Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

VS and SI are officially bedfellas again ...

First Lily, Sara and others go from VS to SI, then Emily, Gigi and now Hailey Clauson are going from SI to VS. This is a great thing tbh, it's smart from both companies to have the models do both things and become more famous, it's a win win for everyone.

Now let's just have Elsa, Lais, Rose, Josephine, Nina and The Hannah's work for both companies and it will be gold.

I would love to see Ming doing PINK, she's been growing on me a lot lately. And yay for Hailey  :dance:  But with Nina they had a chance years ago, I'd love to see her doing VS but that ship has sailed (hope I'm wrong obv)

And that commercial, I don't get it, is it a nod directly to VS? Cause if they're trying to promote the "real women have curves" thing, then it's just as lame as VS having only skinny HF models. If they meant something different, then I didn't get it.

^ Lane Bryant says they are taking on VS' "beauty standards" because VS does not make lingerie, clothing for the ++ demographic so they made this basically attack campaign directed at VS and use #ImNoAngel

The posing is mimicking the "Perfect Body" advertisements VS used previously. They try and get good PR saying they are empowering acceptance of all body types but really it is one of the few ways a company like Lane Bryant can get any press or positive media compared to a giant company like VS and its parent company.

Thanks, thinking about it I came to the same conclusion. But I still think the same, good for them for taking on VS' beauty standards, bad for them for not including more actual body tipes, seeing larger girls and normal girls and skinny girls would have been way better.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Rachel, she didn't even get cast for last year's show and she didn't get a spot in the Swim Special either. She may just be the girl VS is using while they find a proper replacement to Elsa. I thought I'd be Gigi for sure but the coke thing probably didn't help much, and the fact that VS let Emily have her own solo event tells you they are clearly testing the waters so I don't think they are 100% on Rachel.