Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I am creating one big general Victoria's Secret thread to post in. This way anyone wanting to discuss any Victoria's Secret related news can all keep to one big thread, instead of having to post in all the models topics. Or making new topics constantly. Anything and everything related to Victoria's Secret goes here. Events, Sales, Promotions, Angel Line Up etc. That way any speculation in regards to VS in general can go in this thread and not the Angel threads. So get posting.

Official Angels as of August 2019

Alexina Graham

Barbara Palvin

Candice Swanepoel

Elsa Hosk

Grace Elizabeth

Jasmine Tookes

Josephine Skriver

Lais Ribeiro

Leomie Anderson

Martha Hunt

Romee Strijd

Sara Sampaio

Stella Maxwell

Taylor Hill

Past Angels

Behati Prinsloo

Lily Aldridge

Adriana Lima

Alessandra Ambrosio

Jac Jagaciak

Kate Grigorieva

Karlie Kloss

Doutzen Kroes

Lindsay Ellingson

Erin Heatherton

Miranda Kerr

Chanel Iman

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Heidi Klum

Marisa Miller
Selita Ebanks
Izabel Goulart
Karolina Kurkova
Gisele Bundchen
Tyra Banks
Laetitia Casta
Daniela Pestova
Stephanie Seymour
Karen Mulder

AH i would love for Emanuela & Candice to be angels :)

i really hope Miranda stays for a couple more years too,she is one of their best angels.

Izabel isn't an angel anymore? :o i thought she waas. How long does the angel contract usually last for? Im suprised Heidi is still one..

Yeah we know Adriana and Alessandra have signed on for another 5 year contracts. Usually the girls get 3 years and then its up to VS to see where they go after that. I really hope Miranda is signed on again. According to Candice no other girl is gonna be made an Angel yet. So thats why i think that Miranda has been resigned. But you never know.

Izabel hasn't been an Angel for a while, actually when she did the 2008 show & she wasn't an Angel anymore.

About the current Angels, I think they're fine w/them, I mean I don't like Doutzen & neither Miranda but I'm used to see them as Angels so I guess that's ok ... & I have to say that it was too bad to know that Marisa isn't an Angel, she was really good she was one of my faves I can't find any reason why she is not an Angel anymore! :( :cry:

I like the Angels just the way they are listed except it really is time for Heidi to go, IMHO. It's nothin' personal, just time. They don't need her name recognition anymore. I just think when Heidi goes, she will go kickin and screamin' :whistle:

I would guess that Lindsay is becoming a real fave (she's a doll) so she may be one of the next along with Candace who is also a doll.

I think I will forever miss Karolina but I know she has so much more going on in her life. I'm happy for her.

For right now, the 6 listed seem just about perfect to me. I'm glad they all have their contracts and hope they stay on for awhile. Miranda will be around for awhile but she is getting really versatile and can do a lot more than V.S. and does it very well, I might add, so I'm not sure how long exactly she will be around V.S. but it will be awhile since she is recognizable. Behati is just plain adorable, Adri and Ale just have to stay, wouldn't be the same without them and in my opinion, Doutzen really adds the glamour. Summing up, V.S. has it right now for the first time in a long time. :wave:

Yeah we know Adriana and Alessandra have signed on for another 5 year contracts.

I've been reading this for the last 2 (maybe 3) years. At some point, this number needs to start going down.

In 2008, I was reading "Adriana has been signed for 5 more years." In 2009, I was reading "Adriana has been signed for 5 more years." It is now 2010 and I am still reading "Adriana has been signed for 5 more years."

Not logical. I don't doubt that Adriana will eventually have Heidi's role of the "Geriatric Angel," but that "Adriana has been signed for 5 more years" refrain needs to be rewritten. When did she sign that magical 5 year contract that has somehow become frozen in time?

I think VS is looking for two specific things for their angel line-up. The All-American Blonde and The Angel of Color. Most of the new faces fall into these two groups - Candice and Rosie are the only 2 of the 8 that don't. Candice still fits into that "Foreign Blonde" role that Karolina/Karen/Daniela had and Doutzen does. I said more than once that I thought signing Candice was redundant with Heidi, Marisa, and Doutzen already there. Well Marisa might already be gone and Heidi is past her expiration date. I still think Candice and Doutzen are kind of repeats though. They have similar looks to me, and I don't know if you need both of them.

I think Rosie is there to try to tap into the British market when they expand overseas.

I've been reading this for the last 2 (maybe 3) years. At some point, this number needs to start going down.

In 2008, I was reading "Adriana has been signed for 5 more years." In 2009, I was reading "Adriana has been signed for 5 more years." It is now 2010 and I am still reading "Adriana has been signed for 5 more years."

Not logical. I don't doubt that Adriana will eventually have Heidi's role of the "Geriatric Angel," but that "Adriana has been signed for 5 more years" refrain needs to be rewritten. When did she sign that magical 5 year contract that has somehow become frozen in time?

Adriana signs a $100-billion five-year extension every year. I know because I have contacts in Monica Mitro's office.

Yeah we know Adriana and Alessandra have signed on for another 5 year contracts.

I think VS is looking for two specific things for their angel line-up. The All-American Blonde and The Angel of Color. Most of the new faces fall into these two groups - Candice and Rosie are the only 2 of the 8 that don't. Candice still fits into that "Foreign Blonde" role that Karolina/Karen/Daniela had and Doutzen does. I said more than once that I thought signing Candice was redundant with Heidi, Marisa, and Doutzen already there. Well Marisa might already be gone and Heidi is past her expiration date. I still think Candice and Doutzen are kind of repeats though. They have similar looks to me, and I don't know if you need both of them.

I think Rosie is there to try to tap into the British market when they expand overseas.

Hahaha is not frozen in tiime ... time really passes by, but maybe ppl still saying the same thing they heard million years ago :laugh: ... but I think that Adriana & Alessandra have like 2 or 3 years left w/their contracts! I can't remember when they exactly signed it, but i guess it was like in the end of 2007 or beginning 2008 or something ... I'm sure someone else might know the right year they signed.

Btw, I was actually wondering who "Gracie Carvalho" is & where she came from :laugh: ... My good friend Google didn't make me happy w/his answer hahaha

I think that Adriana & Alessandra have like 2 or 3 years left w/their contracts! I can't remember when they exactly signed it, but i guess it was like in the end of 2007 or beginning 2008 or something

That's what I was thinking. Alessandra became an angel in 2004. Her initial 3 year contract probably would have expired some time in late 2006 or early 2007. I remember her signing something in late 2006 to become the exclusive face of VS Beauty. I figured that was her 5 year angel contract to take her to 2011 or 2012. Adriana signed her 5 year deal in late 2007 or early 2008, so that takes her through 2012. It's 2010 now so no matter what, that "five more years" song that Adriana and Alessandra have going should have already started decreasing to "four, three, two" etc...

Unless of course their contracts are indeed magical which would totally explain why they never decrease in years...

Gracie, Emily, and some of these other new faces could become the next VS supermodels or they could become "The Next Caroline Francischini" for VS. "The Caroline Francischini" is the model that VS falls madly in love with. They use her all over the catalogs for a year or two, and then she totally disappears off their radar.

Gracie and Emanuela are both Brazilian. Check her out on BZ her thread has her VS Swim Pictures in it. Alot of girls are offered smaller contracts. Jessica Hart said she signed a catalogue contract with VS. So they have an exclusive time with VS. Doesnt make them angels. They dont do launches unless VS use them and they are not guaranteed an in for the show.

They obvioulsy are gonna start grooming Brooklyn to be they're next SI bombshell type after Marisa. Lindsay and Erin are young and fresh American and so is Chanel but she also is black which we know VS like colour. As for Emanuela and Gracie.

If Emily did shoot Valentine's then thats awesome. Cause i think it was Alessandra and Rosie who shot for the Valentine's Day campaign so good for Emily if she gets to be apart of that.

As for the five year contract thing yeah i dont know exactly when they signed but i mean in general they both signed a five year contract. I think around 08 time.

Adriana and Alessandra both have contracts that are obviously expiring. Adriana resigned in 2008 her 5 year contract which indeed does take her to 2012, but last year signed a 5 year beauty contract on top of her angel contract...so it's been an obvious assumption that she would resign her angel contract again. the thing is Adriana and Alessandra, along with Heidi are the company's favorites and the ONLY way they leave is if they WANT to, their contracts are their for payment...they aren't under the same pressure of if it will get resigned. This was said by someone who actually has contacts with someone on Alessandra's management team, who has inside information on VS (obviously) and their top girls. Monica's office usually won't leak exact details about contracts, some but not a lot of info. Their more willing to give information about launches and events before hand, and Monica herself is pretty apt to get back to someone who calls if it pertains to a big event, she actually called Savanna (from Lima-Fans.com) back once. So it's pretty safe to assume Adriana has (as well as Ale) several more years under their belts.

I think Behati is a main angel, and she just focuses on PINK, because to say she's just a PINK angel at this point is just redundant. She's done other items besides the PINK line, and the other angels only do certain things. Adriana doesn't do clothing anymore, or hardly any swim. Doutzen doesn't do a lot of clothing, Izabel (when she was an angel) didn't do a lot of underwear...just because they focus the girl on one section doesn't make her any less of an angel.

The problem is VS bases the girls success on how much she can move in the company, such as product. They actually track and trace this, and if she can't bring in even one fourth to half as much as they are putting in..why is it worth it. People like Heidi, Adriana, Alessandra, and in the past Gisele, and Tyra can bring in quite a bit due to their fan bases and people who buy stuff just because they wear it. Some girls can't get that following, and if they aren't seeing the popularity with them as well, along with if the girl doesn't want to continue with the company makes an impact. the problem is VS in the past has way to many Angels, if they would keep it at 5 they would stop having so many problems, along with switching it up every year.

They obvioulsy are gonna start grooming Brooklyn to be they're next SI bombshell type after Marisa.

I can see that happening. I'm not a fan myself, but I can see her appeal. Large breasts, blonde hair, an SI fan base, and famous husband - all of those things work in her favor.

VS could still use a redhead and an Asian in their line-up. It doesn't have to be fire truck dominant red, but I could see Rosie standing out with a deep reddish color or red toned highlights against darker hair. I just wish VS wouldn't use so many pictures of her (Rosie) with her lips slightly parted. Given the quality of some of their catalog pictures, her shots can easily venture into that softcore category for me.