Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

chicityboy

What's with all the Lily bashing about over here and tFS? I kind of get the feeling that just because she's hilarious on the catwalk, has a unique walk, and has a drop-dead gorgeous rock-star boyfriend that people just don't warm to her??? God, they'll all proably want somebody like, I don't know - Anja - instead...

Seems like ppl hate her since she has been looking unnaturally skinny during the past fashion week.

This "past" fashion week? Try the last few fashion weeks. When talking about TFS, Anja is one of the queens of the weight thread, so it's natural that people are going to take the criticism of her that is in the weight thread and transfer it to her other projects - particularly something as high profile as Victoria's Secret.

When you compare Anja's look now (even her look at the last show) to how she looked when she started, there is a noticeable difference and not everyone finds that appealing.

I'm kind of meh in regards to Anja. I like her a lot. I think she is a stunning model and has such grace on the runway. She was decent at the show last year. But I have read a lot of bad things about her weight loss and she does have a very unhealthy look. But VS see something in her. And the cast list is great so far.

So i'll just wait for the show.

So thanks to everyone like Savanna and nothingless at TFS for the confirmed list of girls so far.

Angels & Supermodels

Adriana Lima

Alessandra Ambrosio

Chanel Iman

Candice Swanepoel

Behati Prinsloo

Erin Heatherton

Lily Alridge

Rosie Huntington Whitley

Non-Angels

Isabeli Fontana

Lindsay Ellingson

Jessica Stam

Emanuela de Paula

Maryna Linchuk

Magdalena Frackowiak

Edita Vilkeviciute

Anja Rubik

Karolina Kurkova

Izabel Goulart

Selita Ebanks

Baron :rofl:

I love the whole list :heart: lots of hot women :woot:

What's that Anja-bashing over here and tfs?? Seems like ppl hate her since she has been looking unnaturally skinny during the past fashion week. I don't know how she looks like now but I thought she was one of the best in last year's show. She wasn't clowning around (like Lily Aldridge), having a bad walk (like Lily Aldridge) or just got cast because of a famous boyfriend (like Lily Aldridge). So... I'll probably be the only one that's looking forward to see Anja this year :whistle:

I don't think anyone has bashed her here, they've just stated they'd rather her not be in the show, which is a valid opinion, just like yours is; I can't speak for the tfs. :whistle:

A VS rep tells us izabel goulart cried at her fitting when she saw she was getting her wings!

LMAO! :rofl:

I'm sorry but that is hilarious. Girl, you've worn plenty of wings at these shows. :ninja:

ALSO AT THAT TWITTER:

At VS for a sneak peek of the fashion show! This year's lineup includes chanel, flavia, abbey, behati, liu wen and anja!
Lily aldridge just walked in for her fitting! She is drop dead gorgeous n person

But we already knew most of these names right? I don't know, I'm horrible at keeping track of the girls prior to seeing the show/pictures.

My major issue with Anja is her weight, but beyond that the fact that she felt it was ok last year to make a statement along the lines of 'today being a starve day' or something around that is reprehensible. This is probably the most talked about fashion show in the world. It's more main stream then most runway and the fact that young impressionable girls are watching something like this and that comment is being linked in is almost as bad as when Kate Moss made the statement 'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels'.

Last year, when the girls who were going to walk the runway were asked what they ate that morning for breakfast: Original quote from Anja Rubik: “I’ve decided this will be my starving day today.” – hmm, that doesn’t sound too good.

So while I have nothing against Anja in the normal fashion community I just don't feel she belongs in a more commercial, publicized venue.

As for some of the other girls, I'm a bit leery, but again it all comes down to execution and outfits. Let's see if VS can put together a great show, or butcher a possibility. :|

I'm sorry but that is hilarious. Girl, you've worn plenty of wings at these shows. :ninja:

I thought it was sweet when I read the tweet. You're so cold-hearted. :p

lol

I love that she still gets wings. She rocks them so good every year.

I'm glad she and Selita still have a very good working relationship with VS.

And KK :)

I thought it was sweet when I read the tweet. You're so cold-hearted. :p

:laugh: I mean, it is cute, but honestly... I became a fan of her's when in the 06 or 07 show they did the Angel interviews and she cried talking about how being an Angel meant so much too her; I honestly thought that was such a candid and sweet moment. Now I feel like she's tear up if a VS staff member offers her a water bottle: "Oh, you guys are so *sniffle* nice and wonderful *tear tear*to a simple Brazilian supermodel like me."

I'm only joking, of course. She's a total sweet-heart and I'm happy to have her back in the show.

Also:

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels," is sadly one of my favorite non-important quotes. :pinch:

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels," is sadly one of my favorite non-important quotes. :pinch:

I can stomach that quote to some extent as it can be taken in a way that doesn't necessarily mean starve yourself. After all, watching what you eat and not gorging on sweets and high carb foods and instead eating healthy can make you 'skinny'. However to say that a day is a starve day just isn't ok.

I can stomach that quote to some extent as it can be taken in a way that doesn't necessarily mean starve yourself. After all, watching what you eat and not gorging on sweets and high carb foods and instead eating healthy can make you 'skinny'. However to say that a day is a starve day just isn't ok.

Of course! I always took it in a much 'softer' way (no matter the way she implied it. :whistle: ). 'Don't eat those three tasty burgers, and you may be able to rock that bikini,' sort of way. There is a certain pleasure of looking in the mirror and being happy with what you see, that at least, I personally, I don't get from eating my favorite foods on a regular basis. Still, I don't condone unhealthy eating habits (my anemia induced by crazy diets and starvation, says hi).

TO STAY ON TOPIC: Love seeing Hana. :heart:

hanasoukupova14.png

Hey, I've found an appropriate t-shirt for next wednesday night. I bought a load in bulk, so we can all wear one! I mean, the models get their VSFS robes don't they? Let's join in the fun...

post-11221-0-1446069369-37832_thumb.jpg

Perhaps then we can rest easy in the knowledge that one another gets that we prefer x over y - and simply picture them in their own t-shirt nodding along sagely in understanding - rather than every third post needing to spout our own prejudices? :doofywave:

credit- nothingless

------CONFIRMED CAST LIST (24) not leaving more for many more

Angels and VS Supermodels:

Adriana Lima

Alessandra Ambrosio

Chanel Iman

Candice Swanepoel

Behati Prinsloo

Erin Heatherton

Lily Alridge

Rosie Huntington Whitley

Non-Angels:

Isabeli Fontana

Lindsay Ellingson

Jessica Stam

Emanuela de Paula

Maryna Linchuk

Magdalena Frackowiak

Edita Vilkeviciute

Anja Rubik

Karolina Kurkova

Izabel Goulart

Selita Ebanks

Katsia Damenkova

Abbey Lee Kershaw

Liu Wen

Flavia Oliveira

Anne V

------CONFIRMED FINAL CALL BACKS

The below names were amongst the 80 girls who got final call backs (so there's 40+ names missing), and who may be booked for the show:

Aline Weber

Aminata

Ana Beatriz Barros

Anastasia K.

Bianca Balti

Caroline Trentini

Constance Jablonski

Eliza Cummings

Gracie Carvalho

Hana Soukupova

Irina Shayk

Jessica Hart

Joan Smalls (rumored to not have made the cut)

Jourdan Dunn (rumored to not have made the cut)

Julie Ordon

Lais Ribeiro

Lily Donaldson

Marija Vujovic

Martha Streck

Natasha Poly

Renata Sozzi

Shannon Click

Toni Garrn