Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Each truly successful model they've had wasn't "made" in the catalog. It's the girls on the runway that have that moment. Hit that stride, nail that turn. They temporarily blow up the Internet with the rush of "who's that girl!?"

Gisele had the walk that made everyone stare. Tyra had the personality that made her a star. Adriana had it in Cannes when she hit the end of the runway and turned with that super sultry look. Alessandra had it when she walked out in 2003 with the thigh high metal boots, and further solidified it in 2005 has a sexy Santa.  Miranda and her 2006 white outfit with the little mittens. there was a rash of people questioning who she was. She was super cute. Candice, hit it with her sexy snow bunny outfit in 2007. Everyone wanted to know who she was.

Doutzen, never hit that stride, Izabel never did, Selita never did. Even Rosie, in her transition from model to actress back to model, never had a wow moment. Girls like Lindsay, Erin, Lily, Karlie haven't hit that moment. They're beautiful women, cute girls, have great spokesmodel abilities, but they haven't sparked any collective interest on a massive scale.

Don't look at the catalog girls, they're a dime a dozen. I mean, the next Adriana, Tyra or Gisele may come from catalog, but she'll have her moment on the runway, when a massive audience collectively sits back and asks who, while simultaneously saying wow.

One billion % agree

If they don't have that wow moment on the runway, then chances are they're just another model who will fade into VS obscurity over time. A star is born, not made via VS's best intentions.

You are so right pheno. I think it's harder and harder for a girl to hit that on the runway now. Because the show isn't what it was even back in 07. Like you said Candice was the last one to really have that moment. And she is the only recent girl to have that too, out of their Angels.

1. How long should a VS Angel/Supermodel remain with the brand before they leave for greener pastures?
Well definetly depends on the model. If they got it and have ventures outside of the company, I'd say about two contracts worth. Honestly, IMO Adriana doesn't have what Gisele, Heidi, Tyra and even Miranda has. At least at a business level. While Adriana is a very well known model and the most recognizable face of VS she hasn't really branded herself outside of VS too much. Same with Ale. Interestingly enough though girls like Gisele, who was with VS for (5 years?) was able to keep up with the angel contract, be VS's top model, and also continued to work outside of VS constantly. The only current angels I would say who are doing that the best are Karlie and doutzen.

2. How many Angels should there be in total? There is currently 8-9?
The number its at is about good :)

3. How many years should a model be able to walk the VSFS before they can no longer. New blood is always nice.
Well I guess it depends again. Hell Gisele STILL would look banging on that runway if she was still with them :hehe: So no age limit. As long as the models are still relevant. A nice balance in the casting like now is nice though :yes:

4. How long should the PINK spokesmodel remain in PINK before she's either fired, or moved to mainline?

I would say 2 years min. By building the girl up in Pink it already creates a base for her to move up, and allows the fans and people who buy PINK products to move up with her. 

I'm going to legit cry if Natasha ends up not being in the show and we were fooling ourselves this whole time. I want Poly back soo bad, ever since 2006!!

Anyway, here are my answers:

1. How long should a VS Angel/Supermodel remain with the brand before they leave for greener pastures?

I think 5-7 years is a good time span for a decent angel, and then double that (10+ years) for and IT girl (Adriana, Tyra, Gisele, Heidi etc). There should always be a few IT-girls and regular girls mixed in.

2. How many Angels should there be in total? There is currently 8-9?

They need less angels. Quality over quantity. I think 6 would be a great number, just like in the 2006 show. That would give each girl adequate attention, and would make sure that they are all used properly. With too many girls, a few end up not doing much (like Lindsay) and the entire notion of being and angel loses its prestige. They need more well-rounded models too, models that can cover most bases, such as runway, catalogue, spokesmodel, commercial, and social media/awareness; this would be better than one model that is very good at each thing. Think about models like Gisele, Adriana, Doutzen, Karolina, who are good at all those things!

3. How many years should a model be able to walk the VSFS before they can no longer. New blood is always nice.

For angels, I would say 10 years (including the years they were non angels). For regular models, 5 years is a good time span to run their course, and maybe a few additional shows after they stop. Anything more is overkill (*ahem, Izabel Goulart). But I would love it if in each show, they bring back a select 2-3 'golden oldies' girls. For example, Poly being casted in the show this year would be a golden oldie. Same with Carmen Kass in 2008. I would love it if they bring back Winberg or Stegner as golden oldies. Same with Caroline Trentini or Andi Muise.

4. How long should the PINK spokesmodel remain in PINK before she's either fired, or moved to mainline?

I would say  roughly 2 years. I also don't think the girl should 'automatically' be moved to mainline. If she's great for mainline (like Elsa) go right ahead, but if not, she should just leave IMO (like Chanel should have, instead of going to mainline).

Lemme hear the video

Basically she says she was shocked because she got invited to the cast because she's been only modeling for a year, she had two castings: first one was massive and then the call backs, then she mentions that the outfits are obviously just for the show and no one actually wears that in RL, she didn't say anything else about VS.

Also, she was discovered in the subway, she was hangover with her boyfriend and the agent approached her :rofl:

If anyone's interested in hearing Blanca Padilla talking. She was on a Spanish radio station two days ago (this is just part of it btw). Can someone say what exactly she's saying about those castings? Clau, tiika... anyone? :hehe:

She basically says this has come too quick for her, in just 1 year she´s being building up a big modeling carrer. They ask her measurements and about the castings, she states she had to go to two castings, the first of all was really massive but the second one was really selective in terms of girls. thats it, hope it helps :) oh and well... her modeling carrer started when she was with her boyfriend hangovered, and a guy checked her! hahaha, for her the worst thing about modeling is the way she has to eat and the jet lag, poor Blanca hahahaha