned here Vita has a solid European Fan base? I don't think you can say the same about Kate. 

I haven't been on here properly in the longest time but from what I remember, there were a number of shoots prior to Kate's wedding as well as post wedding where she didn't have anything on yet they still didn't use her. Kate out of all the Angels they signed, was the least known and had the least experience with VS. All the other girls either already had a reputation for their work with VS or had a decent sized following. Trying to promote someone nobody would know or at least recognize as well as having a limited English vocabulary, despite there being opportunities to change that, likely didn't seem worth it for VS.

Eitherway congrats to Jo, it was inevitable that she'd be promoted to an Angel. 

Happy for Jo even though I never liked her. It's always been something off with that face lol. 

I guess with all the promotion they were seeing if Jojo was popular with the crowd and it worked. I mean, Google her name and several articles pop up with her name featured solely on it. Anyone who clicks it will now probably see her name as opposed to "Meet the New Angels" so good move VS.

Now.. get Vita signed on. Seriously no one seems to really like her so the reactions would be nice to read. Especially salty insta comments. 

I'm sooooo happy for Jo, she truly deserve it ! :heart:

Now I hope :

1 - They get rid of more, not only Kate & Jac. It would be perfect if they get at least to the number of 10 !

2 - Vita doesn't get signed (even if I do like her but like it was said, too many interchangeable blondes already...)

My perfect line-up will be :

Adriana, Candice, Elsa, Taylor, Sara, Josephine, Jasmine, Martha, Behati

It was Jac's choice 100%! VS seemed to really love her (and how could they not?). She was the most unique and diverse out of all the angels and she was by far the classiest and most "haute couturish" girl they had. She has big contracts on her hands so she decided to give priorities to them I guess. I can't imagine VS dropping her by any mean.

Interview of Josephine for Vogue.com

After three back-to-back appearances in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, a spot in the brand’s televised swim special, and a cover of its swim catalog, Danish model Josephine Skriver has finally been named an official Victoria’s Secret Angel. The excitement was palpable in her voice when she called Vogue.com today to share the news. “I was jumping up and down,” she exclaimed. “It’s a dream come true. I’ve been working so hard, the fact that it’s finally happening seems so unreal. I’m going to pinch myself all day!”

Skriver first started working with VS back in 2013, modeling for its Pink line and slowly working her way into its main lingerie catalog and campaigns. Consider those three years Skriver’s fieldwork on becoming an Angel. “This is something I’ve been dreaming about and working toward for a long time,” she admitted. Now that she has her wings, though, she’s only looking toward the future. “I’m hoping to bring a vibe like all the legacy girls have had—both a bombshell factor and the ability to be a girl you can relate to.”

Aside from being on the brink of supermodel-dom, Skriver is also an outspoken activist for gay rights—her mother and father are both homosexual, and she was conceived from IVF treatments—and hopes being named an Angel can shed more light on her cause. “Anything that can help my platform and my voice get bigger—and especially a platform like VS—it’s going to reach out to so many more people now, and it’s going to put me in a position to show that all people are equal.”

But before she heads out on the runway or takes to the streets to spread her message, Skriver is planning a small dinner tonight with friends to celebrate. “It’s been an amazing journey, and it taught me so much about myself,” she said. “It couldn’t have happened at a better time. I’ve never felt more ready.”

@Clauds yeah you're right about Elsa and possibly Martha/Jasmine too.

To be honest whether they keep some or don't I'm ok with it. I like the mix of girls we have. The top tier Angels don't have to work as much but still are recognizable. The newer girls get more popular. And VS have a bunch of girls to go to for stuff. Win win for everyone.

I hope the swim special does a good amount of interviews with all the girls. Get a better chance of knowing them. Martha and Stella didn't even really get a solo segment in the last special like every other girl did. So I hope each girl gets something this time.

With the announcement of Josephine do you think we will get her first commercial soon?

13 hours ago, Grievous said:

So what's the difference between a VS Angel and a regular VS model?

Well Angels are spokesmodels, so they are (more) featured in commercials, events, talk-shows and stuff. They also have their spot secured at the VSFS unless they get pregnant.

Okay in 2015 Lais, Jac, Taylor and Elsa were used the most along the Newest Angels and with this I mean, catalogues and campaigns... The BBV campaign was all about Elsa, Jac, Lais, Romee and Martha, there was like 3 pictures of the second group of angels 

Sara was used but only with Taylor and Luigi in that red set and the shoots with Guy Aroch, but out of this, almost nothing, her swim pics are lame... 

So I think it's natural that now they're using Jasmine, Romee, Stella and Martha; I mean, it's their time. 

Soon Lais, Elsa, Bee, Lily will come back I think

But I wish they use Lais and Jasmine together so people would know who is who and stop changing their names hahaha and also they're a great duo 

Happy for Jo, sad for Jac but I know it was her decision 

On a slight change of topic, I have heard next-to-no promotion of the Swim Special here in the UK. I'm assuming it's because they have no network for it, but it's funny, shite network or not I feel like we're bombarded by VSFS adverts. Guess they're over their London infatuation from 2014 :p I have no idea what they're trying to do with their numbers, honestly, you'd think even our tiny mostly-online market would matter to them with their big show tanked.  

It's VS. Who the fuck knows. Congratulations to Jo, much deserved, may her tits in the 2015 show be remembered as legendary Angel Tits forever.

Aaaaaaand on another side note, jesus fucking christ Imaan Hammam's swim shots are unreal.