Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

According to CNBC, it was announced last week during a March investor’s meeting led by Les Wexner, the founder and CEO of L Brands the company that owns Victoria’s Secret, that the lingerie brand would begin to “reduce its promotions, eliminate the catalog and stop selling certain categories.” In other words, despite the fact that swim is a multi-million dollar endeavor for VS, they are beginning to slowly dismantle it in favor of a tighter focus on the label’s other, more profitable lines. The end of print catalogs also feels right in line with the companies shift towards a more millennial focus, targeting younger consumers right where they live on the web. Victoria’s Secret has yet to comment on the specific details of the restructuring, but a source tells PeopleStyle there will be further information released to the public next month.

That means no more VS swim specials.... I couldn't care less.

And one day the Victoria's Secret mainline will close in favor to focus on PINK only :tf:

NEW ROUND

Best VS Lingerie Model

Stella Maxwell

iItz2ug.jpg

&

Laetitia Casta

pRx8TAr.jpg

Points to consider:

How well do they wear the lingerie?

Does she sell a fantasy for you?

Would you consider buying whatever they're wearing despite the item not be your style?

CLICK LINK BELOW TO VOTE

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

^ Ad hominem :whistle: 

Well, I mean, if say even Tyra was saying that, I guess it would make sense. But Rebecca hardly did runway, is more known for both of her marriages and her acting career than her modeling one and all in all, is hardly even famous at all. I don't think that she's in a place to criticize Kendall or Gigi, especially not using those points.

And ffs, it's not curing cancer, it's walking one way and back on a stage and looking pretty in pictures. It's not Something you have to deserve, it's selling a fantasy, no matter whether you were "discovered at a McDonald's in Brazil" or slid out of the same vagina as a girl who got peed on in a sextape with Brandy's brother and then edited the scene out of the DVD release.

Kendall and Gigi are marginally famous women who work as fashion models, if that's not what supermodels are, I don't know what is (and it definitely isn't what VS claims it to be either).

+ 1 to Rebecca's statement :rofl:

And she's damn right about social networks not translating into $$, I've been saying this shit forever: just because a person has a lot of followers doesn't mean they will put money on them, just look at Adele or Jennifer Lawrence, they are barely in social networks and still do better than pretty much everyone else in their fields. 

Also wtf is wrong with VS? They are trying to push their new girls but they keep sending Adriana to do all the big things like the Super Bowl, Latin Billboards o.o, those were huge opportunities for them to push either Taylor or Elsa but nope, it goes to Adriana.

Watch as she gets a fourth Fantasy Bra before any of the new girls gets one.

Lais is attending the White House dinner tonight; not sure if it was VS who putted her in OR if she was invented for being a VS Angel, anyway she's in. Any chance for her to appear on VS instagram? Last year Adriana attended and I think VS mentioned it on their social media

6 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

I agree about how irrelevant in the end this is; what I meant is that the fact she may not have been a "real supermodel" -whatever that means- doesn't make her points any less valid just because of that (and specially on what refers to social media, I think they are).

She just comes off sounding bitter and let's face it, if social media Queens were flops they would get dropped eventually.

"Legitimate" fashion people may hate that they are successful, but I guess that would make Lagerfeld and Vogue and the likes illegitimate. That's just a plain dumb statement to make.

As she said fashion always changes, maybe it's time she adapted to said change.

Fashion Changes and Rebecca hasn't changed. She contradicts herself but oh well...

VS only mentions Taylor's, Adriana's, and Martha/Tay's pics. But you never know.

For the LATIN Billboards they could have also sended Sara maybe, or Lais. For the Superbowl Taylor or Martha or Jasmine. Why send a foreign Brazilian?

5 hours ago, Clauds said:

Also wtf is wrong with VS? They are trying to push their new girls but they keep sending Adriana to do all the big things like the Super Bowl, Latin Billboards o.o, those were huge opportunities for them to push either Taylor or Elsa but nope, it goes to Adriana.

Watch as she gets a fourth Fantasy Bra before any of the new girls gets one.

I'm not quite sure if VS send her. Her agency didn't relate Billboard awards with VS unlike Superbowl.