Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

So this is what Cheryl Tiegs had to say about Ashley's cover, now we know she ain't getting that award Elle got this year :rofl: 

Actually I don’t like it that we’re talking about full-figured women because it’s glamorizing them, and your waist should be smaller than 35 [inches]. That’s what Dr. Oz said I’m sticking to it. No I don’t think it’s healthy. Her face is beautiful, beautiful but I don’t think it’s healthy in the long run.

8 hours ago, Clauds said:

I feel like it's also dumb. Just make DLO a rookie and send her to Univision and all the latin press and gain more populatiry in the latin comunity which is huge in the US :idk: 

That would have been great for publicity.

5 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

So sad to hear an icon who claims to be anti-bullying and not mean-spirited say something like that. Another thing that is sad is she doesn't seem to be taking too well the fact she is aging and is no longer relevant or an A-lister :( 

Thank you for posting this because when I first read the excerpt that @Clauds had posted, I thought that the quote is by Chrissy Tiegen. I was really confused why she would say something like that, it didn’t seem like something Chrissy would say or think. But then your wording tipped me off to read the post again since Chrissy is not aging and she is at a point in her career where she is doing a good job of staying relevant.

On 18/2/2016 at 2:43 AM, Clauds said:

Bo Krsmanovic (Rookie) - 47.271 (+3.335)

Sofia Resing (Rookie) - 48.083 (+4.064)

Tanya Mityushina (Rookie) - 42.702 (+3.373) 

not counting Barbara and Ashley but the other rookies on Instagram gained more followers lately

Bo 51k

Sofia 51,1k

Tanya 52k

Well, it was rude to say that about Ashley, but I think her main point is clear. And that's not stupid at all.

In a country where obesity is such a huge problem maybe they shouldn't promote it. (ok, I know, I know , you think that Ashley's not fat. or overweight.:cain:)

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/feb/11/houston-health-crisis-diabetes-sugar-cars-diabetic

This is a really interesting article about obesity and diabetes in Houston. 

For this group, obesity is so prevalent in Houston that it distorts an understanding of what a healthy weight is, Linder found. “Their perception of their health was affected by their peers as opposed to other sorts of references. If all of their peers were overweight then in a relative sense they were fine. The judgments were about one’s peers and not relative to any sort of expert standard,” he says.

I guess it's true in the USA in general. That's why we can't agree. 

Wider hips and thick tights. The most "dangerous" fat is the one on the stomach and all the "fat" is on her tights and butt. She has a small waist and she is very tall.

Not liking Ashley's body is one thing -not a fan either, I used to like her with less pounds- but saying she unhealthy or obese is grotesque & dumb.

I was answering to Kevork

Edited by frenchkiki

Lyla I think you run with the idea that Ashley is gonna cause a bunch of people to just eat and be fat and say fuck it. That is not going to happen. They're not promoting an unhealthy body image. What they're showing is that in this world there isn't just one size. People need to accept that there are all body types. There are a lot of people like Ashley who lead very healthy lifestyles and aren't skinny little things. Hello. We all come in different shapes and sizes. The media just likes to portray a certain type. SI just put it out there that other women can feel special too. My sisters, friends who are all plus size never gave two damns about SI. Ever. But they've been talking about it too. And we are here in Australia. But no one I know has said oh damn it's hot being fat I'm gonna eat what I want. That isn't what's going to happen. No one is promoting unhealthy eating.

That argument is what people hide behind when really they just can't handle someone bigger on a major cover.

And let's go look at one VS has put out here lately. Vita who has lost so much weight and looks very unhealthy skinny right now. Is that a healthy image to promote to people? This is Vita from 2014-2015 and then this is her now. There's two sides to the plus size and super skinny talk. I don't think there truly is a healthy body type. Everyone is different.

image.thumb.jpeg.a364991cf98929f0800608a

Kevork, you think right, I think that people will say that in the end if they get this in their faces from the media.

Of course there are different bodytypes, and what VS does is another story, that's damaging too...

But here I'm talking about fat acceptance. In my opinion Ashley is overweight. Lot of people find this comment rude here or dumb or idk what, but if you watch her in motion, you can see the extra fat on her. It's not only her bodytype. But don't go into that direction now again because that's not my point that Ashley's a pig or that I don't like her cover. I don't have problems with showing different bodytypes (btw where are small girls? where are flat girls? where is any Asian girl? etc...)

My problem is that everyone in SI videos says this is healthy. That her body is healthy. She even says that average American size is 14 like hers. I think this is damaging. Average overweight American women will think that her body is fine and that she's healthy. Ok, accept your body, but don't say that you don't have any extra pounds. (any extra fat raises the risk of cancer, cardiovascular problems, diabetes...maybe she's healthy ATM...but surely won't be in a long run, as Cheryl Tiegs said).I would be totally fine with it, if they wouldn't promote it as healthy. Healthy body image is a different thing. Healthy body image is that when a fat woman can realize that she's fat and she needs to lose weight, then she doesn't have delusions about herself. I saw that Ashley's working out, don't know about her diet. Yes, we have different bodytypes, women's bodybuilding is even more complicated because of hormones, so yes, some people are lucky and don't have to do so much work, but some are unlucky and has to, to have an ideal body. Or let's not say ideal, but healthy. And here's the thing where we see this differently. What we find healthy...Once again I don't find Ashley's body so healthy. She can be healthy, if you mean by healthy that she has no high blood pressure, diabetes etc but imo that's not enough.

You said even your sisters are talking about it in Australia...So what it is if not a promotion? Of course people have to deal with their bodies, and some people will never have a body like Hannah F has. But:

mzNP3YgW.jpg

I understand and respect your opinion of course. I get what you are saying. Sadly this industry isn't ever really promoting a "healthy body" anyway.

I still don't like what Cheryl said. Not that I don't get it but I doubt Cheryl can talk about healthy body and what not. Let's face it she's a product of the 70s and 80s when they thought smoking, drinking, partying and doing cocaine was healthy :rofl: