Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

chicityboy

Monica Mitro is a bit of a ......

Next up was Bruna Tenorio, an aquiline Brazilian beauty favored by European designers for their haute couture shows; followed by Chrishell Stubbs, 18, a newcomer with cascades of dark curls; and Marloes Horst, a Memling Madonna in a lace mesh bikini; and Liu Wen, a Beijing native with longer legs than most point guards; and Cameron Russell, a part-time (“very part-time”) economics major at Columbia; and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, the woman best known as Megan Fox’s replacement in “Transformers 3”; and Maryna Linchuk, a young woman from Belarus who, although she has already been anointed a Victoria’s Secret angel, was auditioning again this year because, as Ms. Mitro said, bodies do change.

You don’t see them for a minute, and...” Ms. Mitro said and then fell silent. She held her cupped hands wide in the universal gesture for hips as broad as a barn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/fashion/...2&ref=style

Wow, just wow.

wait wait wait? Rosie had to walk for them?! O.O

What? I'm sorry huh? :blink:

Runway Angel not Angel Angel. Geez, it's simple VS terminology guys.

I wonder if the NYT people got their notes mixed up.

The Maryna conversation sounds like it would/should apply to Karolina. She was annointed a VS angel yet she had to walk for them again. And WTF on them calling Maryna an angel? I'm thinking that part is in reference to Rosie. Even if they did sign another supermodel, VS needs another blonde like they need a hole in the head.

Next up was Bruna Tenorio, an aquiline Brazilian beauty favored by European designers for their haute couture shows; followed by Chrishell Stubbs, 18, a newcomer with cascades of dark curls; and Marloes Horst, a Memling Madonna in a lace mesh bikini; and Liu Wen, a Beijing native with longer legs than most point guards; and Cameron Russell, a part-time (“very part-time”) economics major at Columbia; and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, the woman best known as Megan Fox’s replacement in “Transformers 3”; and Maryna Linchuk, a young woman from Belarus who, although she has already been anointed a Victoria’s Secret angel, was auditioning again this year because, as Ms. Mitro said, bodies do change.

You don’t see them for a minute, and...” Ms. Mitro said and then fell silent. She held her cupped hands wide in the universal gesture for hips as broad as a barn.

The fact that Ms. Mitro felt the need to air something that rude about a model to the nytimes is absolutely ridiculous. Neither of those women, Rosie or Maryna are large in any way shape or form and to insinuate that they are, (when they have girls like Candice who are nothing but hip) and in such a rude fashion is beyond gauche. It's hurtful and unnecessary. She could have simply said that bodies change and sometimes aren't what they're looking for for the show this year.

So first she goes on to say that they're looking for 'healthy' body types and casts Anja, then she goes on to insinuate that the real 'healthy' body types are basically fat. Either Ms. Mitro was dropped on her head at birth or she's been sniffing to much bleach or something... Regardless the women comes across as an absolute retard and a complete bitch. Perhaps they should recast her and get someone else to fill her position.

You are amazing lol.

Monica always did come off as a beyotch to me in interviews and such.

I dont know whether she was referring to Maryna in that bit though was she. She could've just meant they cast a girl one year and she comes back with bigger hips. Very rude of her.

Wow, just wow.

wait wait wait? Rosie had to walk for them?! O.O

What? I'm sorry huh? :blink:

Runway Angel not Angel Angel. Geez, it's simple VS terminology guys.

Oh em gee! Gosh! I can't believe I pointed out something so crazy! Something people point out all the time! Something so absurdly annoying! Aye Dios Mio! :laugh:

We get it, but it's just funny how of all the girls to mix up they look over Rosie and instead shoehorn Maryna, no one is really surprised, it's just funny.

Now they just need a monkey on her back playing the harp as she walks down the runway.

Honestly, how is she going to walk with those? She looks like she's barely standing up as is, throw in walking, dodging other models and a bunch of shiny glittery lights, not to mention a glitter strewn runway and you have a recipe for disaster.

^Pah - old hat VS. Been done before...

post-11221-0-1446069375-53695_thumb.jpg

+1 on the outfits being horrible. Let's just hope those will be the worst of the bunch. Just who do they bring in to design this stuff?

If the materials were any good, these outfits would look infinitely better. It's the cheap fabric they've been using since 06.

Not just that. It seems that overall, every year since then, the outfits have just gotten more and more outrageous and thoughtless. Like they were designed at the last minute by someone who still thinks macaroni, glitter glue and feathers make a project good.

At least in 2006 they seemed to have some general look they were going for and the crappy fabrics at least matched each other.

All I really remember of last year is a bunch of rubber plastic, feathers, and a hot A.D.D. mess. It was like, "Oh, this is a cute outfit. But you know what would make it better? MORE FEATHERS. :drool: FEATHERS HERE AND HERE AND HERE!" And then Ale's opening outfit? :yuckky: :yuckky: :yuckky:

I do like the outfit Anne is wearing, and Candice's harp thing actually looks kind of cool/interesting.

I have a list for the show, but I'm pretty sure it's only a partial list. I was told that there are going to be 33 girls at the show and this one only has 27...

------CONFIRMED CAST LIST (27)

Angels and VS Supermodels:

Adriana Lima

Alessandra Ambrosio

Chanel Iman

Candice Swanepoel

Behati Prinsloo

Erin Heatherton

Lily Aldridge

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Non-Angels:

Isabeli Fontana

Lindsay Ellingson

Jessica Stam

Emanuela de Paula

Maryna Linchuk

Magdalena Frackowiak

Edita Vilkeviciute

Anja Rubik

Karolina Kurkova

Izabel Goulart

Selita Ebanks

Katsia Damenkova

Abbey Lee Kershaw

Liu Wen

Flavia Oliveira

Anne Vyalitsyna

Constance Jablonski

Gracie Carvalho

Laís Ribeiro

tfs

So is this the official VS model list or is there gonna be more models at the show that are not in this list?

-----CONFIRMED CAST LIST (27)

Angels and VS Supermodels:

Adriana Lima

Alessandra Ambrosio

Chanel Iman

Candice Swanepoel

Behati Prinsloo

Erin Heatherton

Lily Aldridge

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Non-Angels:

Isabeli Fontana