Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Each truly successful model they've had wasn't "made" in the catalog. It's the girls on the runway that have that moment. Hit that stride, nail that turn. They temporarily blow up the Internet with the rush of "who's that girl!?"

Gisele had the walk that made everyone stare. Tyra had the personality that made her a star. Adriana had it in Cannes when she hit the end of the runway and turned with that super sultry look. Alessandra had it when she walked out in 2003 with the thigh high metal boots, and further solidified it in 2005 with her sexy Santa.  Miranda and her 2006 white outfit with the little mittens. there was a rash of people questioning who she was. She was super cute. Candice, hit it with her sexy snow bunny outfit in 2007. Everyone wanted to know who she was.

Doutzen, never hit that stride, Izabel never did, Selita never did. Even Rosie, in her transition from model to actress back to model, never had a wow moment. Girls like Lindsay, Erin, Lily, Karlie haven't hit that moment. They're beautiful women, cute girls, have great spokesmodel abilities, but they haven't sparked any collective interest on a massive scale.

Don't look at the catalog girls, they're a dime a dozen. I mean, the next Adriana, Tyra or Gisele may come from catalog, but she'll have her moment on the runway, when a massive audience collectively sits back and asks who, while simultaneously saying wow.

+1

Candi's "who's that girl moment" was really the last time it happened. However, not all of the little moments that get your attention lead to a jump in status for the model.

e.g. Lindsay Frimodts booty shake is what I remember most from VSFS 2003, but was she even in another VSFS after that?

post-186-0-1446074127-60969_thumb.gif

I think they had in mind they wanted Karlie to be an angel already in 2011 so they gave her three outfits at her first show and all that big deal of an intro and she even closed the show. Maybe they were trying to make the "it moment" for her themselves but I have to be honest I kinda feel what you said about the fact the Candice was the last one giving that power feeling.

By the way, I had that feeling when I first saw Elsa in pink. She just shined and she keeps doing it.

I think they had in mind they wanted Karlie to be an angel already in 2011 so they gave her three outfits at her first show and all that big deal of an intro and she even closed the show. Maybe they were trying to make the "it moment" for her themselves but I have to be honest I kinda feel what you said about the fact the Candice was the last one giving that power feeling.

By the way, I had that feeling when I first saw Elsa in pink. She just shined and she keeps doing it.

You can't really make that stuff happen, which is part of the problem. Another such moment was KKs "airheel" when she lost a shoe. Though by then she was probably already the main attraction.

I don't necessarily think it's just the moment that counts. Some girls just have that "it" factor. Like pheno mentioned. Gisele, Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda and Candice all had the moment but they all also have that it factor. That's why they became so popular, so quick. Miranda and Candice were made Angels not too long after they started with VS. Miranda honestly had the opportunity to really become the next Gisele when it came to VS. But after 2010 she lost interest in VS. Candice has a lot of fans. People who don't follow VS that I know all love Candice. But she has become overused in VS. Out of the rest of the Angels there isn't anyone who has that wow factor. I love Karlie and Lily but I don't think they will become the big VS star. A big issue is that no matter what if Adriana is there, no one will take that spot. I don't think VS can create those kind of girls anymore. Not like they used to.

Well part of the problem is that the likes of Tyra, Heidi, Pestova, Casta, Gisele ... had big, pre-existing careers before they landed their VS deals. VS seems more inclined to "creating" their own high-profile girls nowadays, which isn't necessarily an easy thing to do.

Objectively speaking, Karlie is a very pretty girl but I find her so incredibly boring. It's not so much about the looks as it is about the personality. Whatever else people might think about Cara, at least her quirkiness gives her an edge. I compared Karlie to a Stepford wife after last years VSFS and even though it was meant as a joke, it held a kernel of truth in that she might as well have been made in a VS Angel factory.

CW6H2J2.jpg

:ninja:  :ninja:  :ninja:

Is this the official line up? if so then is Karlie opening?  :clap:

It's the official casting board they have in the fitting studio; right next to the panel with the girls and outfits.

Yes, this seems like the final one, like Bryan told. It'r true because it's Bryan and also you can see that in the video there's a gap between Magdalena which in the same line with the other angels & Natasha who didn't need to do the casting (that'll includes Isabeli too) that I believe are the earliest to be confirmed, but in the latest pic by Bryan shows all the pics has been put altogether neatly.

Well thank you Bryan! Now I'm in my happiest condition to see Natasha is really on the final line up!  :ddr: :ddr: :ddr:

How about a little humor to break things up. Little guy almost had it

Thanks! All this ethnic/racial debate is getting old.

Ikr, don't be old-fashioned, I don't give any fuck about the race @ ethnic @ even religion of the models. Really. I'd be happy as long as the're enough darker skinned models & (east) asian models in the show which I think 1/3 from total casting seems reasonable & convincing enough to be presented to the general audience.