Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

1 minute ago, Clauds said:

I agree, Jasmine and Adriana have both muscular bodies now and VS likes them just fine. Romee, Taylor and Stella all gained weight since becoming Angels. Elsa and Sara are the only ones who are still pretty much the same but even them have gained some muscle since becoming Angels. Behati has never been thin and Candice was under fire when she lost weight back in 2011. Is not about just looking/being thin anymore these, they need to look healthy too and I think it's a good change.

+1

Clearly we are delusional together :rofl:

17 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I agree, Jasmine and Adriana have both muscular bodies now and VS likes them just fine. Romee, Taylor and Stella all gained weight since becoming Angels. Elsa and Sara are the only ones who are still pretty much the same but even them have gained some muscle since becoming Angels. Behati has never been thin and Candice was under fire when she lost weight back in 2011. Is not about just looking/being thin anymore these, they need to look healthy too and I think it's a good change.

Sara was scandalously thin back in 2014. She did gladly gain more muscle for the 2015 and on. But I disagree on Romee, I think she still looks really thin

Anyone who goes to the gym to do hardcore endurance training will know trying to maintain a good body figure, guy or girl, isn't about just working out 24/7 in the gym and cutting your food intake to be lean and ripped. If you did that, pretty soon you'll be damaging your own body and those endurance training will backfire on you. Models not eating is always a myth, they probably don't each much carbs, but it doesn't mean they eliminate it from their palette. They just load on super high protein + fiber food with lots of vitamin + skin rejuvenation drink to boot. 

When Kev mentioned Jas chowing down on a burger, it's true. She needs them calories to have energy for endurance training. 

50 minutes ago, Clauds said:

This.

For a few years now VS has stressed how much they want their girls to be healthy. They have been using girls like Adriana, Jasmine, and Jo especially as their main spokesmodels for Victoria Sport because these are the girls who have the most muscle mass and live, breathe, eat (no pun intended) a very healthy lifestyle. It's super smart for VS to capitalize on that, so people don't get the wrong idea of what a VS Angel is supposed to look like. Extremely skinny models is starting to become a thing of the past. Now designers just want healthy looking girls modeling their clothes.

54 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

Anyone who goes to the gym to do hardcore endurance training will know trying to maintain a good body figure, guy or girl, isn't about just working out 24/7 in the gym and cutting your food intake to be lean and ripped. If you did that, pretty soon you'll be damaging your own body and those endurance training will backfire on you. Models not eating is always a myth, they probably don't each much carbs, but it doesn't mean they eliminate it from their palette. They just load on super high protein + fiber food with lots of vitamin + skin rejuvenation drink to boot. 

When Kev mentioned Jas chowing down on a burger, it's true. She needs them calories to have energy for endurance training. 

I don't think that they eat 'super high protein' foods.  High protein diet is actually taxing on liver and other organs.  eg. My friend consumes 4 times more protein than dietary guidelines just to maintain a male-model like physique.   If their protein intake was high they would start looking like Natie Roser, she-hulk, and the 1980s models.  They eat a lot of nuts, vegetables, fruits.

I suspect that their image is designed to help sell their sportswear.

Overall, I think that this look is not very attractive for woman and the effort it takes is just not worth it for normal people that want to look  their best.  I don't think that a lot of exercise is needed to look good for men and women; it's largely in the strict diet control.

1 minute ago, Cult Icon said:

I don't think that they eat 'super high protein' foods.  High protein diet is actually taxing on liver and other organs.  eg. My friend consumes 4 times more protein than dietary guidelines.   If their protein intake was high they would start looking like Natie Roser, she-hulk, and the 1980s models.  They eat a lot of nuts, vegetables, fruits.

Oops, sorry. I should probably phrase it in a better way, by super high protein foods, I don't mean diet. But rather, foods that are rich in protein. Not necessary the amount bodybuilders take, but still enough to be a part of your daily meals. Sure enough they probably eat nuts, greens & fruits, but they don't sustain you through vigorous training. There's gotta be some form of meat protein. Reasonable clean diet is what I'm saying. 

1 hour ago, gotportugal said:

Sara was scandalously thin back in 2014. She did gladly gain more muscle for the 2015 and on. But I disagree on Romee, I think she still looks really thin

She looks really thin because she is naturally really thin, I can't stretch this enough, but some girls are actually that thin naturally (and 100% healthy) and struggle to gain weight. But compare her 2014 vs. 2015 and you'll see a difference, she is for sure bigger now.

37 minutes ago, GildedAngel said:

This.

For a few years now VS has stressed how much they want their girls to be healthy. They have been using girls like Adriana, Jasmine, and Jo especially as their main spokesmodels for Victoria Sport because these are the girls who have the most muscle mass and live, breathe, eat (no pun intended) a very healthy lifestyle. It's super smart for VS to capitalize on that, so people don't get the wrong idea of what a VS Angel is supposed to look like. Extremely skinny models is starting to become a thing of the past. Now designers just want healthy looking girls modeling their clothes.

Well, you can say that for VS, but not for HF designers. That's so different...

And agree, you can't have that kind of training without a lot of (healthy) eating. The delusional thinking is to believe that they starve themselves while working out 24/7. 

18 minutes ago, Kallisti said:

Well, you can say that for VS, but not for HF designers. That's so different...

And agree, you can't have that kind of training without a lot of (healthy) eating. The delusional thinking is to believe that they starve themselves while working out 24/7. 

Which is why I said it's starting to become a thing of the past. Obviously not all HF designers are there yet. There are some who still like the tall, skinny model look. And there are others who are now accepting a more athletic, lean body type. 

1 hour ago, gotportugal said:

Just because she still looks thin doesn't mean she didn't gain some pounds. In comparison to when she first started VS to now she's gained muscle mass, even though she's still very skinny which is fine.

32 minutes ago, Clauds said:

She looks really thin because she is naturally really thin, I can't stretch this enough, but some girls are actually that thin naturally (and 100% healthy) and struggle to gain weight. But compare her 2014 vs. 2015 and you'll see a difference, she is for sure bigger now.

Wasn't Sara actually the one who admitted that she lost a lot of weight after being rejected by VS several times?

I think I even remember her documenting her weight loss on Instagram before becoming an angel.

If you watch her in the 2013 show, she looked a bit "fuller".

While I agree that there are girls who are naturally thin, I don't think Sara is the best example. Candice or even Stella fit that kind of bodytype better IMO.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.