Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

5 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

i was just saying, jeez....instead of saying something smart they just found a reason to body shaming her

I disagree. From what I read last night, there were a lot of comments on her IG about politics and racial issues. I didn't even see any body shaming (not saying that there were none). Worst thing she was called was "white privileged girl", which her post makes her sound like.

But social media can be ruthless, I'm not denying that.

3 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

She is "complaining" because the football player are kneel down???

Or is it something in general?

I see nothing disrespectful in this image.

Wear yellow Kate, you'll feel like a little proud American sun :Angel:

tl;dc version:

Football player Colin Kaepernick sat during the national anthem in a pre-season game out of protest, and sparked rage and said he would continue to do so until there was some change with injustice and police brutality.

Other NFL players have been following suit by kneeling, sitting and or raising their fists and talking about said issues openly and freely.

Depending who you ask (I am not touching this though/same as why Pretty said she wouldn't either) It is either disrespectful to the flag and hard working men and women, or he's using his constitutional right to not stand during the anthem as president Obama had said.

Also the latest protests/whatever you want to call them happened to be on the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and every NFL game had a pre-game ceremony in some fashion to remember those attacks as well as any other memorials/ remembrance events that happened across the USA/world. So some got very upset and this is Kate's take on it as per what she thinks of them kneeling instead of standing as is customary.

Disclaimer: Limer did not say which way he feels about said issue and will not comment on it other then just giving background information. This is one subject even I won't touch just help to fill in the holes. 

2 minutes ago, Limerlight said:

tl;dc version:

Football player Colin Kaepernick sat during the national anthem in a pre-season game out of protest, and sparked rage and said he would continue to do so until there was some change with injustice and police brutality.

Other NFL players have been following suit by kneeling, sitting and or raising their fists and talking about said issues openly and freely.

Depending who you ask (I am not touching this though/same as why Pretty said she wouldn't either) It is either disrespectful to the flag and hard working men and women, or he's using his constitutional right to not stand during the anthem as president Obama had said.

Also the latest protests/whatever you want to call them happened to be on the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and every NFL game had a pre-game ceremony in some fashion to remember those attacks as well as any other memorials/ remembrance events that happened across the USA/world. So some got very upset and this is Kate's take on it as per what she thinks of them kneeling instead of standing as is customary.

Disclaimer: Limer did not say which way he feels about said issue and will not comment on it other then just giving background information. This is one subject even I won't touch just help to fill in the holes. 

^ I'm a partisan and I think that is a fair account, for what it's worth.

Edited by Memento Mori
added quote due to page flip

39 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

If Kate cares this much about the heroes of 9/11 (and more power to her if she does), perhaps she can ask her uncle why he voted against the first responders bill on three separate occasions.

giphy.gif

Oh boy, I was not aware of this.

59 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

Who cares about what ball players and models think? 

Lots. The history of sports activism is pretty storied, and largely successful. Even in cases where they were, at the time, accused of being ungrateful and unpatriotic. See, for example, I dunno...

http://perezhilton.com/fitperez/2012-02-17-kate-upton-muhammad-ali-las-vegas#.V9bcdygrKHt

Capture.PNG