Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Wait you guys think the outfits weren't also properly showcased? :laugh: I love you guys. I for one think the outfits were showcased more than the models themselves sometimes the camera focused on the outfits more than the girls wearing it but what do I know, right?

Gosh I now see what you guys were complaining about Karlie, she looked so attention starved like she would be reduced to nothing if she didn't get Taylor's attention.

The camera must have hated Stella, they only showed her when she was at the end of the runway both times...they did her wrong more than any other girl, even though I thought she was a little pretentious. Ha. Another part that got me was when Karlie closed DA and Taylor continued singing, there was this guy in the audience that looked at Taylor for a second and looked at the other side kinda hoping another model would come out.

I agree with whoever said the show isn't as sexy any more, but I think that is on purpose. GA and AB were sexy imo. Pink of course wouldn't know sexy if it hit it in the face. ET had a simplicity to it that I liked. It wasn't playful neither was it sexy. Loved Eniko there. Shanina's walk was damn sexy there. The fairy segment was beautiful more than sexy but Candice and a few others brought the sexy to keep in balanced. Tbh, I wouldn't be interested in the show as I am now if they don't cut down on the perfomers in the next years, it's actually even a waste of money and the segments feel so crowded. And for someone who can't dance, Taylor sure knows how to get it the way of the models. Even Ariana who attempted to dance and brought all dancers did a better job of staying out of the models' ways.

Candice was so good this year. I have noticed that since 2008 Candice always shines the most in the even years and is lackluster in the odd years.

Her best years body, walk, outfits wise have been 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2014. And she was underwhelming in 2009, 2011 and 2013. Two of those she opened. Her open for fairy tale was the best walk I think. She really killed it had the most power and energy I've seen her have when opening. Keep it that way Candice.

2012 was the first show that they started featuring performers in practically every segment. I wish it could go back to how it was before.

Honestly, this year would have been fine if it was just Taylor and Ariana. I don't care when PINK has a performer because the segment is a mess usually anyway. They should limit the mainline segment to only 1-2 max with performers.

Thanks so much PC! :hug:

First time watching the whole show. It wasn't that bad. The runway this year was great, loved Gilded Angels and Behati's opening too. Angel Ball was definately my favourite segment. :heart:  All of the outfits were very sexy and you know actual lingerie. Focus on that VS.

What really annoyed me this time was Taylor's obvious lipsynching. Horrible. :ninja: Plus standing in the way of the models AGAIN?

Girls that impressed me this time (apart from the angels): Cindy Bruna, Sara Sampaio, Maria Borges (bringing the attitude (Y) ), Sigrid Agren (finally coming out of her shell), Joan Smalls, Constance Jablonski, Magda Frackowiak and Kate Grigorieva.

Pink Girls were awesome this year. All of them. But I especially loved Bregje Heinen, Imaan Hammam, Ming Xi and Monika Jagaciak. Enjoyed the whole Ariana Grande performance, too. Atleast it was an energetic segment. :yes:

Fairy Tail was good. Loved Hozier and the girls seemed to enjoy the music, too. Outfits were beautiful. Exotic traveler unfortunately was very messy, a lot of the oufits were too much. Ed Sheeran was great though, so were Adriana & Ale. :wub:

Didn't mind seeing Caleb in the audience, either. Looking very handsome and classy as usual when he's there (ahem Adam?). :hehe:

Thank you to everyone for updating all the madness or commenting. See you next year. :grouphug:

I really like Lindsay, I love her screen presence, she is very charismatic!

I think that Cindy is such a beaty and angel material, I think VS needs an asian angel, but Sui seems too shy to be in that place  :mellow:

fingers crossed for Cindy! I also think that Jasmine is such a babe, is she a good "spoke model"?

Are Jasmine, Martha and Lais angels now?

For Asian angel, Ming Xi (VS Pink spokesperson)?

I know this is so un VS related but please everyone send all your love and prayers to us here in Australia and in Sydney. Hostage situation in the heart of the city. Up to 20 people held hostage by 2 gunmen and it is being treated as a terrorist attack. Please please send prayers.

Another part that got me was when Karlie closed DA and Taylor continued singing, there was this guy in the audience that looked at Taylor for a second and looked at the other side kinda hoping another model would come out.

If I'm remembering that part correctly, that was Caleb Followill which makes it even funnier since Lily is BFFs with Taylor.  :laugh:

Edit: Just read about the situation in Sydney, absolutely terrifying. My thoughts are with everyone there.

I know this is so un VS related but please everyone send all your love and prayers to us here in Australia and in Sydney. Hostage situation in the heart of the city. Up to 20 people held hostage by 2 gunmen and it is being treated as a terrorist attack. Please please send prayers.

It's all over the news here :no:

Hope everyone gets to go back home safe and sound, what an awful situation.

My Prayers goes out for the safety and well being of all the hostages, but I think this incident will have far reaching repercussions for the Australian public. I fear more anti-terror legislative steps (like the one in October)will be undertaken which, instead of banning a fuckin MYRIAD of religious groups with obvious ties to terrorist/jihadi organizations , will end up subverting freedom of expression as such. Already, the proposed bill , if successful, deems it an offense to use 'language prejudicing the international relations of Australia'.

Also, I pray the upcoming World Cup is not plagued by any incident of this sort, but I'm afraid we are going into an era where any cosmopolitan event may be a prime target for terrorism.

Just my 2c

Just letting you all know the siege has ended. Five hostages had escaped earlier in the afternoon but around 2:03am, one man ran free before several others ran free soon after. Police stormed in, gun fire. People injured, two confirmed dead; they believe the man taking people hostage is one of the dead. 

Quite scary especially watching the gun fire live on TV, this doesn't happen in Australia. 

Thanks for thinking of us.  :flower:

Ok so the show is being broadcasted in a few hours here in the Netherlands. I already saw it on the VS website, but now get to see it in HD. Don''t know why I'll be watching, bc I hated the show. 

Whats more tragic is that the Dutch public has only recently got to known the VSFS b/c Doutzen became more famous only the last few years and the show was only broadcasted since 2010. It's a shame the Dutch public doesn't know how amazing the shows before 2009 were. They only know the vulgar, cheap, low quallity it is now.