Bellazon

2020 SI Swimsuit

On 4/6/2020 at 5:52 AM, peroxideblonde said:

Yep :rofl:

Yes???? Who thinks she's ugly needs glasses, big ones

I think she is stunning!!

I only ever checked the SI stuff when Barbara P was in it, but I see she is not this year. That's a shame. 

The older lady is very pretty for her age, but I think it's strange she's in there. 

The bald lady is not pretty, but I feel bad for her. At least she gets to wear a bunch of fun wigs when she wants. 

I like VS and VS models, so I'm happy for Josephine, but since I'm not a fan of SI to begin with, I will only check back for Josephine (not that anyone here cares, but I just thought I'd show Josephine some love!)

I would be intersted in SI if they had Lorena Rae, Barbara P, Kate Li, Grace Elizabeth (I can't see her doing it though)...

I hope you guys enjoy the issue more than it seems like you expect to. But I can understand why because most of these models really do suck. 

On 4/9/2020 at 10:36 AM, bump said:I hope you guys enjoy the issue more than it seems like you expect to. But I can understand why because most of these models really do suck. 

:thumbsup:
And here is @bump summering the whole issue up in two sentences! 

You made my day Bump!! :hug:

20 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

:thumbsup:
And here is @bump summering the whole issue up in two sentences! 

You made my day Bump!! :hug:

:rofl: 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking those things. I feel bad for the people who really like SI. It's like me and VS. I loved VSFS and most of the VS models about 5-6 years ago, and now I'm usually bored with them and don't like the new models. Sounds like what is going on over here. 

I don't understand why they never had Barbara P back after her last year of doing it. I think she did it for 3 years? It seemed like a lot of people liked her doing it, so IDK why they would stop. At least Josephine is in, she is good for SI. 

6 hours ago, bump said:

:rofl: 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking those things. I feel bad for the people who really like SI. It's like me and VS. I loved VSFS and most of the VS models about 5-6 years ago, and now I'm usually bored with them and don't like the new models. Sounds like what is going on over here. 

I don't understand why they never had Barbara P back after her last year of doing it. I think she did it for 3 years? It seemed like a lot of people liked her doing it, so IDK why they would stop. At least Josephine is in, she is good for SI. 

there's a theory..they never have more than one vs angel in the issue (not talking about the old times)

so i think there's a deal between si/vs and with Jo in they had to let go Lais and Barbara since she's an angel too now

2 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

there's a theory..they never have more than one vs angel in the issue (not talking about the old times)

so i think there's a deal between si/vs and with Jo in they had to let go Lais and Barbara since she's an angel too now

That's a shame.  Jo will be great, and a bright spot in what will surely be another disappointing issue, but losing Lais and Barbara is a huge loss.

The angels can’t always be like the models that were in the issue for at least 8 years. (Though I wish they could- those ladies know how to sell a suit and make it look effortless.)

Those models names elude me, though I think Irina S and Anne V were two? 

17 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

oh, well damn. I think all 3 of them would've great in the issue, and I'm not even a fan of Lais! I don't think she's a good HF model and I don't like her VS work, but I think she would be good for SI because she's good at beachy/swim stuff. I wonder what the point of having that deal is. Is it just to get more exposure for the one VS girl they do have?

13 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

The angels can’t always be like the models that were in the issue for at least 8 years. (Though I wish they could- those ladies know how to sell a suit and make it look effortless.)

Those models names elude me, though I think Irina S and Anne V were two? 

wait Irina and Anne were in SI for 8 years? WOW good for them. I don't like either of them (their modeling and their faces/bodies are not to my taste), but good for them! 

I always liked Lily as well, but then again Lily is one of my favorite models/Angels so I'm not surprised I liked her SI stuff. I just look at SI for the models I like though. I'll check this thread out for Josephine, but she's about the only one who is worth anything to me in this issue. 

43 minutes ago, bump said:

oh, well damn. I think all 3 of them would've great in the issue, and I'm not even a fan of Lais! I don't think she's a good HF model and I don't like her VS work, but I think she would be good for SI because she's good at beachy/swim stuff. I wonder what the point of having that deal is. Is it just to get more exposure for the one VS girl they do have?

yes i guess..and not having more than one angel promoting SI..but who knows maybe SI doesn't want to use too many angels

I doubt that "one Angel at the time" thing is accurate, I think it's  been just coincidences, especially once VS got rid of their swim line it would mean the girls don't have restrictions. If you look at it, most the girls have left after three or four years which is a pretty normal run with SI, particularly when you are a "big" model and SI keeps passing on you for the cover, i doubt either Lais or Barbara would be happy to play second to a nameless model again. And from what I've heard, SI had been trying to get Josephine for a long time and I fully expect her to be on the cover.

It would also make no sense to have that rule when you consider how often they "copy" models from each other, VS had never been anywhere near Jasmine Sanders until she did SI, SI probably would still not know who Lo Duran is if she hadn't been working, VS also launched Kelsey who is now doing both, Robin Holzken also does both but had her "big break" with VS, and I doubt anyone in VS knew who JooJoo was until she showed up in SI, Hannah Ferguson did both for a while, same for Chase Carter and Kelly Gale. Both brands profit more when their models have a higher profile and having both brands behind them, usually helps with that.

7 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I doubt that "one Angel at the time" thing is accurate, I think it's  been just coincidences, especially once VS got rid of their swim line it would mean the girls don't have restrictions. If you look at it, most the girls have left after three or four years which is a pretty normal run with SI, particularly when you are a "big" model and SI keeps passing on you for the cover, i doubt either Lais or Barbara would be happy to play second to a nameless model again. And from what I've heard, SI had been trying to get Josephine for a long time and I fully expect her to be on the cover.

It would also make no sense to have that rule when you consider how often they "copy" models from each other, VS had never been anywhere near Jasmine Sanders until she did SI, SI probably would still not know who Lo Duran is if she hadn't been working, VS also launched Kelsey who is now doing both, Robin Holzken also does both but had her "big break" with VS, and I doubt anyone in VS knew who JooJoo was until she showed up in SI, Hannah Ferguson did both for a while, same for Chase Carter and Kelly Gale. Both brands profit more when their models have a higher profile and having both brands behind them, usually helps with that.

Who do you mean? Not Josephine S?

Sara left when Lily was a rookie, Lily left when Lais was a rookie..and now Lais/Barbara when Jo is a rookie..That's weird to me

And vs/si using the same models at the same time is another story, they aren't angels, that makes sense since the girls are gonna have more exposure if they work for both

51 minutes ago, victoriassecret_aut said:

Who do you mean? Not Josephine S?

JooJoo Hwang. She is a rookie this year, right after it was announced she started working for VS and she was literally an unknown model up until SI came.

33 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

Sara left when Lily was a rookie, Lily left when Lais was a rookie..and now Lais/Barbara when Jo is a rookie..That's weird to me

And vs/si using the same models at the same time is another story, they aren't angels, that makes sense since the girls are gonna have more exposure if they work for both

Lily and Sara were both in the 2014 and 2015, I think by the time the 2016 shoot came Sara knew she wasn't getting the cover and decided not to continue doing SI tbh, also when Sara signed with VS they still had the swim line so it makes sense she would have to give up SI for VS anyway due to the exclusivity clause. Lily left having a cover under her belt so I'm not sure what else was for her to do in SI? It was also around that time (2016/2017) that her career started to move into a more HF direction so it makes sense she also stopped doing SI around that time. Lais and Barbara have both been doing the mag together for years, both failed to get the cover even during their respective popularity "peaks", imagine being them and then losing the cover to Daniel Herrington and Camille Kostek :ninja: also Lais only started doing SI after VS had gotten rid of their swim line, thefore the whole exclusivity thing was gone. I think it's obvious they'll never get the cover anyway so, why keep doing it? Lais' best shot was 2018 and Barbara's best shot was last year, didn't happen for either of them. Kinda like Gigi who we all thought would get the cover in 2016, but she didn't and then she never came back. Not everyone is Anne V who was cool with being passed on for the cover for a decade. And to be fair, other than Lais and Josephine I can't see any other VS girl who could have done the crossover between SI and VS once the exclusivity was over, maybe Jasmine, but Taylor, Elsa, Romee, Behati, Jac, Kate G, Stella or Martha I can't see for SI.

I expect Josephine to get the cover this year (possibly one of mulitple covers again because #wokeness, you gotta please everyone) and if not, then I doubt she'll stick around for more than 2-3 years, unless VS drops her and she really needs to hang to SI. Angels or not, more exposure is more exposure and both companies need it to sell more of their respective products.

Now for this year, my best bets for cover is another trio of models: Josephine, Jasmine and the #wokesurprisemodel. At least all three of them have good bodies so I guess it could be worse lol.

I would love is Josephine gets the cover!

I don't really know any of the other models, but from what I've seen, I don't like them. I like Josephine a lot and I think her VS and HF work is great. I just hope she doesn't look trashy in her pictures. Sometimes she comes across a little too "in your face" sexy try hard, so I hope she is able to look naturally seductive. I like VS swim pictures better than SI because I'm not really into the super sexy seductive stuff as I would prefer more happy and fun and modest, but I am happy Josephine was chosen because I know SI is a big deal. I do not like that they're putting everyone and their grandma in the magazine though. That ruins it for me, I thought SI was supposed to be fit and sexy models in swimsuits, not everyone who goes to the beach gets to take a picture and be a "model", but maybe i'm just too traditional and old fashioned. AT least Josephine is a great pick for this!