Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

I didn't know past World Cups were part of school History programs.

And I'm sorry jj3 but the analogy with English/Spanish is just terrible, nothing to do with the subject.

I'm not into any "conspiracy theories" either, but the thing is that Brazil has been advancing with the help of the refs since game 1. If Colombia didn't played a good game against Brazil, it may have had a lot to do with the ref allowing Brazil to do over 20 fouls in the first half.

In France, when i was at school, and when we learn the story of Argentina, and the Videla military dictature, yes we spoken of the '78 world cup...

I did this comparison because she was HUGE :D, but i think when we don't respect the History in saying "i was not born at this time there", it's mhmm "special" :D

History is full of conspiracy, and for many of them they are just false, and in many cases, they are used to legitimate our self weakness...

So no, i don't think, for now :D, it exists a conspiracy theory in this WC :D, no evidence in my knowledge ... 

During the 1/4 of France VS Nigeria, Matuidi has broken the ankle of a nigeria's player, and honestly he deserved a red card, and finaly, he even don't had a yellow card :D, conspiracy ?? :D

I actually think Belgium would have been better served by essentially putting eight men behind the ball and deploying Fellaini as an out-and-out target man, rather than starting him in a deeper role and granting him license to roam. When he tried to break forward into the second striker position, De Bruyne was expected to drop back, but he only did it half-heartedly, leaving Witsel isolated against Messi’s runs. A touch of tournament naivety perhaps.

Their goal was created after a turnover in midfield when Kompany tried to carry the ball upfield. The ball then only arrived with Higuain because it was deflected off a defender. Cannot really plan for that part.

Well, we can't be sure it is a conspiracy, but it was the fault of the ref this time... first of all, if you count the number of faults that were commited by Brazil and the fact he didn't count them he was else blind or wanting to help them. Now, even in the goal they eliminated for colombia (the one tht would have help to get a tie in the game, and then an oportunity to win), it wasn't out of possition, clearly, the ball hits a Brazilian player before the Colombian touch it. I don't know... as I said, I can't say FIFA wanted Brazil to win, but for sure the referee did.

So the Dutch won by penalties? Was it at least an interesting match to watch??

The closing stages were insanely gripping, although in truth the first 80 minutes bordered on mind-numbing. Holland played similarly to the way they did against Mexico and relied on a slice of luck at the end, but Van Gaal's gamble in the shoot-out paid off, thus deserving the plaudits. The romantics out there will shed a tear for Costa Rica, who were just a couple of penalties away from becoming the biggest outsiders to ever reach a semi-final.

Thanks! Yes, a smart move by Van Gaal.

Well, we can't be sure it is a conspiracy, but it was the fault of the ref this time... first of all, if you count the number of faults that were commited by Brazil and the fact he didn't count them he was else blind or wanting to help them. Now, even in the goal they eliminated for colombia (the one tht would have help to get a tie in the game, and then an oportunity to win), it wasn't out of possition, clearly, the ball hits a Brazilian player before the Colombian touch it. I don't know... as I said, I can't say FIFA wanted Brazil to win, but for sure the referee did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_mort_l'arbitre  :D

Their goal was created after a turnover in midfield when Kompany tried to carry the ball upfield. The ball then only arrived with Higuain because it was deflected off a defender. Cannot really plan for that part.

True enough, although I do think the system would have given them a better chance of getting back into it after said goal. Argentina have struggled against teams who put two banks of four behind the ball with an ultra-defensive middle two in the areas Messi loves to occupy, and who play directly towards a big man up front - preferably one who can link up with a quick, technically gifted player in behind. Belgium looked to have the perfect group of players to make a decent fist of that, instead Wilmots insisted on trying to play a fluid pressing game, but without the overlapping full backs or the mobile false nine he needed to make it work.

I actually think Argentina played really well yesterday :idk: 

Especially considering Belgium at times had their 11 players defending, not quite as a lame as Iran but Belgium didn't deserve to win at all. You can't compare Argentina to Brasil because unlike Brasil, Argentina has won every single match without referees helping them, Argentina would have advanced anyway but Brasil? Pretty sure they would be out already if it wasn't because of the love they are getting from the referees. Has Argentina been out of this world great? Nope, but let's be honest ... ANY of the teams have been that great, with the exception of Colombia a team that nailed it in every single game but had the bad luck of facing Brasil.

Let's be clear y'all, I want Brasil to lose very badly but truth is, they won't. They will make it to the final because money talks and FIFA knows it, they will find a way to make them beat Germany. 

LOL!

Right, because these are the stats from a game where one side spent 90 minutes defending.

post-18831-0-1445995024-42932_thumb.png

We had more passes in the final third which means we spent more time trying to attack the Argentinian goal than the other way around.

Those are the key words, final third. When they were already desperate for a goal. 

And I'm sorry jj3 but the analogy with English/Spanish is just terrible, nothing to do with the subject.

I'm not into any "conspiracy theories" either, but the thing is that Brazil has been advancing with the help of the refs since game 1. If Colombia didn't played a good game against Brazil, it may have had a lot to do with the ref allowing Brazil to do over 20 fouls in the first half.

This.

I honestly do not see how World Cups have much relevance in world history other than the fact that it gives us great pleasure to watch football :idk:  I think the closest I ever was to having WC in my History program was the fact that Venezuela has never been in the WC lol.

Also is not a secret that with FIFA money does talk ... Like their brilliant to host the 2022 in Qata. As much as I do love my football and I get excited for the WC and all, it's clear that FIFA does whatever they want.

The history of the World Cup is littered with examples of the host nation benefiting from their home advantage in one way or another. Italy did in 1938, England did in 1966, Argentina certainly did in 1978 and even South Korea did in 2002. I believe there's always an element of bias, conscious or not, to favour the hosts. But while Brazil have undoubtedly had more than a fair share of decisions going their way this year, the disallowed goal in the Chile game should really have put paid to any thoughts of widespread conspiracy.

The truth is that the majority of officials are out of their depth in this kind of environment. The weight of expectation is simply more than they can handle, and for the most part, I think they have little choice but to be weak. When they send off star players or even just players from high-profile teams, they’re accused of being heavy-handed and disrupting the game. When they make mistakes, they're not only given a hammering from media, fans and managers alike, they're also not picked to take charge of the semi-finals or final. Referees know it and FIFA makes sure they know it.

I actually think Argentina played really well yesterday :idk: 

Especially considering Belgium at times had their 11 players defending, not quite as a lame as Iran but Belgium didn't deserve to win at all. You can't compare Argentina to Brasil because unlike Brasil, Argentina has won every single match without referees helping them, Argentina would have advanced anyway but Brasil? Pretty sure they would be out already if it wasn't because of the love they are getting from the referees. Has Argentina been out of this world great? Nope, but let's be honest ... ANY of the teams have been that great, with the exception of Colombia a team that nailed it in every single game but had the bad luck of facing Brasil.

Let's be clear y'all, I want Brasil to lose very badly but truth is, they won't. They will make it to the final because money talks and FIFA knows it, they will find a way to make them beat Germany. 

LOL!

Right, because these are the stats from a game where one side spent 90 minutes defending.

post-186-0-1445995024-73667_thumb.png

We had more passes in the final third which means we spent more time trying to attack the Argentinian goal than the other way around.

Those are the key words, final third. When they were already desperate for a goal. 

This.

I honestly do not see how World Cups have much relevance in world history other than the fact that it gives us great pleasure to watch football :idk:  I think the closest I ever was to having WC in my History program was the fact that Venezuela has never been in the WC lol.

Also is not a secret that with FIFA money does talk ... Like their brilliant to host the 2022 in Qata. As much as I do love my football and I get excited for the WC and all, it's clear that FIFA does whatever they want.

Erm... Final third is a spatial indicator. As in, the final third of the pitch. As in, the area nearest to the oppositions goal. It is not the final third of the ninety minutes.

Leaning towards Germany tonight. None of the heavyweights have been consistently eye-catching so far, but I've enjoyed watching them more than Brazil and I think they've had the more difficult route to the semis.

The referee is going to be under intense scrutiny, if the Brazilians try to recreate the roughhousing tactics they used against Colombia, he'll need to keep a lid on things a hell of a lot better than Carballo did. This tournament can do without losing any more good players and no-one wants another disjointed game of incessant stoppages.

Leaning towards Germany tonight. None of the heavyweights have been consistently eye-catching so far, but I've enjoyed watching them more than Brazil and I think they've had the more difficult route to the semis.

The referee is going to be under intense scrutiny, if the Brazilians try to recreate the roughhousing tactics they used against Colombia, he'll need to keep a lid on things a hell of a lot better than Carballo did. This tournament can do without losing any more good players and no-one wants another disjointed game of incessant stoppages.

This!!!!

And yes, I am also going for Germany and yes, it will be tough for them playing against the favorite ones and yet, they should make it through!

Or if Brazil wins, it be better be well deserved!!!

Also, of course Argentina '78 was crooked. It was held in a military dictatorship FFS!

That tournament should have been boycotted by all self-respecting democracies.

Yup. More proof that with FIFA money talks.

The next WC is in Russia, a country where being gay is basically the same as being Satan and with zero respect for human rights and the 2022 will be in Qatar which needs no explanation as to why is an awful idea.

Also Germany raping Brasil. YAAASSS. Sorry Brasil, but referees can't help you in this one :rofl:

4-0 already