Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Those outfits from Family Feud were so ugly. I don't understnd VS fashion choices. 

I don't understand why VS would put all those "influencers" on their main page. whoever said on the last page here that it makes their feed look a mess, you are right!!!

I don't understand why VS would do anything they're doing. I honestly think they're just doing stuff and hoping something works. Like a last ditch effort. They seem clueless and random and all over the place anymore. 

From a recent interview with VS' most underused Angel aka Miss Kroes

'You get so much attention, your ego is just “wow”, you’ve worked so hard to look a certain way and you get so much credit for it. But I had two children, we moved back to Amsterdam from New York and I had an opportunity to work with a lingerie brand here, where I would get to be the only brand ambassador. Things had changed a lot at Victoria’s Secret, too. [Victoria’s Secret] were taking on new models each year and it was not about [promoting] six iconic girls any more.’

Sis saw it coming that the Angel status was going downhill

36 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Wow.

Did Doutzen already knew they were signing 10 girls at once?

She must have thought, VS might drop the old angels and so she left first?

It's unclear if her other lingerie gig had more money but Could it be bigger than what VS was paying her att?

10 hours ago, Clauds said:

Does Doutzen care enogh to explain us how is this possible while VS clings to the angels more than a decade. Working only with 6 models for over 10 years could be the worst marketing strategy i’ve ever heard for a lingerie brand.

This only works if VS sets time limit on angel status otherwise it turns in to the wife status. Considering the numbers of the shows that many angels walked even before they became angel, serving for 5 years as an angel would be enough imo.

They finally recognize the need for fresh blood but somehow failed on it too.

9 hours ago, laeteita said:

Does Doutzen care enogh to explain us how is this possible while VS clings to the angels more than a decade. Working only with 6 models for over 10 years could be the worst marketing strategy i’ve ever heard for a lingerie brand.

This only works if VS sets time limit on angel status otherwise it turns in to the wife status. Considering the numbers of the shows that many angels walked even before they became angel, serving for 5 years as an angel would be enough imo.

They finally recognize the need for fresh blood but somehow failed on it too.

I disagree. This is why VS was able to create stars such as Tyra, Heidi, Adriana, Alessandra and to a lesser extent Candice. Because VS was a very exclusive gig to get, the brand would push these women to become household names. No one sees any of these women and doesn't think VS! as soon as you see them. With 16 Angels it limits the amount of attention and press will get, making it harder for them to actually make it big. While they do need new blood, signing 10 girls together was 100% unnecesary, and time proved Doutzen right. I love Elsa but who the fuck outside BZ even knows her? No one, because VS hasn't done a good job at promoting her or any of the new Angels. When you have a smaller group of girls, it's easier to give them all their momentum and allow them to grow within the brand. IMO the Angel thing started to go downhill in 2009 when they signed a bunch of girls together, but they managed to still have some sort decent plan as Behati, Lily and Rosie from that group managed to become relevant. The turning point however was not only signing 10 Angels together, but them dropping two of them within a year and sign another Angel, that's 15 women getting contracts, 10 of them having to share the attention from the get-go because VS made just once announcement. At least the four women from this year had a week each to get some press.

VS was doing well before, slowly buiding up girls, signing them at the right time, grooming them for their big moment and the keeping a small group people were familiar. Not it's just a clusterfuck and not even people in BZ can't manage to remember the 100 Angels they have. I adore some of the newer Angels, but I honestly think Candice will be the last star coming from VS, and even her didn't reach her full potential.

20 hours ago, Clauds said:

I saw that interview in her thread and thought the same thing! I love how honest she was about that. 

I think it's pathetic what VS has become in terms of star power, but I still like some of their products, some of their models, and some of the pictures they produce, and the show but we all know that's gonna be a disaster this year if they even do anything. 

15 hours ago, medicenevs said:

Doutzen is truly the smartest bitch, isn't she? I love her to death.

same here! I've always loved her interviews because she makes sense and she's bold. 

That beach Taylor is at is ugly. I guess I see why they photoshop backgrounds and stuff now. 

Alexina always has the worst poses. What is she even doing in that mix and match instagram picture? She looks awful, too. :blink:

^and I agree with Clauds about less angels= more press and being more well known. them signing so many girls at once was really stupid and that Candice is definitely the last big star of VS. Taylor could've been on but there are too many girls to share teh spotlight with. VS did much better when they only had a core group of girls that everyone got to know, not all these random chicks (to me, someone like Romee or Stella is random)

i'm asking this for curiosity, not in a bad way; besides going to events, does leomie do something more? so far this year, i've not seen her working for magazines, shows... i remember her being the face of some campaign ? then vs and nothing more. i kinda started following her work after she became an angel so maybe she has done something more before that? 

i know she has a brand tho

1 hour ago, claudiawilliams said:

i'm asking this for curiosity, not in a bad way; besides going to events, does leomie do something more? so far this year, i've not seen her working for magazines, shows... i remember her being the face of some campaign ? then vs and nothing more. i kinda started following her work after she became an angel so maybe she has done something more before that? 

i know she has a brand tho

I looked on her models.com profile, which doesn’t always capture everything a model does tbh but I don’t follow her career closely, and it looks like she does a few shows or an editorial here and there each year but her main gigs are VS and her brand. 

I was reading Karlie's interview for British Vogue and this caught my attention:

"During this soul-searching period, she quit one of her most lucrative contracts, with the lingerie conglomerate Victoria’s Secret. “The reason I decided to stop working with Victoria’s Secret was I didn’t feel it was an image that was truly reflective of who I am and the kind of message I want to send to young women around the world about what it means to be beautiful,” says Kloss. “I think that was a pivotal moment in me stepping into my power as a feminist, being able to make my own choices and my own narrative, whether through the companies I choose to work with, or through the image I put out to the world.”

I mean, who am I to judge someone I don't really know but...Karlie has always seemed like the kind of person that just says what everyone wants to hear. And this is probably another one of those things. Also, she walked for them again 2 years ago. 

What Doutzen said makes a lot more sense.