Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

10 hours ago, claudiawilliams said:

as you guys can see, people are so happy about vs using influencers instead of their angels to promote the brand :rofl:

1.thumb.jpg.7e498404ee8d885099304c982ba72f1d.jpg2.thumb.jpg.d7d83a1ee3058164ecefe6a07711d346.jpg3.thumb.jpg.a559fe49e47499a4775222c496a6106c.jpg4.thumb.jpg.bda0330ce75264e56101de4665dcfeb7.jpg5.thumb.jpg.7ad0ddcac222b6d7f7390d52b861b701.jpg

They are doing the same stupidity in Latin America, at least in my country (Chile). They use influencers from a reality show that even Jesus does not know and call them 'ambassadors' of VS here.
Why do not they ask a fan to take a couple of pictures with some panties and promote them too?:ninja:

Vs be spending millions on contracting angels and not utilizing them but a few thousand dollars on influencers?

I'm not understanding the marketing strategy although they seek more market share.

At this point either the angels are underpaid or the PR team lacks confidence in the angel.

1 hour ago, Beehive2 said:

Vs be spending millions on contracting angels and not utilizing them but a few thousand dollars on influencers?

I'm not understanding the marketing strategy although they seek more market share.

At this point either the angels are underpaid or the PR team lacks confidence in the angel.

Me too. I’m having difficulty wrapping my mind around this. 

🤦🏼‍♀️ 

2 hours ago, Beehive2 said:

Collaborating with others can be a very smart move from a business perspective.

The new media landscape that marketers are facing is extremely complex. As a result, brands have been forced to think creatively in order to stand out. Today, it takes more than just a good product to succeed—marketers need to leverage the advantages of digital and social media and use these platforms to genuinely connect with consumers in order to build narrative around their brand’s values. This has been a guiding principle for years, yet many companies have done relatively little to change their approach to brand development. Fearful of risk, they make do with the same approach that they’ve employed for years – and in turn, they see profits dwindle.

On the other hand, those who embrace new media and are not afraid to take a few risks will ultimately see the most success. Engagement and customer experience need to be prioritized, and must be catered to in a way that feels authentic. Collaboration is an ideal solution: a smart marketer’s Swiss Army Knife, brand collaborations both engage and excite consumers, and when executed well, will generate long-term loyalty.

Look around and I’m sure you’ll begin to notice examples of collaboration in your daily life. Perhaps you have a bag of Doritos by Taco Bell chips in your cabinet. A Disney x Dooney and Bourke handbag in your closet? Or perhaps the Beats by Dre wireless headphones (now owned by Apple) and a SoulCycle x lululemon tee in your gym bag? These are just a few mainstream examples, but brand collaborations can also be more nuanced, situational or contextual as our world becomes increasingly connected by technology. With this in mind, companies across all stages of development, from startup to corporate, can utilize a collaborative strategy to grow an audience and enhance their position within their specific niche of the market.

But not just any collaboration will do – brands that partner with one another must also fit.

When there’s fit (shared values, goals and target audiences), brand collaborations not only shape perception, expand awareness and excite existing believers – they give everyone something to talk about. And in today’s media world, if you’re not being talked about, you’re irrelevant. Put another way, brand collaborations provide a simple heuristic link to an overwhelmed consumer: I have an affinity for X, so Y must be worth checking out too. While subtle, this sort of link has incredible filtering power.

In fact, co-branding and collaboration are no longer optional for a brand’s success: they’re a strategic imperative. When executed thoughtfully, with a clear line of communication and well-established mutual goal between both parties involved, these partnerships have enormous impact on a brand’s long-term outlook and profitability.

We can learn quite a bit about collaboration by looking at the fashion industry, a pioneer in new marketing strategy for decades. Leaders in this space understand the power that lies in creatively connecting the dots between various brands, including products, services, individuals, media and technology. Apparel is something tangible and lasting; buying clothing or shoes is an emotional decision and, when worn, becomes an extension of a consumer’s personal brand. Thus, a thoughtfully-executed collaboration of two or more brands, styles or designs can greatly enhance brand recognition and build an audience of like-minded individuals who become loyal to both labels involved.

Brand ‘collabos’ that are produced in limited quantities can be even more powerful. Take for example the much-talked-about Off-White x Nike sneakers. Virgil Abloh’s influence brought the classic Air Jordan style to new heights, and the limited-edition styles have flown off Nike’s shelves. When only small quantities are produced, these collaborative products are seen as ‘iconic’ and rapidly increase in value, even turning into collector’s items.

Kanye West’s partnership with Adidas is another good example in footwear. The “Yeezy Effect” brought in $2 billion more in sales for Adidas in 2015 than the company had averaged prior to the partnership, and has boosted the brand with a halo effect that is likely to stick around for at least a few more years. In April 2018, Kanye took to Twitter announcing that the Yeezy brand on its own will hit $1 billion this year.

The angels effect is a slump ?

The influencer effect is a hike because it's value for money?

Angels + influencers = market share?

Product cannibalism at it's finest or market skimming gone wrong and now the VS team is using market penetration.

As far as brand collabs goes, it's only good because the VS marks up all the other products but the issue is they are simply not using the angels to their contract's worth and potential.

I hope they don't have a show for the next 2-3 years and then come back with a BANG! That'll bring ratings back. I see Adriana showing love to VS in their hard times. A true Goddess she is.

IDC that they are using social media influencers in their social media campaigns and etc. They are more relatable and most of their fan bases have purchasing power. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a design collaboration with an influencer or one day make an influencer an angel. Seems like they are heading in that direction anyway. They still believe in "THE MORE THE BETTER"....."BIGGER AND BETTER" approach....whatever. They just need to drop more than of these angels if they are going to muddy the lines between angels and the social media girls.

2 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

I love your take on this photograph.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  The sheep are so cute!!

lol I figured I would try and find something positive to say about that picture

I wanna know about the VSFS. I really hope they have one this year and I thought the last 2 years were actually pretty decent. but VS seems to make a lot of decisions that I think are stupid so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't do a VSFS. 

8 minutes ago, bump said:

lol I figured I would try and find something positive to say about that picture

I wanna know about the VSFS. I really hope they have one this year and I thought the last 2 years were actually pretty decent. but VS seems to make a lot of decisions that I think are stupid so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't do a VSFS. 

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I couldn't find a positive so I scrolled back up.

As for the VSFS, they don't seem to have a budget for anything so I do not want to see a show with whatever coins they scrap up from their casting couches.

1 minute ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I couldn't find a positive so I scrolled back up.

As for the VSFS, they don't seem to have a budget for anything so I do not want to see a show with whatever coins they scrap up from their casting couches.

LOL

and the budget thing....is VS really doing that badly? I can't tell you the last time I bought anything there and I used to shop there quite a bit. it seems like the VS store at my mall never has anyone in it.