Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

That grasshopper was huge! :D

Worst refereeing performance I have seen since... I guess WC 2006, the Portugal-Holland game. Only that guy ruined the game by giving out too many fouls. Yesterday was the exact opposite of that.

It's hard not to think that something nefarious was going on to get Brazil in the semis. Perception is reality in these things and it is the job of the governing body to make sure such a perception does not arise.

James will be always in my heart, and for me... he's the best player of this world cup!  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  hope he gets a BIG contract with a BIG team. Just that!

I was gonna go "damn son are you single", but no he's 22 has a wife and a kid. There go my dreams. Back to Neymar I shall frolic. However I can see Real Madrid or an English team go for him. Barca's already picked up Rakitic & Suarez, which were both expensive buys, and RM are their biggest rivals, so they gonna pick up some good ones. I read an article it says for Real Madrid to buy Rodriguez, they'd need to pay 75 million euros (I'm too lazy converting but that's like in the 100's millions in New Zealand), so he's expensive, but I say he's worth it *L'oreal theme tune* 

Was reading more Dailymail articles and they posted a photo of Neymar's injury

post-67297-0-1445995022-87735_thumb.jpg

That is a clean break right there, Zuniga deserves some form of punishment for that. Whether it was intentional or not.

Tonight's referee had what can only be described as an absolute bloody shocker. If he'd booked Fernandinho and Zuniga in the early going, it would have cut out all the kicking and hacking and allowed the game to flow. Instead his leniency was bordering on criminal. When he failed to provide Rodriguez with protection, Colombia were always going to start handing out their own reprisals, and if the result is the loss of Neymar from the tournament then ultimately Brazil will pay as much of a price as the Colombians did on the night. The charged down free kick in the first half was a travesty too.

All of which was a bit of a shame really, because it looked like it had the potential to become one of the great World Cup games. Had Colombia been allowed to play, we would probably have seen more goals, with Brazil veering wildly between panic and brilliance as they responded. As it turned out, it was tense and enjoyable, but rather disjointed.

Despite their obvious shortcomings, Brazil just keep on keeping on, although whether they'll be doing it for much longer remains to be seen. Hulk, Fred and Jo vs Germany? Oh dear... :pinch:

Poor Neymar :(

Yeah, it's gonna be a tough one for Brazil. Can't say anything about the refereeing I was almost asleep during the first half and went to be before the 2nd one, but from what I am reading online, everyone seems to be pissed off.

So far I like best Howard Webb, he is my fave. Also, the Uzbek ref is good.

On 05/07/2014 at 0:47 PM, Michael* said:

Tonight's referee had what can only be described as an absolute bloody shocker. If he'd booked Fernandinho and Zuniga in the early going, it would have cut out all the kicking and hacking and allowed the game to flow. Instead his leniency was bordering on criminal. When he failed to provide Rodriguez with protection, Colombia were always going to start handing out their own reprisals, and if the result is the loss of Neymar from the tournament then ultimately Brazil will pay as much of a price as the Colombians did on the night. The charged down free kick in the first half was a travesty too.

All of which was a bit of a shame really, because it looked like it had the potential to become one of the great World Cup games. Had Colombia been allowed to play, we would probably have seen more goals, with Brazil veering wildly between panic and brilliance as they responded. As it turned out, it was tense and enjoyable, but rather disjointed.

Despite their obvious shortcomings, Brazil just keep on keeping on, although whether they'll be doing it for much longer remains to be seen. Hulk, Fred and Jo vs Germany? Oh dear... :pinch:

This is the best description of the refs, any early enforcement they could have cut the crap out of the match all together, it was poor officiating that allowed the players to get like this.

No T. Silva and Neymar against Germany but atleast they are familiar with most of the German strikers so I am hoping they can still go out and win it all for Neymar.

I truly hope Brazil gets battered by Germany now. Shameful behavior vs. Colombia.

If I had been James Rodriguez and I had been kicked around for ninety minutes, I would have told Luiz and Alves to fuck off after the game.

"Consoling" him after they had spent the entire game trying to injure him.

Now that James Rodriguez is gone, this is my favorite remaining WC protagonist. :D

post-186-0-80139000-1404570064_thumb.jpg

Rodriguez was very mature about the whole situation, I would have been pissed if the refs gave a free pass to anyone booting my shins. It is easy to look like a good sport when your team wins but Rodriguez handled that situation like a champ.

I think (correct me if I am wrong) but that is the last match this ref will be involved in for the tournament.

Rodriguez was very mature about the whole situation, I would have been pissed if the refs gave a free pass to anyone booting my shins. It is easy to look like a good sport when your team wins but Rodriguez handled that situation like a champ.

I think (correct me if I am wrong) but that is the last match this ref will be involved in for the tournament.

Well yeah, but the damage has already been done. Same with Croatia, didn't help them much that the Japanese ref who gave that ghost penalty to Brazil was not awarded another game.

Yeah thats true.

Brazil played the ref when they saw what they could keep doing but he did a horrible job on both sides.

Zuñiga had two plays that I thought deserved a card yet got nothing and one seriously injured Neymar the other could have broken a knee, you know a ref is bad when both sides complain.

Carballo seems to have a pre-planned policy of avoiding all bookings until deep into proceedings (the yellow for the 'Hand of Godin' in the England-Uruguay group game is the only card he's shown in the first hour of any match he's refereed at the tournament), which is almost always a recipe for disaster. Once players sense that they're unlikely to be booked no matter how many fouls they concede, it's never long before chaos breaks out. :no:

I truly hope Brazil gets battered by Germany now. Shameful behavior vs. Colombia.

I would expect Germany to handle a Neymar-less Brazilian attack with, dare I say it, relative ease now. If ever a team were tailor-made to perform amid such a chaotic atmosphere, it's them.

"Sad to see my country's soccer team eliminated because of the bad work of the referees, they made like 7 fouls to James, and then when he made one similar to those the referee gives him a yellow card. TBH that's bullshit, and we all know it. -isn't hate to Brazil, just hate to the referees who were blind when they wanted.

But I'm proud of my team, I'm proud of what they have made... they're out, but they went out with their heads high, playing fair, showing the world that these 16 years out of the World Cup have made us stronger, and that Colombians play good football. I love my country's soccer team, and I wish those men who represented my country all the success in their careers, and see them again in a world cup in 4 years... and with Falcao, to win.  :weightlift:

Sad to hear abour Neymar injury, though, but yes... that's Karma. 

James will be always in my heart, and for me... he's the best player of this world cup!  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  hope he gets a BIG contract with a BIG team. Just that!" - tiika

________________________________________________________________________________________

Well said :yes: and I'm sure we won't have to worry about the big contract with big team part :whistle: