Bellazon

7 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

If the last two years weren’t an indication that VS need to fire their creative team this one most fucken certainly is. It’s a mess. Honestly I’m at this point where I think they need a year break to work on some new fresher ideas. They need to shuffle out the team involved and bring in some new fresh blood. I’ve followed this mess of a show for a while now. Even the better shows didn’t always have amazing looks but there was something about them before that was so good. The fact that these girls are walking out covered head toe is so bothersome. I’m not seeing a lingerie fashion show anymore.

On point.

I think somewhere along the way (my personal theory was as soon as the Angels became household names and this became an Event, which I would pinpoint as 2007 at the latest) it became about doing it bigger and bigger every year, making each show better! (bigger) and more exciting! (bigger) and new! (bigger) every year. The obsession with outward expansion is pretty directly mirrored first by the runway size and the model cast then the location changes.

And once it started being about pageantry it stopped being about the lingerie itself. They've had some good moments, like using swimwear in Angels Aquatic in 2011 (my personal favourite show), but it's stopped being about Victoria's Secret products and more about The Brand. Which might seem contrary to logic because they always capitalise on the show to sell, but there's so much more focus on the show itself and the Angels and not what's supposed to be shown.

Cosigning you and firing the creative team and taking a year off.

In other runway shows I’ve found models falling hilarious but this time not so much. It’s a much bigger stage and bigger audience to see this and it’s so publicized around the world that it’s gonna be everywhere. And it’s VS’s fault for packing so much onto girls. Had she not had that fucken fabric wrapped all over her she wouldn’t have tripped.

1 minute ago, RaffyPooh said:

Can someone enlighten me on who the man singing Winter Song in the Nomadic section is, I've been slacking hard this year on VS and frankly I'm embarrassed. 

AWT is Leslie Odom Jr., Nomadic Adventure is Miguel :smile: 

Hiiii I just read eveything finally! My overall thoughts about this year´s show:

First of, venue seems too much for me. Too big, Too tech. I prefer a simple runway but at the same time its kind of refreshing and new. Lets wait to see it when it airs.

Some outfits are trully amazing, most of them form godesses. I LOOOOOOOVED Blanca. She should either become a regular or an angel y a couple of years.

FB was left aside...

Most girls where OK. Good makeup and good hair so I´m happy with that. 

BTW, Elsa´s wings where made so they could be lifted and show the back part of the wing right? Is there any picture? I just see Elsa holding the straps and thats it.

Conclusion: A particular show, with really good highlights. It depends now on the editing.

4 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I cried with this and also with Alessandra's speech. Say what you will about the outfits, but if VS manages to play their cards right I'll end up loving this shitshow just because of the cuteness factor 

Her speech made me tear up as well esp when she said they should do it for the women and how strong we are :cry2:

Just now, PinkCouture said:

Her speech made me tear up as well esp when she said they should do it for the women and how strong we are :cry2:

I hope they air it tbh, you can see Adriana and Lily were crying in the back and when it's all over Adriana hugs Alessandra.

I think they might keep the footage of Ming falling just because she killed it afterwards. She also didn't look clumsy while falling and the overall chain of models being good sport was a lovely act of kindness. 

I just felt bad at the end tho when Martha got to close the show but the song got over. Nonetheless I think they will slow motion her "dress rehearsal" footage and do some editing magic to make it look cohesive. 

5 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

In other runway shows I’ve found models falling hilarious but this time not so much. It’s a much bigger stage and bigger audience to see this and it’s so publicized around the world that it’s gonna be everywhere. And it’s VS’s fault for packing so much onto girls. Had she not had that fucken fabric wrapped all over her she wouldn’t have tripped.

Looking at the photos her cape was so long it slipped under her shoe so when she stepped on it she inevitably slipped :/

1 minute ago, PinkCouture said:

Looking at the photos her cape was so long it slipped under her shoe so when she stepped on it she inevitably slipped :/

Yeah, had the the runway been glitter she wouldn’t have slipped and just caught up on the cape a bit but because the fabric on the floor and the heel on the fabric would’ve been very slippery.

1 minute ago, Kevork89 said:

Yeah, had the the runway been glitter she wouldn’t have slipped and just caught up on the cape a bit but because the fabric on the floor and the heel on the fabric would’ve been very slippery.

To her credit she didn't look bad slipping. If it was me I would have made a bunch of weird faces but she kept on smiling :D

2 hours ago, diamondtw said:

@McToTheFly @F 4 5 H U N @angelcandicebra @LameImpala @gotportugal @jessicanicole @Clauds @Chessie @lostdiadem @CatyCat @nhlovesadri

Martha :

oUVPqHI9_t.jpg DY5PHgWm_t.jpg xyjcTE4j_t.jpg KXBaQiaE_t.jpg 7mFttTOJ_t.jpg

Josephine :heart:

Mm7FPffe_t.jpg cMAeu2HF_t.jpg

Candice :

lS68Whv7_t.jpg yj9pP9ra_t.jpg OCdLKfIX_t.jpg ER09XGxs_t.jpg

Lais :

JZHM8Bj5_t.jpg JZPH93BZ_t.jpg Tixhhc2i_t.jpg

Sara :

f0OCb0FO_t.jpg 5k1wTGcj_t.jpg Jb9r8PuP_t.jpg GqrKyiWW_t.jpg 4LRJNUTP_t.jpg

Elsa :

LA75JHM6_t.jpg dGC63ofT_t.jpg zzudoCu9_t.jpg KOA6hnla_t.jpg

Adriana :

Lz4MU0Bf_t.jpg N7o7oQUN_t.jpg 58bYGdGo_t.jpg 7ExldcvL_t.jpg

Lineup :

mB3s3nzV_t.jpg NXMbP8ZC_t.jpg m95YBjf4_t.jpg neCcLIbT_t.jpg elM9Eqp7_t.jpg Ij042hqT_t.jpg zwdYFi2p_t.jpg btnJ4Tji_t.jpg lyaDHOkY_t.jpg k0HQpObh_t.jpg

LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU, SWEETHEART :heart:

1 minute ago, PinkCouture said:

To her credit she didn't look bad slipping. If it was me I would have made a bunch of weird faces but she kept on smiling :D

She was even mindful enough to pull the wings out of her hair and even it out before hitting her pose, Erin could've learned a thing or two from her about Wardrobe Malfunctions :rofl: