Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

You guys still didn't answer my question....

If VS really doesn't need Ale and Adriana, why do they still shell out millions for them each year for relatively little work? 

Surely if they felt like star power wasn't essential, VS wouldn't still be supporting models like Ale and Adri when they can easily financially replace them with 6-7 full time working girls.

If VS really doesn't need Ale and Adriana, why do they still shell out millions for them each year for relatively little work? 

Surely if they felt like star power wasn't essential, VS wouldn't still be supporting models like Ale and Adri when they can easily financially replace them with 6-7 full time working girls.

Which is basically what they're doing in the next year or so.  They don't need Ale or Adriana, but it also don't hurt them to have them around. People don't think of Adriana without thinking of VS, and that's makes any project she does free marketing for VS. 

@stellamaxwell chats with @vmagazine about being named a @victoriassecret angel, how she met her BFFs @mileycyrus and @cheythom and their recent trip to Las Vegas! Read full story on VMagazine.com photos @cheythom

^ Or maybe she was just being her 23 years old self?

#beentheredonethat

Is not essential but if you can have it, why turning it down? :idk: Alessandra & Adriana clearly had a great relationship with VS so far so it's a win win for everyone, but I don't see VS crying over losing Tyra, Heidi or Gisele, they pretty much gave zero fucks about them leaving. The only one who got something 'special' was Tyra and it was mostly because she was officially retiring from modeling and not because VS was worried about their $ after she left. Adriana and Alessandra are not making as much with VS anymore either because they cut their work load, the fact that VS let Adriana go back to Maybelline shows you how little they care about it these days. 

Don't kid yourself Gab, models are replaceable but the VS money pays their girls in most cases is not replaceable or at least not easily, especially when you are 25+ in an industry were you peak at 20 (or younger). That's why the models stick around with the brand for so long if they are given the chance.

Back in the 90's and early 00's VS did need famous women to establish themselves and gain loyal costumers, now they have that and they know people will buy their products regardless of who is wearing them, that's why they don't have to get established models like Joan and pay her a shit lot of money when they can have cheap little Grace/Lais/Daniela sell the same product to the same target audience for a cheaper price.

Captain Picard did. Would you dare to question him?

Q6k2QCg.gif

I´m always falling for the charms of this man. Oh silly me. :angie:

Captain Picard did. Would you dare to question him?

:rofl: I luvs ya Jennka :p

Arrange me a date then :chicken:

Because, Gab, that´s what good people do. Good people do not throw out their pets once they get old and useless - no, we cherish them, nurture them and pay a lot of money to keep them alive and in relatively good condition.

#whatgoodpeopledo

:shifty:

^ Or maybe she was just being her 23 years old self?

#beentheredonethat

If VS really doesn't need Ale and Adriana, why do they still shell out millions for them each year for relatively little work?

Surely if they felt like star power wasn't essential, VS wouldn't still be supporting models like Ale and Adri when they can easily financially replace them with 6-7 full time working girls.

Is not essential but if you can have it, why turning it down? :idk: Alessandra & Adriana clearly had a great relationship with VS so far so it's a win win for everyone, but I don't see VS crying over losing Tyra, Heidi or Gisele, they pretty much gave zero fucks about them leaving. The only one who got something 'special' was Tyra and it was mostly because she was officially retiring from modeling and not because VS was worried about their $ after she left. Adriana and Alessandra are not making as much with VS anymore either because they cut their work load, the fact that VS let Adriana go back to Maybelline shows you how little they care about it these days.

Don't kid yourself Gab, models are replaceable but the VS money pays their girls in most cases is not replaceable or at least not easily, especially when you are 25+ in an industry were you peak at 20 (or younger). That's why the models stick around with the brand for so long if they are given the chance.

Back in the 90's and early 00's VS did need famous women to establish themselves and gain loyal costumers, now they have that and they know people will buy their products regardless of who is wearing them, that's why they don't have to get established models like Joan and pay her a shit lot of money when they can have cheap little Grace/Lais/Daniela sell the same product to the same target audience for a cheaper price.

Lol, you mean because VS has a nice relationship with Ale and Adriana, they just have millions sitting their for them annually waiting for them to grab it and go back home even though they don't have much to do with them? Like, this isn't a business at all. I see your logic. And wasn't the reason why Adriana went back to Maybelline because VS stopped the beauty line or something like that?

When was the last time Adriana wasn't involved in all the major VS press related stuff? I mean, she fronts every single press related thing by VS and sometimes alone.she don't need to be in no catalog no more, just the illusion that she's everything thing VS works well. And lets not pretend VS didn't hold on to Heidi until the first greys of her hair popped out or that they basically exploited Gisele.

of course they will move on it the models leave, but that doesn't mean they don't give a shit.

Lol, you mean because VS has a nice relationship with Ale and Adriana, they just have millions sitting their for them annually waiting for them to grab it and go back home even though they don't have much to do with them? Like, this isn't a business at all. I see your logic. And wasn't the reason why Adriana went back to Maybelline because VS stopped the beauty line or something like that?

When was the last time Adriana wasn't involved in all the major VS press related stuff? I mean, she fronts every single press related thing by VS and sometimes alone.she don't need to be in no catalog no more, just the illusion that she's everything thing VS works well. And lets not pretend VS didn't hold on to Heidi until the first greys of her hair popped out or that they basically exploited Gisele.

of course they will move on it the models leave, but that doesn't mean they don't give a shit.

Oh, no. VS does care for their models. Everytime their angel leaves, they are very open about how "she´ll be the Angel of our hearts forever" and will "continue working with her if she wishes to" and will "invite her to every VS fashion show". Why else would they state such things if not out of pure love? :heart:

So no, it´s the general average people that don´t give a shit. Those mean, uncaring cold-hearted creatures that continue buying the VS products even when some of the legendary VS godesses leave. Most of them won´t even notice! How dare they. People are freaks!