Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

I'm 100% for Angel Aiden, sis is gorgeous, does gorgeous pictures, does well at the show and she would add some much needed diversity.

Fingers crossed for Grace today! I just don't wanna wait another week if they go with Lameka today :rofl:

Well, i like Grace of course, but Aiden is special for me. Lameka might be a good Angel as well, i like her!! :) 

18 hours ago, loh_keeh said:

Jasmine Sanders 

14 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

I pray to GOD, Jasmine doesn’t walk the show. I still don’t understand how she’s a model, she’s really just another pretty face to me with nothing to offer (IMO).

She has absolutely no presence on the runway so I do not see that happening whether people wanted it or not LOL!! How can you model for x amount of years and not improve at all?.... Around the 2:22 mark.

She is better in IG modeling than professional photography/runway which kind of defeats the purpose of being a fashion model but I digress. 

I seen her in person in NYC and she's very beautiful though.

15 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

I pray to GOD, Jasmine doesn’t walk the show. I still don’t understand how she’s a model, she’s really just another pretty face to me with nothing to offer (IMO).

i thought you were talking about jasmine tookes and i was really offended lol

kinda agree. she's pretty but there's something about her that i don't like. plus, she looks like another insta model ? for me idk

16 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Agree

I was reading the last few pages and I'm really confused about how many of you think 100K is a little amount of money? Like, ok, VS contracts used to be way bigger right from the jump but damn, imagine having little to none financial stability but you keep working then you get handed a 100K on a contract that gives you that anual exposure? That's big deal for a model who's trying to make it in such a hard and competitive industry. I'm pretty sure that the first year is a trial, then, based on how well you sell, that contract can go up in numbers (which is something that happened with Taylor, I think). VS isn't a worth it as it used to be, I have said that it is a sinking ship, but it's still a big gig for now.

Social media + the horrible model deductions have also helped decrease the value in being an angel. Social media has made beautiful women more accessible than ever. VS is hiring models like Lameka, Martha and Alexina meanwhile there’s far more captivating women just roaming Instagram that people can find. They are not getting enough rare beauty and presence like Taylor attached to their names, and they are no longer associated with having the best of the best. 

For me its that $100k just doesn't add up. Let's say an Angel gets paid 100k and has to work around 50 days (events, promo, shooting etc), I know its variable etc this is just an example. That would mean they were getting a day rate of 2k. Which is so low it is laughable so I call bullshit, none of these models would have such a low day rate period simply for the reason they are signed with agencies in these markets which would have higher day rates by default. I mean I live in Dallas, our local agency models have day rates in that range even in our small market usually starting around $1,200, NY, London, Western Europe day rates will be much higher by default simply because of the market. 

I know you can say well exposure and lump sum, but I still don't buy it. There are a decent number of local male and female models in the DFW area who can make good money $50k-$80k or so a year. I think this forum has somehow manage to overestimate how much models make while simultaneously underestimate them... we either focus on the ones that are multi millionaires or the poor ones walking 50 shows for a pair of pants and a wedgie and ignore the giant ass gap in the middle all those mid to high six figures models.

Just because a model may not be in demand doesn't mean they start bargain binning her day rate. You ain't getting as summer blowout special on Julia Stegner's day rate just because she isn't as in demand as she was 10 years ago. Someone like Constance Jablonski with a day rate well north of $20k isn't going to think twice about a contract that effectively pays her a tenth or fifth of her day rate. 

Lol I just saw @Fashionfreak1 said in 1 sentence what I took a billion to try to say....

14 hours ago, secretangels said:

69FDF1D5-6947-4FE4-968B-B8470970AE75.jpeg

tRuSt mE I KnOw wHaT i’M sAyInG i HaVe My sOuRcES 

I love when rando Instagram accounts act up like this. You don’t have sources, you’re just going off the established pattern and hoping you’re right so then you can act like you were really in the know. 

Someone posted that VS Mexico thing with Barbara in Mexico City. Pure speculation but Lorena posted that she was flying somewhere sunny today. 

Also...y’all really think girls are signing away a huge chunk of their exclusivity for a $100K contract? Okaaaaaay. 

No way in hell Barbara signed for that little, and I doubt even Alexina did. 

6 hours ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

! How can you model for x amount of years and not improve at all?.... Around the 2:22 mark.

She is better in IG modeling than professional photography/runway which kind of defeats the purpose of being a fashion model but I digress. 

I seen her in person in NYC and she's very beautiful though.

I missed her in the vid, I was thinking 🤔 “so that’s what it was like dropping acid and watching The Price Is Right”

11 hours ago, BenByunghun said:

For me its that $100k just doesn't add up. Let's say an Angel gets paid 100k and has to work around 50 days (events, promo, shooting etc), I know its variable etc this is just an example. That would mean they were getting a day rate of 2k. Which is so low it is laughable so I call bullshit, none of these models would have such a low day rate period simply for the reason they are signed with agencies in these markets which would have higher day rates by default. I mean I live in Dallas, our local agency models have day rates in that range even in our small market usually starting around $1,200, NY, London, Western Europe day rates will be much higher by default simply because of the market. 

I know you can say well exposure and lump sum, but I still don't buy it. There are a decent number of local male and female models in the DFW area who can make good money $50k-$80k or so a year. I think this forum has somehow manage to overestimate how much models make while simultaneously underestimate them... we either focus on the ones that are multi millionaires or the poor ones walking 50 shows for a pair of pants and a wedgie and ignore the giant ass gap in the middle all those mid to high six figures models.

Just because a model may not be in demand doesn't mean they start bargain binning her day rate. You ain't getting as summer blowout special on Julia Stegner's day rate just because she isn't as in demand as she was 10 years ago. Someone like Constance Jablonski with a day rate well north of $20k isn't going to think twice about a contract that effectively pays her a tenth or fifth of her day rate. 

Lol I just saw @Fashionfreak1 said in 1 sentence what I took a billion to try to say....

Yep.

Where did this talk of 100k come from to begin with? 😂