Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

8 minutes ago, phang.s said:

Yeah well a lot of the times “the best fit for the position” ends up being all white, skinny, excluding people with disabilities, etc, etc so until that stops things are put in place so people get the representation they deserve. Some people are victims of this fucked up society sis. 

Being black or Asian or Hispanic or native or whatever should not automatically get you a position in an advanced placement class that is dictated by gpa. If you want something work your ass off for it. Being a women shouldn’t automatically get you a job when there are other more qualified people. Again individual merit should be taken into consideration. 

I’m not saying that representation shouldn’t matter at all. I understand that some people have more difficult circumstances. However it is being taken to an extreme in certain situations at the expense of others. Winnie has a shitty attitude and is being cast because she’s different. Not necessarily being she warrants the spot on the show for her walk or her body. She’s not ugly. Far from it. But it’s the self entitlement attitude that is offputting. 

Autocorrect sucks. 

3 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

@Afutureoffashi0n if you hate VS so much and you think it’s such trash why are you in this thread? It seems like half your comments are talking shit about the company and the models walking. 

You don’t have to like everything or everyone. But I mean. Something/anything? 

I used to love VS but these days it’s an embarrassment - there are things and people I’m excited to see return (Barbara p, leomie, etc) for but in general the lacklustreness warrants criticism 

4 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

Being black or Asian or Hispanic or native or whatever should not automatically get you a position in an advanced placement class that is dictated by gpa. If you want something work your ass off for it. Being a women shouldn’t automatically get you a job when there are other more qualified people. Again individual merit should be taken into consideration. 

I’m not saying that reforestation shouldn’t matter at all. I understand that some people have more difficult circumstances. However it is being taken to an extreme in certain situations at the expense of others. Winnie has a shitty attitude and is being cast because she’s different. Not necessarily being she warrants the spot on the show for her walk or her body. She’s not ugly. Far from it. But it’s the self entitlement attitude that is offputting. 

Can you link me to an article that states that this is going to be implemented in all schools? Cause I can’t find it.

Sounds like they’re just trying to find a way to diversify upper level classrooms, which are like that due to a history of racism. Obviously not the solution, but either way I don’t see any article saying they’re actually going through with it or that it was even a big discussion so I can only say that. 

I dont like Winnie and I’d rather not see her, but her body is on point, walk is decent, is very popular, and knows how to be sexy. I notice people like to discredit her just because they don’t like her. Yes she is rude, but VS has had druggies and criminals in their lineup who don’t even have half as much as Winnie has to offer. 

Liu Wen is confirmed so that makes 60 models now. So I guess no Maria B or Karlie Kloss this year :/ 

out of all the girls walking this year, Kendull Janitor, Sadie Newman, Winnie Harlow and Grace Bol (love her but she’s too HF for me and doesn’t really fit VS or stand out in VS) all need to leave imo. Replace those girls with Robin Holzken, Danielle Harrington, Maria Borges and Hannah Clauson. Girls actually deserving of that spot...

1 minute ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Liu Wen is confirmed so that makes 60 models now. So I guess no Maria B or Karlie Kloss this year :/ 

out of all the girls walking this year, Kendull Janitor, Sadie Newman, Winnie Harlow and Grace Bol (love her but she’s too HF for me and doesn’t really fit VS or stand out in VS) all need to leave imo. Replace those girls with Robin Holzken, Danielle Harrington, Maria Borges and Hannah Clauson. Girls actually deserving of that spot...

Call back Izabel too 

Yay Romee!!!

i messaged you phang to take the conversation out of this thread. But I get what you’re saying. I really do. I just think it’s a slippery and potentially problematic approach. 

Also it’s not a blanket across the country. Just a few schools that are doing it. Or at least were last year. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Omg so true even the grace Bol part which I 100% agree with miss the days of genuine supermodels and the show being for women not teens...