Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

Or it's like Elsa's picture and people are cherry picking what fits the narrative they want. Josephine gets excited over everything so using her as an example for someone who isn't over it really doesn't work.

I'm literally looking at pictures dating back a year from VS events, and of course I can find pictures where she's not super smiley, and yet at the exact same events I can find pictures where she does look happy to be there. So if you want to create a narrative it's easy. I could do the same thing for damn near every model. Personally I find the fact that she doesn't smile constantly at events refreshing, it makes it when she does smile seem much more genuine.

3 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Why be over it? That seems like a foreign concept to me, outside of Elsa and Jo, their models work minimally and get paid a shit ton. Its basically free cash and who doesn't love to get the most out of doing very little? Adriana has been milking this sinking ship for how long? I have yet to see her grab a life vest.

Anyone who has followed Taylor since well before VS came along can attest to her not being the most happy go looking in pictures, events or what not. She a little type a introvert who is only really smiley when she's with her sisters, and even that is debatable. If we are going to judge people based on what we see for a brief moment in a picture and then disregard everything else as a whole, then every single VS model with the exception of Jo has been "over it" at some point.

It's not the fact that she's not smiling alone, but she barely mentions VS, she rarely posts about VS on SM even tho that's a part of the gig. She also isn't hanging out with the other girls as much as she used to either. Adriana has been with VS for like a century but she always seems excited about it (actually, too excited, girlriend needs to chill the hell out). And I do think Taylor is not the only one over VS for sure, I also think Elsa is going to leave quite soon.

I do think the recent direction the brand has taken could be a huge part of it, I doubt these women signed those contracts knowing VS would go downhill like this i.e cutting swim and therefore cutting their Bahama/Caribbean location trips, doing mostly white-wall shoots cutting the artistic side of the shoots, doing less commercials = less exposure for the modes, doing less events = less exposure for the models, working with unknown photographers for the most part which also takes some prestige away from the brand and so on. VS used to be everyone's dream job but it has changed a lot, especially in the last two years and IMO the changes have been for the worse. These women signed up most likely to be the next Gisele or even the next Adriana and clearly that ain't happening. 

But we'll have to agree to disagree here I guess :idk:

I don't follow Taylor that closely but it doesn't seem to me that this 'vibe' is only VS related. I get the impression that she is either not interested that much into this 'modeling-social media world' she lives in or she's just more introverted than others.

I don't know if this changed. She did appear more 'happy' when she just became an angel. I also notticed that she and Romee don't hang out anymore.

Either way - it's her own life. If she loses a job because of it - so be it.

IDK if this has been mentioned before but Adriana also posted some videos working out while listening to Drake and Cardi B. Could we be getting Cardi, Drake and Maroon 5? I know Miley was semi-confirmed but the show is in three weeks and she still hasn't said a thing about releasing any new music, so I'm starting to think more and more that it ain't happening.

Also, I never got to see the video of her and the models, does anyone have it? I was on vacations and missed it

2 hours ago, Clauds said:

I do think the recent direction the brand has taken could be a huge part of it, I doubt these women signed those contracts knowing VS would go downhill like this i.e cutting swim and therefore cutting their Bahama/Caribbean location trips, doing mostly white-wall shoots cutting the artistic side of the shoots, doing less commercials = less exposure for the modes, doing less events = less exposure for the models, working with unknown photographers for the most part which also takes some prestige away from the brand and so on. VS used to be everyone's dream job but it has changed a lot, especially in the last two years and IMO the changes have been for the worse. These women signed up most likely to be the next Gisele or even the next Adriana and clearly that ain't happening. 

This.

I feel like the those 8 that sticked around are probably just there for the money now, being an Angel feels like a bore honestly...white wall shoots are suchhhh a bore

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

This whole paragraph summarizes my feelings that either a several angels are going to be dropped or one or two creative directors/executive producers are leaving. Budget cutting always leads to several people losing there jobs....and it seems like Sophia and co. would blame it on the new angels before blaming it on themselves. Like someone mentioned earlier 10 angels was the worst idea because you lose exclusivity of being an angel on top of too many non-angels shooting content for the brands.

These budget cuts are coming from the people above Sophia and co. who are not happy with there performances/sales and I am sure some of the angels know they are being cut.

4 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

This whole paragraph summarizes my feelings that either a several angels are going to be dropped or one or two creative directors/executive producers are leaving. Budget cutting always leads to several people losing there jobs....and it seems like Sophia and co. would blame it on the new angels before blaming it on themselves. Like someone mentioned earlier 10 angels was the worst idea because you lose exclusivity of being an angel on top of too many non-angels shooting content for the brands.

These budget cuts are coming from the people above Sophia and co. who are not happy with there performances/sales and I am sure some of the angels know they are being cut.

You’re right though. They are definitely blaming the models hence the introduction of all these flop new models being used as replacement Angels in shoots lmao. 

This is why in a way I really hope this show absolutely tanks so they’ll be forced to start looking at the higher ups. 

Besides the easy money what’s there to smile about? Taylor has to promote the tackiest, childish and dated looking perfume concept with no rewards besides money, which like it’s been said isn’t what she signed up for. I’m sure most wont willingly leave even if unsatisfied due to the steady money, but I’m sure they’re all upset at what the brand has turned into.

Taylor said she wanted to be the next Giselle or bigger than her. I’m sure she thought VS would do that for her and here she is...(still a lot of it had to do with her though. VS got her a lot of attention and social media fame, but she just doesn’t have what it takes.)

From May 2018,

Share of L Brands (LB) fell 8% Thursday on the news. The stock is now down nearly 50% this year, making it the worst performer in the S&P 500 for 2018.

L Brands chief investor relations officer Amie Preston said during a recorded call for investors Thursday morning that a decline in lingerie sales and the Victoria's Secret PINK brand of apparel dragged down overall results.

She added that profit margins at the chain were hurt by "additional promotional activity in order to drive traffic." Translation? Victoria's Secret has had to lower prices and hold more sales in order to get customers to come into the stores.

Victoria's Secret owner is the S&P 500's worst stock - CNN

From August 2018,

In another sign that things are going poorly for lingerie giant Victoria’s Secret, MarketWatch reports that its parent company, L Brands, saw shares tank by 10% on Thursday. This was notable because it coincided with Victoria’s Secret’s semi-annual sale, which is usually a time when fans of the brand flock to the stores and website to pick up $3 undies and $15 bras.

Victoria’s Secret has dominated the market for decades, selling lingerie in a highly sexualized way. But it’s possible that women today–particularly in the post-#MeToo moment–are not drawn to the brand’s marketing. Instead, a wave of fast-growing startups, like Lively, Evelyn & Bobbie, and ThirdLove, are focusing on the comfort and innovation at the heart of their products.

One reason Victoria’s Secret has maintained its dominance for so long is that it is often very hard for women to find the right size bra.

When a woman figures out her size at a particular brand, she often keeps buying products there to avoid having to go through the ordeal of being fitted again.

Basically, nobody wants to buy Victoria’s Secret anymore—even on sale.

From August 20, 2018,

L Brands' Victoria's Secret is breaking its brand image and losing pricing power, according to Jefferies.

Victoria's Secret owner L Brands is breaking its brand image by selling cheap underwear.

Body By Victoria bras, the company's top bra franchise, is now offering a "buy 2 get 1 free" promotion. Its Pink branch, which targets younger women, is running even deeper promotions and just announced $3 panties for members this past weekend. In the eyes of Jefferies analyst Randal Konik, this is a "scary" development.

"Our panty price tracker for over a decade shows this is the lowest ever price point for panties across VS or PINK," Konik wrote in a note out to clients on Monday. "We believe it shows how desperate the company is to drive consumer traffic and also shows how soft demand for PINK has become." 

A 'scary' development is taking place at Victoria's Secret (LB)

”Basically, nobody wants to buy Victoria’s Secret anymore—even on sale.” Vicious :laugh:

It was bound to happen though. They’ve been using the same concept since the 90s at least. Eventually, it’ll start to feel old-fashioned and lose relevance just like the pageant system. If they had been able to produce another supermodel, it would have invigorated things however.

We do not know the debt-to-equity ratio for companies under L. Brand but based on these cuts and the responses from the employees it's not looking too good.

The profit margin may not be as spectacular as they highlighted in their investment reports.......

*starts manifesting new creative director to save the brand and a possible merger and acquisition with another luxury conglomerate*

source.thumb.gif.5cef1c45c6ddd73e15cf20d54112c3a2.gif

Real talk though, their price to quality is pretty crap. Offer bras for bigger chests. By refusing to do so, you lose out on so many women who buy elsewhere. Bring back quality swimwear. Stop make shit pjs. 

Go go back to strong and sexy with great quality for the price paid.

use the show to announce a reinvention idk. 

3 hours ago, Chessie said:

Candice was at the Maroon 5's concert last night. I think they are a huge posibility.

She was there with Behati, it isn't the first time. I do think they are going to be at the show but I won't take that as a hint. Behati seems to always drags Candice there because girlie is always lost af when it comes to the songs.:rofl:

2 hours ago, Corner said:

I’m glad their ship is sinking. If this isn’t a wake up call for them that people are over  their recycled to death gimmicks, idk what is.

I’m starting to think they’re being so secretive this year because they’re ‘rebranding’.

I know Charlotte D’alessio said on her tumblr that this year they were trying out diversity concerning castings, which we could obviously see, but it appears they were vocal about it.

They could be trying to rebrand themselves, but they could also think that all the news coming out made everyone not care to watch the show.