Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

10 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

If Kate cares this much about the heroes of 9/11 (and more power to her if she does), perhaps she can ask her uncle why he voted against the first responders bill on three separate occasions.

giphy.gif

Nailed it :rofl:

Won't comment on the subject either too, don't want to ruffle people's feathers :ninja: 

iyxDNdU.gif  

JJ3 I would consider the most common form of racism in the US as latent racism; however this goes both ways.  Stereotypes are not only negative; they can be positive.  Generally the racist is not conscious of the fact that they are racist.  They know that they are not allowed to be racist.  A mistake!  No big deal, really.  People learn.  Anyway, It comes down to judging people before you get to know them; but this is not really limited to racism.  I often see individuals claim that a person has a 'character defect' if they don't agree with certain politics.  You see this mass get triggered on Kate's social and here as well.  I say that's nonsense; talk is cheap and what matters is character.  

I wonder if Kate Upton is trying to get into HF? 

Kinda revealing how people upset at Kate Upton are "triggered," but she wasn't "triggered" by the protests. It's almost like people use that term in bad faith, to dismiss positions they don't respect.

To change the subject completely why do I find a lot of actual Nazis when I search "#FightForWesternCivilization" on Twitter? Weird!

^ I actually read an interesting thing yesterday about how the misuse and bastardization of the word "triggered" online has been detrimental to therapists and psychiatrists, and their patients, because patients who legitimately suffer from triggers are now ashamed and/or afraid to talk about them because of the negative connotations that have been pushed onto the word. 

And I agree with your point of how double sided it is. :cain: Now I'm going back to quietly lurking on this discussion. 

3 hours ago, Limerlight said:

buZUt8i.gif

But she no longer has those after the new fitness routine!

Anyway, if it is fair to criticize Kaepernick and those who have joined his protest for their use of their platform, then surely it is fair game to criticize Kate Upton when she does the same, but from her own perspective. No one forces any celebrity to make political statements, regardless of where they find themselves on the political spectrum.

8 hours ago, Memento Mori said:

To change the subject completely why do I find a lot of actual Nazis when I search "#FightForWesternCivilization" on Twitter? Weird!

You are hardly changing the subject.

No, it's not weird at all.  That was their slogan and it stems from scholars such as Spengler (Decline in the West) and Rosenberg.  It was also the recruitment slogan of the multinational Waffen-SS.  Its connection is as tenuous as how much of the progressive movement today have forefathers from marxist agitation tactics of the early 20th century.

15 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Would you rather it say #FightForIslamicCivilization?

So lets just get this out of the way, I agree 100% with Kate, so I guess that's for the insults guys. :heart: you

:rofl: How dare you Pretty HOW ? :rofl: Maybe people should say #FightForMyCivilization :p It's way more PC ... 

Keep in mind we are a fashion model and celebrity forum---not a political or social issues forum. Most members here are probably not well-versed or have a full understanding of these topics especially if it is not something they personally experience or encounter each day. And members don't necessarily need to b/c BZ isn't that type of forum. Therefore I am not sure will this all be impactful or contribute in a positive way to the mess that has been going on not just in the US but around the world. Also some of us have very different political and social views. That's ok. If we all agreed life would be boring and obsolete. All we can do is accept each other's views even if we don't agree b/c chances we aren't going to change each other's opinions. We all make our own choices based on what we thinks is best for ourselves, those we care about, our community and global society in general. 

"We have made enormous progress in teaching everyone that racism is bad. Where we seem to have dropped the ball… is in teaching people what racism actually IS."
- Jon Stewart