Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

1. How long should a VS Angel/Supermodel remain with the brand before they leave for greener pastures?

4-6 years tops, preferably 4-5 especially considering they barely brand the new girls anymore before cycling them out to begin with.

2. How many Angels should there be in total? There is currently 8-9?

6-8, preferably 6, but if they go with the higher number a more diversified cast. not 4 blonds, 3 of which are interchangeable to the general public.

3. How many years should a model be able to walk the VSFS before they can no longer. New blood is always nice.

Again 5 years is a nice number.

4. How long should the PINK spokesmodel remain in PINK before she's either fired, or moved to mainline?

Why should pink girls be transitioned into main line at all? They have separate stores, separate websites. They are initially marketed one way, only to be re-branded into a new image. I get that we have our favorites, and girls like Elsa and what not would be great to see in main line, but it gets a bit old.

If they do transition them 2 years pink, 1 year transition, 2-3 years mainline, then drop them as an angel and look for someone new. This is the age of consumers, and the young people have a spastic attention span. Again they aren't branding these girls like they used to, or maybe the girls aren't making the effort to brand themselves, either way, the only ones who currently having the staying power are Adriana and Alessandra, with the possibly inclusion of Candice, but :sleep: Enough is enough, 10 years is a good long stretch, more then enough time. 

How long should a VS Angel/Supermodel remain with the brand before they leave for greener pastures?
- 4 years normally. 5 years if there's something special about them, i.e your Gisele, Adriana, Tyra's of the bunch.

How many Angels should there be in total? There is currently 8-9?
- 5! Anymore is just too much imo. Commercials go A.D.D worthy, the pictures of each girl are spread out to thinly, and 5 allows each girl to shine in her niche.

How many years should a model be able to walk the VSFS before they can no longer. New blood is always nice.
- 3 years if not an Angel, 5 years if an Angel. WTB new girls to keep it interesting.

How long should the PINK spokesmodel remain in PINK before she's either fired, or moved to mainline?
- 1 year tops, and if they can't transition into mainline, buh byes.

Good questions girly. Here's my answers.

1. How long should a VS Angel/Supermodel remain with the brand before they leave for greener pastures?

I think it depends on the model. Obviously VS like to keep girls around if they are loved. Adriana, Alessandra, Candice etc. I think 5-6 years is a good number for Angels. Keep them through two contracts. Which they did for Miranda. Doutzen also seems to have had her 6 years but it seems VS are keeping her for longer.

8-10 is overkill. I would love 5-6 really good Angels. It's fine that they have some regular girls who they use in commercials and for the show.

3. How many years should a model be able to walk the VSFS before they can no longer. New blood is always nice.

I'm loving a lot of the newbies this year so hopefully those girls get to stick around for a good 5-6 years. But sometimes it's nice to see a regular girl continue to walk the show. Depends on the girl. I could keep Isabeli for more shows but want Izabel to go away now.

4. How long should the PINK spokesmodel remain in PINK before she's either fired, or moved to mainline?

If it's a much younger girl. Like 18 they can keep her for a good 4 years as PINK spokesmodel. Because she is still young. But for someone like Elsa she is already 26 and only now transitioning to mainline. They should have only had her doing it for a year. So if it's an older girl for PINK less time, than someone who is younger.

Depends on the model.. Models who have something special easily 6+. But 10+ years for ANY model is a bit excessive..

6-8. But if 8, definitely less blondes, and more diversity.

5 max. Except for the odd model (Isabeli Fontana)

2 years.

Like Kevork it does vary for the model. If it's someone that does consistent work for the brand (whether it be the VSX range, Beauty, SWIM as their main area), then 6 years is good enough provided the model isn't pregnant (since this just means they barely work for the year so it's basically as if they've done no work). If the models career is dying out too then she's really not got enough star power for the brand.  

6-7 is enough for me, and it should be a good diverse range of Angels. Not the same old cookie cutter blonde. The only woman of colour in the line up right now is Adriana and that's just sad so definitely needs more WOC in the line up. A mix of veteran Angels and newer Angels is good. They should be active too

I'd say 10 shows maximum if you're an Angel (that includes shows walked prior to being an Angel). 2-3 years for regular models if they don't do regular work with the brand throughout the year. 3-5 years for regular models if they do regular work with the brand throughout the year. 

2 years. It's been typical that most girls get promoted whilst they're a PINK spokesgirl to an Angel within 2 years, and it's a suitable enough time to test the waters and see if they're popular and a good representative.

So here's a couple of questions for you all.

1. If we are talking angels, I would say 7-8 years.

Career arc:

• Year 1-2 rookie
  • Year 3 Angel status
  • Year 4-6 Depending on their exposure, they climb the ladder to perhaps become one of the main 2-3 angels
  • Year 7 (possibly 8) They get their last hurrah before leaving the company

2. The current number of Angels is fine

3. Angels should feature most. Regular models who are not elevated to Angel status are swapped out after two, maximum three years. Unless they are fan favorites (in which case they should be elevated to Angel status anyway).

4. Pink model moves up to the main line after maximum two years or leaves

But maybe 5 girls is not suitable anymore. What about those meet & greet events they always do? They would have the same girls there over and over again. Anyway, I wouldn't mind having less angels and that might happen once Lindsay, Adriana & Alessandra leave.

And yeah, 2 years for Pink. That's all about young and fresh faces. No reason for someone to be in Pink longer than that.

It depends of the model, i say five maybe six unless you have a model who just has it like Gisele, Tyra, Heidi, Adriana and becomes the face of the brand and still looks good enough to work it on the fashion show and the big PR, still I would say 10 is the absolute max. IMO Doutzen should have left in 2012 and Adri & Alessandra are long overdue hanging those wings, 15 years is more than enough. Kuddos to Marisa and Erin for leaving in the right moment (Y)

5 or 6. Take a look at the 2006 class, it was pure perfection. But i guess the amount of Angels these days it's because all the girls are pretty lackluster in some area (i.e Candice sucks with PR, Lily is a runway hot mess, Lindsay's catalog work is Zzzz, Karlie doesn't go well with a lot of the audience, etc) and they need more girls to cover all the bases. 

If she's not an Angel 5 years and bye, if she's an Angel then up to 9-10 it's acceptable

One year and I don't think all the girls from PINK should move to mainline. For example I think Chanel should have stayed with PINK and never touch mainline.

So here's a couple of questions for you all.

1. Six, maybe more but only with models of the same status as, say, Adri and Ale, but they don't have them (in terms of new names) so just six.

2. No more than eight, less would be even better.

3. Same as the angels.

4. No more than a couple of years.

I guess it all depends on the model really. Adri, Candi, Ale and Doutzen are still the best they have in terms of looks, presence, and personality. They shine.

ale is looking more like a man now

We get it, you want her out, but there's a difference between having an opinion and just being utterly rude.

Each truly successful model they've had wasn't "made" in the catalog. It's the girls on the runway that have that moment. Hit that stride, nail that turn. They temporarily blow up the Internet with the rush of "who's that girl!?"

Gisele had the walk that made everyone stare. Tyra had the personality that made her a star. Adriana had it in Cannes when she hit the end of the runway and turned with that super sultry look. Alessandra had it when she walked out in 2003 with the thigh high metal boots, and further solidified it in 2005 with her sexy Santa.  Miranda and her 2006 white outfit with the little mittens. there was a rash of people questioning who she was. She was super cute. Candice, hit it with her sexy snow bunny outfit in 2007. Everyone wanted to know who she was.

Doutzen, never hit that stride, Izabel never did, Selita never did. Even Rosie, in her transition from model to actress back to model, never had a wow moment. Girls like Lindsay, Erin, Lily, Karlie haven't hit that moment. They're beautiful women, cute girls, have great spokesmodel abilities, but they haven't sparked any collective interest on a massive scale.

Don't look at the catalog girls, they're a dime a dozen. I mean, the next Adriana, Tyra or Gisele may come from catalog, but she'll have her moment on the runway, when a massive audience collectively sits back and asks who, while simultaneously saying wow.