Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

robynlawley

I have started an online petition -link above 👆 JOIN ME and lets help change the minds of Victoria’s Secret to be more diverse and inclusive of body shapes and sizes on their runways!
Victoria Secret have dominated the space for almost 30 years by telling women there is only one kind of body beautiful.

Until Victoria’s Secret commits to representing ALL women on stage, I am calling for a complete boycott of this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. It’s time Victoria’s Secret recognized the buying power and influence of women of ALL ages, shapes, sizes, and ethnicities.
The female gaze is powerful, and together, we can celebrate the beauty of our diversity. It’s about time Victoria’s Secret celebrated the customers that fuel its bottom line.
Will you join me?
1 Sign the petition!
2 Encourage your friends not to tune in or attend the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
share a photo of yourself on Instagram, as you are (not airbrushed and beautiful), use the hashtag #myangelwings to share what makes you uniquely beautiful, please tag me so I can see (@robynlawley) and @ThirdLove 
For every person who shares a post with #myangelwings hashtag, ThirdLove will donate one bra to @isupportthegirls (a national non-profit that collects and distributes bras to homeless women and girls around the country !!!)

2 minutes ago, ivancica said:

robynlawley

I have started an online petition -link above 👆 JOIN ME and lets help change the minds of Victoria’s Secret to be more diverse and inclusive of body shapes and sizes on their runways!
Victoria Secret have dominated the space for almost 30 years by telling women there is only one kind of body beautiful.

Until Victoria’s Secret commits to representing ALL women on stage, I am calling for a complete boycott of this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. It’s time Victoria’s Secret recognized the buying power and influence of women of ALL ages, shapes, sizes, and ethnicities.
The female gaze is powerful, and together, we can celebrate the beauty of our diversity. It’s about time Victoria’s Secret celebrated the customers that fuel its bottom line.
Will you join me?
1 Sign the petition!
2 Encourage your friends not to tune in or attend the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
share a photo of yourself on Instagram, as you are (not airbrushed and beautiful), use the hashtag #myangelwings to share what makes you uniquely beautiful, please tag me so I can see (@robynlawley) and @ThirdLove 
For every person who shares a post with #myangelwings hashtag, ThirdLove will donate one bra to @isupportthegirls (a national non-profit that collects and distributes bras to homeless women and girls around the country !!!)

Oh my god... that’s a bit ridiculous. A complete boycott because the girls they use are thin? Seriously.

I like that they are doing it for charity. However, selling “exclusivity” is a valid marketing strategy. Of course, VS can be criticized for presenting a very narrow image of what is “perfect” because they are still trying to sell to the masses unlike e.g. couture houses.

Unpopular opinion in the outside world but maybe not here : I LIKE that the models are « unrealistic » although nobody is, since they do exist ...

i like that they have beautiful perfect bodies, that’s the dream. I don’t want to see a girl that looks like me, otherwise I’d be mad that it’s not me on the runway, what’s the point ?

there. I said it. 

1 hour ago, marinebing said:

Unpopular opinion in the outside world but maybe not here : I LIKE that the models are « unrealistic » although nobody is, since they do exist ...

i like that they have beautiful perfect bodies, that’s the dream. I don’t want to see a girl that looks like me, otherwise I’d be mad that it’s not me on the runway, what’s the point ?

there. I said it. 

Exactly. 100% agree. Nothing wrong with admiring VS models. I haven’t got anything against plus size models, they’re still gorgeous but when it comes to lingerie fashion shows, I think models look better when they are thin or slender and toned. 

For instance, Ashley Graham is stunning but imo wouldn’t suit the VS show. Models like Tess Holliday are morbidly obese and people call her a plus size inspiration, but in reality it’s unhealthy and it’s very dangerous to be so large...

But then again I don’t think Kelly Gale looks very healthy and she’s a stick with big tits. 

There’s a middle ground, EG: Barbara Palvin. Curvy but slender.

22 minutes ago, VSFSFanatic said:

Exactly. 100% agree. Nothing wrong with admiring VS models. I haven’t got anything against plus size models, they’re still gorgeous but when it comes to lingerie fashion shows, I think models look better when they are thin or slender and toned. 

For instance, Ashley Graham is stunning but imo wouldn’t suit the VS show. Models like Tess Holliday are morbidly obese and people call her a plus size inspiration, but in reality it’s unhealthy and it’s very dangerous to be so large...

But then again I don’t think Kelly Gale looks very healthy and she’s a stick with big tits. 

There’s a middle ground, EG: Barbara Palvin. Curvy but slender.

Same, I find beautiful women of all sizes and shape but it’s not what I want when I watch a Victoria’s Secret show. I expected that from Fenty lingerie show and that’s fine too !

I understand what they want to express in the campaign and I fully support an inclusion of models with larger sizes but it is stupid to think that from one day to the next you can change a company and industry completely without leaving a disaster in its path. Things do not work that way, there are many things to take into account that would in any way affect the progress of these campaigns. I know that as time goes on, models of different sizes will be included to VS until a fair inclusion is achieved, but that will happen little by little; otherwise, it will be shocking to people and they will not know how to repair it.

When the ratings for the show are inevitably terrible once again, these idiots will probably give themselves and their campaign all the credit. I mean, sure, VS' beauty standards are rather narrow but that's still preferable to the "genius" idea of everyone being equally beautiful, especially for the purposes of selling lingerie.

Speaking as an Adriana fan, I don't agree on the idea that VS promotes only bad body types or images, when you have someone like Adriana who is a 37 year old mom passionate about sport and having an healthy lifestyle, both for herself and to set a good example for her daughters. That's as good as an inspiration can be.

Yes there are some models who extremize the being thin aspect, but the general message of being an healthy person who goes to the gym and keep an eye on the nutrition without renouncing to indulging sometimes, that is the one coming from many if not all of their contracted Angels, is a good one imo.

3 hours ago, ivancica said:

robynlawley

Will you join me?
1 Sign the petition!

tenor.gif?itemid=7940582

4 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

How much do you guys reckon those wings cost? I would gladly make myself a man’s version of wings and keep it at home for the lulz :rofl: 

We should have a shitty wing making contest. That could be fun.

3 hours ago, marinebing said:

there. I said it. 

SAME.

I wanted to see a fat ass I'd just watch myself on the mirror :rofl: I'm 100% here for VS selling me a fantasy

I mean, as said before, they are there to sell you an idea, not the truth.
Do I shop from VS? Sometimes. They sell what women, some women, want to be. 

If I want something serious, I go to Figleaves or AP.

That being said, I do LOVE watching the show because it can all really be pretty.

We're dealing with a bunch of old white men here, in order for something to change inside the brand, something needs to change way up.

Doesn't matter who is in charge, VS (or other lingerie brands for that matter) are selling a fantasy. If they stop doing that, they will probably sink faster than the Titanic. People act as if fashion and Hollywood are single-handedly responsible for beauty standards rather than largely following the already existing trends. And even if it were all fashion and Hollywood's fault, one company can't change that on its own. The average consumer finds Adriana Lima prettier than Ashley Graham, this isn't going to change even if billions are thrown at chasing the illusive "all body shapes are equally" beautiful goal.

Now, campaigning against the use of ultra-skinny models as opposed to slender but not quite as skinny ones is far more likely to succeed but in that case focusing on VS rather than high fashion is rather absurd.