Bellazon

I think Josephine’s walk in the Punk section will be an embarrassing moment for VS like when Julia Stegner walked all hunched over because her wings were too heavy. They should have gone with a tried and true one like Alessandra (or someone like Heidi back in the day.)

6 hours ago, Cute said:

They negotiated Ming being an angel before?

6 hours ago, Nathan4598 said:

there was a first negotiation?

Sigh. I've said this before in the past multiple times, and I'll say it again. Yes, it's a huge yeees.

No one took me seriously when I said VS actually offered Ming an angel contract. The whole thing was kept super hushed that only the China side of social media, Weibo knew. No one believes it because there was no evidence of it happening, but honestly, the best evidence I can give is Jo and Ming's photo in March 2016 when they were promoting UNICEF together. Jo's angel status was announced shortly after and they might have planned to announce Ming at the same too if she signed. The negotiations happened in March 2016 but nothing came out of it because it was rumored that Ming declined the contract due to conflicting schedules with her agency. 

The thing is, I see how much VS loves Ming. Ever since 2015, Ming was steadily taking over Sui's spot as the "famous Asian" in VS and it's pretty obvious with every passing year, she's getting better treatment. This tripping incident might have just pushed Ming back in to that spotlight because everyone's going ngaawwww all over her graceful handling of the incident. So yes, Ming has a shot again if VS wants an Asian angel by this year. Sui felt like a nobody during last night's show, even came across as forgettable for me because none of her outfits or pose actually left an impression. The supposed promotion that they were using Sui for just feels so meh now that I can't see her being an angel UNLESS VS hates Ming for declining the contract. 

As of today evening, Ming's fall in VS is still trending on Weibo and internationally, its starting to pick up the pace. It seems even this evening, lots of people came out to defend Ming from haters because she injured her legs before VS and was receiving treatment in between her preparation for the show. So yes, Ming is still trending greatly and VS has shown they are in love with her, that negotiation will come if VS wants an Asian angel badly. 

Personally speaking, the 2014 show was the last great show they've put together. The 2015 show was really not good with its unoriginal and poorly-executed themes. The 2016 show was a bit better (Bright Lights Angels was actually a very good segment). I'll have to watch this year's show first before I can really judge the show but this year the show reminded me of the Etam show which is a compliment to Etam but not to VS as the VS show must have a much bigger budget than the Etam show but quality-wise it looked similar. And Olivier had a super duper opportunity when VS gave him a whole segment to design outfits for and he messed up the opportunity. The outfits don't catch the VS aesthetics at all. The outfits are not outstanding. Too ordinary. 

Thank you for the video, @Fashionsketcher!

Candice is giving me Gisele vibes with looking down at the runway! A great opening, I don’t understand the criticism.

Love Ale and Lily together.

Bella has a great outfit that fits her, body on point. I like the swagger in her walk.

Jasmine seems to be the forgotten Angel this year.

11 minutes ago, Fashionsketcher said:

I don't Know if this was Already Posted, the Video Preview of the show 

ok... now it really looks like a Etam show to me. The little footage of "Nomadic Adventure" gave me the only typical VS vibe. The catchy music by Miguel, the setting with the pillars, Adriana's walk (not pose, just walk). God, what a mess. I hate it when the wrong people get to design such a big show. They should appreciate their job more. I read several comments asking did really no one saw the mess that they were putting together.... maybe they were, but it would have been too late to throw everything over board and start from scratch and they were most definitely not going to call off the show.... or they were seriously under the impression that their designs were amazing. well well well.