Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I find it very sad that someone like Ed turned from hiring the most amazing Angels like Tyra, Gisele, Heidi &Co. to hiring the most mediocre Angels you can only imagine. I don't know what's going on in his weird mind. The Angel-thing has become such a mess thanks to him. The best thing is to release all the Angels and start all over again with a complete new Angel-cast consisting of 5 Angels. That's enough. Hire some other models for a campaign or two to mix it up but don't hire every single model to become an Angel that you just currently have the hots for. Very bad planning on their behalf. Very, very bad. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. :baronlamesign:

I think part of the reason why there are not models like Gi, Heidi, Tyra, and etc as Angels is there are very few quality models that are up to that caliber. Also, the media rarely focuses on models like they did a decade or two ago. For that reason they don't create as much buzz and attention as they used to. Nowadays magazine covers  and campaigns (in the US at least) are filled with actresses, musicians and celebrity wannabes :/

3 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

I think part of the reason why there are not models like Gi, Heidi, Tyra, and etc as Angels is there are very few quality models that are up to that caliber. Also, the media rarely focuses on models like they did a decade or two ago. For that reason they don't create as much buzz and attention as they used to. Nowadays magazine covers  and campaigns (in the US at least) are filled with actresses, musicians and celebrity wannabes :/

I feel like Anna Wintour partly started the shift to celebs. I guess her becoming the Vogue Editor began the end of models on US magazines. 

I guess it doesn't help that let's face it, most models nowadays are to be blunt, not that appealing to the public eye unless you're a fashion lover. Most people I've talked to when the topic of fashion comes on talk about how weird the models look nowadays as opposed to the past or some of the ridiculous looks from fashion shows and how skinny they are, the usual. I've heard similar comments on online forums (non fashion related). They don't care about bone structure or unique or striking features I guess. I get what they're saying. I honestly doubt Molly Bair's looks or name will sell as opposed to Scarlett Johansson or Cindy Crawford. But hey.. even then not everything they touch turns to gold. 

In short, I feel like it's the modelling industry's fault for ending supermodels. Less expensive, odd looking, lacking star-power, skinny work for pennies girls to sell clothes as opposed to Linda I-don't-get-up-for-less-than-10k-a-day E, who I've heard many say is beautiful.. also that she'd probably never wake up in this day and age because most models will probably work for much less money :rofl:. And now, the fashion industry kind of shot itself in the foot for doing that. Seriously. They need to rely social media now and the fact that most models probably aren't name grabbing unless you're a veteran VS Angel or Kendall/Gigi should say a lot.