Bellazon

Things That Could Make BZ Even Better

CarMELita

3 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

I have express my opinions about discussing politics and social issues on BZ on numerous occasions. I think the person this question should be addressed to is @maddog107 b/c he is the owner of BZ :smile: 

Thanks @PinkCouture :hehe: To @maddog107, hopefully the above can be applied somehow soon to keep BZ that much more organized and well, contained :p

There are negatives of having a politics sub-forum:  It may attract posters that almost only care about politics and this may echo into search engines.

Second , politics forums require a lot of moderation if there are enough politics posters.  This means that the workload would increase.

Politics always leads to arguments which has happened here among a couple of us.  But the difference is that we've known each other for years and treat each other with higher standards.  Many newcomers would not be so inclined.

Great! So everyone who is not interested in politics - that much like A FEW members - should read those content or avoid those certain topics just because there may be some future members whose posts need moderation? 

A politics subforum,which could be seen by only members could solve your qualms. And you and everyone else could discuss your views there.

There was always some politics talk in general topic but nowadays it reached a critical amount of posts. I am personally bothered by this. Because imo it is mostly a fashion or model forum. I know we have other topics too,so there should be a political one as well. And if it won't work, rules can be changed and topic can be closed.

On 1/5/2017 at 10:50 PM, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

AGREED HERE 110%

@PinkCouture @Michael* @Prettyphile How about it? :smile:

I say we build it, and make the Fashion Spot pay for it. :actor:

Seriously though, there's been such an explosion of political posts in GenTalk as of late that we seem to have ended up with multiple threads essentially serving the same purpose. So it does feel like we're getting to the point where the content might need to be compartmentalised in some way. We'd have to weigh up all the pros and cons before making a decision one way or the other though, of course.

6 hours ago, Lyla said:

A politics subforum,which could be seen by only members could solve your qualms. And you and everyone else could discuss your views there.

Well the world shouldn't always mold itself to satisfy your needs.

A private forum might work.  A public politics forum is a no-go IMHO.  There are a lot of political obsessives/ trolls in the interwebs that spam forums.   to give you an example, a forum that I am a member with has seen its politics section overwhelm the subject matter section over the years.  Some of these members are nothing more than obsessives that copy & paste the same content onto multiple forums and add little of substance.

Getting Doutzen, Miranda Kerr, Candice Swanepoel a subforum. Dropping Petra & Ana Beatriz and make them regular forum just like the other, AnaBB and Petra's is not pushing enough post per day  comparing to Doutzen, Miranda, & Candice. It would make it so much easier to find a specific picture, 

What Kiki said. :laugh:

There's a chance we might re-evaluate our existing subforums at some point in the future, but it's unlikely that we'll be elevating anyone new to subforum status. If we started doing it for one or two, however deserving they may be, the arguments would be neverending. Why Candice, why not Elsa, what about Barbara and so on.

When were these sub forums for models created? I personally do think it'd be easier if some models would have their own sub forum, as it would be easier to find pictures of them rather than having to go through hundreds of pages... 

6 hours ago, *Luna* said:

When were these sub forums for models created? I personally do think it'd be easier if some models would have their own sub forum, as it would be easier to find pictures of them rather than having to go through hundreds of pages... 

All our subforums were started before I got here, but my understanding is that Petra's was created because she was an honorary member and a great supporter of chilaX, the forum that preceded BZ. For the others, it was most likely on the strength of popularity and traffic.

With the search function back in business, I personally don't think the size of any given thread matters too much. It's only an issue if people forget or neglect to include the relevant information when posting pics.

On 1/7/2017 at 8:50 AM, Michael* said:

What Kiki said. :laugh:

There's a chance we might re-evaluate our existing subforums at some point in the future, but it's highly unlikely that we'll be upgrading anyone new to subforum status. If we started doing it for one or two, however deserving they may be, the arguments would be neverending. Why Candice, why not Elsa, what about Barbara and so on.

But it should be only for models that have more than thousands page, this would be a good explanation why the other models do not get a subforum. 

On 1/12/2017 at 4:40 AM, Kells. said:

But it should be only for models that have more than thousands page, this would be a good explanation why the other models do not get a subforum. 

If we were going to do it, that would be the fairest way. :yes:

With regard to locating pictures, thread size shouldn't be too big a hindrance. It might be an issue if the search function is busted or if people neglect to include relevant information in their posts, but I don't know if I could see a subforum doing much to solve either of those things.

• 4 weeks later...