Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

Germany's goal was great.

I like the Us team in the first half more than in the 2nd. I have to say this is the first time I see Americans playing football, and playing against Germany is tough but they did well.

They are much better in defense than in attack though, seems like their attacks are unfinished, passes are not very successful, they need to work on that.

Still, just having 1 goal against a team from Germany's rank for a country that never really cared about football is quite well. 

Cristiano helped too, by scoring the 2nd goal and beating Ghana.:)

So happy that Portugal is out and that Cristiano's ass is out of the World Cup :rofl: I sincerely hope he has to go through all the crap Messi had to face in 2010 when Argentina was eliminated after he won the Ball D'Or  :Angel: 

So far I think it has been a very interesting WC and it feels like literally any team could win this, Germany was my initial favorite but the had a hard time beating US today and they couldn't even beat Ghana so I'm not sure.

The only three teams that advanced with 9 points are Holland, Colombia and Argentina. Holland had a hard group so I say they remain the team to beat so far, I think the Holland-Mexico match will be really really interesting. Oh & Belgium but I didn't any of their games, it was too much of a boring group so IDK

Well done Belgium. Nine points out of nine in their group, can't say fairer than that. They're not firing on all cylinders as yet, but it's going to take a good team to beat them. They've a spider-like goalie in Courtois and a very solid defence, who restricted the Koreans to relatively few openings. Young Origi looks a real prospect too.

Inspirational stuff from Algeria's 'Desert Foxes', an outstanding achievement to reach the second round for the first time in their history. I think they'll be a sterner test for Germany than Russia would have been. The Russians at least had a go tonight, but Capello being Capello, left it too late. It was a group they should have been able to get out of.

Won't know what to do with myself tomorrow. Hopefully Wimbledon will help keep the shivers, shakes and sweats of World Cup withdrawal at bay. :chicken:

Round of 16
Brazil vs Chile
Colombia vs Uruguay
Holland vs Mexico
Costa Rica vs Greece
France vs Nigeria
Germany vs Algeria
Argentina vs Switzerland
Belgium vs USA

Round of 16

Brazil vs Chile

Colombia vs Uruguay

Holland vs Mexico

Costa Rica vs Greece

France vs Nigeria

Germany vs Algeria

Argentina vs Switzerland

Belgium vs USA

I can't help but find it funny that all the teams on the left hand side are the ones that will probably win (except for the Belgium USA one, that could go eitherway)

I can't help but find it funny that all the teams on the left hand side are the ones that will probably win (except for the Belgium USA one, that could go eitherway)

Yeah, all the teams on the left won their respective groups and thus, received favourable draws.

My own two 'hardest to predict' games would have to be Greece and Costa Rica, who on paper look pretty evenly matched (although Costa Rica have been much better so far at this tournament) and Brazil and Chile. I think the Rebel Alliance are capable of beating the Empire. :laugh:

Apparently, Luis Suarez has been banned by FIFA for nine international matches and from 'any football-related activity' for the next four months. The Uruguayan FA are planning to appeal, although they'll probably need to do a bit better than claiming Chiellini’s bitemarks were Photoshopped, as they did yesterday. :cain:

I think it's the disproportionate punishment to act he did. Of Course his conduct was against with fairplay rules. It was may be stupid, aggressive. I have no words to call it. But there were other players who act unfair on the pitch. Who were brutal. Zidane hit Materazzi with a head and he was only given a fine.

The FIFA should punish Luis Suarez. He should be banned on tournament. Also the fine is understandable. Still I don't understand why he can't train. Why he can't play in Liverpool. Exaggeration

The FIFA should punish Luis Suarez.

FIFA put hard ,deserved punishment yesterday on Suarez,they decided  to ban Suarez after evidences (videos,and such stuff) from their match against Italy.

He won't play again in this CUP,he's banned also from any activity relating to football for the coming four months,till November specifically.

Funny that some English journals asked he should be put in a Psych ward TO examine his mental health.

Apparently, Luis Suarez has been banned by FIFA for nine international matches and from 'any football-related activity' for the next four months. The Uruguayan FA are planning to appeal, although they'll probably need to do a bit better than claiming Chiellini’s bitemarks were Photoshopped, as they did yesterday. :cain:

I think it's the disproportionate punishment to act he did. Of Course his conduct was against with fairplay rules. It was may be stupid, aggressive. I have no words to call it. But there were other players who act unfair on the pitch. Who were brutal. Zidane hit Materazzi with a head and he was only given a fine.

The FIFA should punish Luis Suarez. He should be banned on tournament. Also the fine is understandable. Still I don't understand why he can't train. Why he can't play in Liverpool. Exaggeration

I'm not FIFA's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel like they deserve some recognition for the way this matter has been dealt with. They moved swiftly and decisively and, given that Suarez is a repeat offender (he's now bitten three different opponents in four years), a heavy punishment was the only realistic outcome. It may have helped his case if the Uruguayan FA had shown some contrition for his actions, but they were seemingly too busy pointing to a Brazilian, Italian and British conspiracy. Deluded is not the word. As for Liverpool, I do have a bit of sympathy for them. Since they weren't represented at the hearing, I would expect them to make some sort of appeal.

Strange thing is, that same uncontrollable red mist is almost certainly what makes Suarez such a talented player, all his greatest attributes, his speed of thought, anticipation and determination appear to be fuelled by the same demons. If the strengths and weaknesses in his character are so interlinked, I'm not sure any amount of reformation could curb his temperament without sacrificing his performance.

Round of 16

Brazil vs Chile

Colombia vs Uruguay

Holland vs Mexico

Costa Rica vs Greece

France vs Nigeria

Germany vs Algeria

Argentina vs Switzerland

Belgium vs USA

I don't think Brasil will win, at least not if the match is fair.

They needed the referee's help to beat Croatia, they couldn't beat Mexico either ... Chile smashed Spain and Australia and did an amazing job against Holland too even if they lost. Brasil's collective game truly and utterly sucks, all they have is Neymar and I don't think that boy will be able to handle all of Chile himself. That being said, the referee's have been kissing Brasil's ass a lot so far so Chile will need to work really hard for the win because Brasil is basically playing with 12.

I'm also not sure Belgium is going to beat US, I just saw some bits of their matches and they are not that great, I think US has better odds of winning but we'll see. That's the one I'm the most unsure about but I think US will win like 1-0.

I think the teams going to the Round of  8 will be: Chile, Colombia, Holland, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Argentina and USA

FIFA put hard ,deserved punishment yesterday on Suarez,they decided  to ban Suarez after evidences (videos,and such stuff) from their match against Italy.

He won't play again in this CUP,he's banned also from any activity relating to football for the coming four months,till November specifically.

Funny that some English journals asked he should be put in a Psych ward TO examine his mental health.

And he was fined too, with 111 thousand dollars.

Agree about Brazil' all they have is Neymar, like Portugal only has cristiano, one man doesn't make the game. Its a collective play, Thays why I think that the teams with best collective play will advance like Holland and Germany. This isn't a one man show.

I think it would be good for him if the psychologist run him the test. It looks like Suarez has problem with control of emotion, and this behaviour is sort of reflex action,  than intentional behavior.

I wish him the best. He didn't harm anyone. I don't remember the name of italian soccer player who got injury just before the World Cup. I'm pretty sure if we asked him he would took Suarez bite instead of broken leg ;)