Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

Extraordinarily dull for 117 minutes, but luckily for the neutral, the final five had more than enough incident for a whole game. Argentina join the list of high-profile teams at this tournament who have looked distinctly underwhelming in the knockout stages, only to still sneak through. Di Maria was woefully off-kilter until his goal, and Higuain has been as poor as Fred over the four games, if not worse. They'll need to play a hell of a lot better to win it, although it feels like we've said that about everyone except Colombia. Better luck next time to a battling Switzerland side.

If Belgium win tonight, it'll make eight group winners out of eight through to the quarters.

Dual citizenship =4X the pain :pinch: . You all can do the math on that, but it checks out. Though Tim Howard's 16 saves is an all time American record, I would have thought it was 20 :ninja: . Belgium was relentless out there. All that aside, still going to be fun to watch though and I expect it to only get better. 

Y'all have no idea of how LOUD it was here when Argentina scored today :rofl: Here's an audio from the whole city screaming.

The first half from Argentina was weak but the second half? AMAZING, sad that they didn't score because they killed it, Switzerland was lucky to have such a good goalkeeper. But in the end we made it and now we are off to see Belgium.

Sad to see the US go, it was an amazing game and they kept fighting until the last second, it would have been nice to see them advance.

Everyone lost their shit :rofl: It was epic, honestly to me this World Cup has been epic to me because for the first time I get to be (and cheer) in a country where the National Team is playing and it's awesome to see the excitement in the streets and how everyone has so many expectations with the team.

Another incredible game in an incredible World Cup. Only negative is that there are just eight left. The USA should be thanked for making such a great contribution to the tournament, they fought so well that I was having visions of a 'Mighty Ducks' style comeback towards the end. It won't quite make a blockbuster movie this time, but Klinsmann and his team can be immensely proud and prepare for 2018, when they'll undoubtedly be even more dangerous.

For Belgium, yet another substitution by Marc Wilmots proves decisive. Lukaku did more in the thirty minutes of extra time than in his previous two starts, and given that Tintin De Bruyne also had an excellent game, there may be some second thoughts over at Stamford Bridge. The Belgian bench must be one of the most enviable around, they have a full second eleven of players who are almost like for like.

Quarter-finals

France vs Germany

Brazil vs Colombia

Argentina vs Belgium

Holland vs Costa Rica

This is already our second most successful World Cup ever. If we could, by some miracle, defeat Argentina then we would match our best ever showing.

But you won't.

:voodoo:

And if you do I may have an emotional breakdown.

:rofl: 

Oh, and props to tha gif up there :laugh: . Am I the only Germany fan here :ninja: . I don't mean because of their success, but I just like the well-oiled machine. Colombia has been my favorite (to watch) all along though. Well, Mexico on the sidelines and Colombia on the field.