Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I agree everyone have different opinion about this and it would never end but I don't understand why was Wild Things segment offensive? from my point of view, Emanuela,Lais Selita look exotic, they fit those outfits the most, isn't it right to put them in those outfits than to put Lindsay for for example who simply hasn't got the look for Wild Things? It wouldn't make any sense,I don't see why looking wild and exotic is offensive but whatever. Or what is wrong if VS puts different race girls in Exotic Traveler? if they simply have the look,I just don't get it why is that racist...

A really big problem with the Exotic travelers segment is that exotic is such a racially biased word, and it's almost exclusively used by Western society. To the average white American, Emaneula looks "exotic" but to a black woman, she looks like her mother, or sister, and historically the world exotic has been used by men to fetishizes WOC.

A really big problem with the Exotic travelers segment is that exotic is such a racially biased word, and it's almost exclusively used by Western society. To the average white American, Emaneula looks "exotic" but to a black woman, she looks like her mother, or sister, and historically the world exotic has been used by men to fetishizes WOC.

This sums it up rather well imho.

And yet when I went to  Japan for the first time in high-school I was considered exotic, (and was told so on a very regular basis), being white and having red hair at the time.

As for exotic traveler, the article that came out talking about their inspiration sources stated the segment had Mongolian, Asian and Indian influences, so it's really only exploring one corner of the world. Though even if they only took the colors and shapes that some of their traditional garb has it should translate beautifully.

And yet when I went to  Japan for the first time in high-school I was considered exotic, (and was told so on a very regular basis), being white and having red hair at the time.

I suppose so, a colleague of mine is Dutch and when she spent a year in China shortly after graduating, she attracted a small crowd when she first had her hair cut, since many people had apparently never seen a blonde white woman before.

ahaha thanks, i was bored and i wanted to see the video again and then bam i saw her :rofl:

but i guess saudade is right, i think she doesn't even want to be in the show :/

I dont think its necessarly that shes bitter or that there was a falling out. She just might be busy with her other work or not as interested in walking anymore, as la veronika mentioned.

So for VS, Maud & Sigrid > Edita, Maryna, Nadine, Trentini

Makes perfect sense.

Can't believe they turned down Edita over pale washed up fish-face Maud.

Fish face though? :rofl: I liked Maud in the hf shows that she did. I would replace her with Daria S or Ava Smith if I could.

I'm wishing for Anna Ewers for next year