Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

8 hours ago, Sanni said:

Video:

What Makes A Beautiful Body? SI Swimsuit 2016 Cover Girls Open Up

This is the most self-serving, self-indulgent crap I've ever seen since LeBron's 1-hour special on ESPN to announce he's leaving Cleveland. For me, this year's cover gimmick literally demotes any meaning or legitimacy that was ever involved in a model landing the cover of the SI Swimsuit issue. 

On 21 februari 2016 at 5:16 AM, PinkCouture said:

I love HanFerg but she often comes off as if she is a few french fries short of a Happy Meal :nicole::ninja: However compare to Rose she is like Einstein reincarnated :D She should hangout with Rose more often so she seems more smart---kinda like how some woman hangout with friends who are not as attractive :thumbs_up:

As the great football pundit Jan Mulder once said about this very subject: "Sometimes a little bit dumb can be fun." :p

I just saw Ashley on Ellen and she mentioned (really quickly but still) that hopefully SI will start putting models from different races on the cover. That's cool from her, I don't personally love Ashley but I think it's great she said so, one of my biggest complains about this year is that they had three covers and they were all white women so kuddos to Ashley.

The diversity in the current issue was terrible, not that that's shocking. If I'm counting correctly there were 3 WOC (Rose, Chrissy, Chanel) in the issue, and then Ebonee and Mia in the model search (and neither of them will be back, lbr). It's a little different if you count the Latina models, and Gigi(Palestinian) but it's still pretty bad. 

I feel like it's also dumb. Just make DLO a rookie and send her to Univision and all the latin press and gain more populatiry in the latin comunity which is huge in the US :idk: 

And this year if they had three covers, it was THE chance to put a WOC on the cover, there has been so much talk about the lack of diversity in the industry and such and what does SI do? Put three white women on the cover, Chanel or Rose would have been great. Imagine the headlines if SI had Chanel/Rose, Ashley and Hailey on the cover, it would have been a major win, but nope, they had to go with loser Ronda.