Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Ok so the show is being broadcasted in a few hours here in the Netherlands. I already saw it on the VS website, but now get to see it in HD. Don''t know why I'll be watching, bc I hated the show. 

Whats more tragic is that the Dutch public has only recently got to known the VSFS b/c Doutzen became more famous only the last few years and the show was only broadcasted since 2010. It's a shame the Dutch public doesn't know how amazing the shows before 2009 were. They only know the vulgar, cheap, low quallity it is now. 

I watched it with my mother. And she totally agrees on there was to much emphasis on the singers, esp. Taylor Swift, my mother also hates her. She also said you could hardly see the outfits and the models and the whole show was too rushed.

maybe this was already posted but couldn't see it , anyone know what music's they play in the gilded angels ?

The song for Gilded Angels is a mashup of these four songs:

Afrika Bambaataa - Just Get Up and Dance 

Bob Seger - Hollywood Nights 

T. Rex - Bang a Gong (Get It On) 

Transvision Vamp - I Want Your Love

I saw on instagram that the 2014 fashion show outfits are already displayed in the windows of the Bond Street store.

They started being displayed the day after the show. An employee posted a photo on IG.

My thoughts, for what theyre worth: I agree that there was too much focus on performers. I would prefer to see each model's entire walk and have longer to ooh & ahh, rather than weird editing & quick shots (which gave me a headache!). Also, all of the interaction between models & Taylor Swift on the runway was so unflattering & unprofessional & it was actually so distracting as well. In previous years when they first started doing it here & there, it was somewhat cute. But it seemed like all of them HAD to make sure they gave her an awkward hand touch. Next year execs should be stricter & make the models be more professional, or at least playful in a less annoying way. They also couldnt stop singing along to the songs as they walked. Since when does a catwalk model lipsync while she walks?! The Adri & Ale segment was sweet. I will still always watch & enjoy the show overall but I haven't been a fan of the shows evolution..

<3

My thoughts, for what theyre worth: I agree that there was too much focus on performers. I would prefer to see each model's entire walk and have longer to ooh & ahh, rather than weird editing & quick shots (which gave me a headache!). Also, all of the interaction between models & Taylor Swift on the runway was so unflattering & unprofessional & it was actually so distracting as well. In previous years when they first started doing it here & there, it was somewhat cute. But it seemed like all of them HAD to make sure they gave her an awkward hand touch. Next year execs should be stricter & make the models be more professional, or at least playful in a less annoying way. They also couldnt stop singing along to the songs as they walked. Since when does a catwalk model lipsync while she walks?! The Adri & Ale segment was sweet. I will still always watch & enjoy the show overall but I haven't been a fan of the shows evolution..

<3

EXACTLY  :PinkCouture2:  :PinkCouture2:  :PinkCouture2:  :PinkCouture2:

Her pose was cut short too.

I actually liked Exotic traveler. Would have been better with a different segment name due to the song and many of the outfits, but the girls walking that segment were all pretty special.

Maybe i liked it because it didnt have too much Taylor.. and you were able to see quite a few of the outfits.

I cringed when Lais walked and sang along to Ed Sheeran, especially with those arm gestures.

Totally agreed !!! Her facial expression when she sang is so unflattering. Either stop singing or learn from Devon Windsor on how to do it right. Loved it when Windsor was singing to Hozier's song

Secondly, many models, up close, are not actually hot. I know that sounds crazy. But in person, a lot of the VS models were more freakish than sexy. [Ed. note: We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Seth.] I am an average-sized fellow, so they all loomed over me in an intimidating fashion. Their limbs were like toothpicks, seemingly in danger of snapping at any given moment. They moved like gangly baby horses that were too leggy for their own bodies. And while some of these ladies indeed had lovely faces, many among them had mugs of such extreme angles and proportions that they ceased to be attractive — cheekbones cantilevering so far afield that they almost seemed like face-wings. I shudder picturing it now. I’m more attracted to regular, cute gals who are 5’4” and have round, apple cheeks. Somehow, under the lights and in front of the camera, it all works for the supermodels. But up close, under flourescents, not so much.

Salty that none of them wanted to sleep with you, bruh?

I kinda totally agree with this dude to be honest.

I wouldnt say these models arent hot, but too too much emaciated.

I happen to agree with you, too. When I met Alessandra, Miranda, and Lily I was perplexed by how different they look in person.

I'm not saying they looked bad because they are beyond gorgeous, but they are really thin and fragile (not in a negative way).

I was used to seeing them in photos and videos all the time, but once I saw them in the flesh it was completely different.

I suppose that is why they are models. And having worked in photography and video, the camera does at weight,

so imagine shedding off those "extra" lbs/kgs off the model when they appear on tv or such. And there are models who

get airbrushed down to the bone as well, so you can just imagine.

I think we're forgetting the girls were jet-lagged and probably tired from the constant press they're doing. Also everyone knows that the VS show is like the Superbowl for models: they train like crazy before the show (look at Adriana) so they can give a good impression and let's face it, it's their job. It's not like in the early 2000s when the whole natural glamazon trend reigned and VS wasn't so influential in a model's career like it is now. I'm pretty sure  this guy would have complained the girls would be unapproachable if he met the girls from the early 2000s shows.

I kinda totally agree with this dude to be honest.

I wouldnt say these models arent hot, but too too much emaciated.

I happen to agree with you, too. When I met Alessandra, Miranda, and Lily I was perplexed by how different they look in person.

I'm not saying they looked bad because they are beyond gorgeous, but they are really thin and fragile (not in a negative way).

I was used to seeing them in photos and videos all the time, but once I saw them in the flesh it was completely different.

I suppose that is why they are models. And having worked in photography and video, the camera does at weight,

so imagine shedding off those "extra" lbs/kgs off the model when they appear on tv or such. And there are models who

get airbrushed down to the bone as well, so you can just imagine.

My husband +1's you guys. He's seen a couple of the models up close in the past due to his job and was shocked at the actual (lack of) tits and ass (he doesn't like false advertising) + odd faces. Oh and add the only beautiful one he's had the pleasure of looking at was Adriana... in his words... "Damn"