Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

Oh my God ,really another frustrating result, :hehe: when I was waiting for a win for England,Urugay surprised us with a second winning and doubtful goal,it is so much suspected to be infiltration.If so,then it's very unfair if England to go out. :whistle:

Strong performance from both teams,but England was better in most times of the match,specially the 2nd half,Rooney is in very good form,the English team as a whole is better than many times before.

yes, amazing second half i also wished Ivory won, I really like Drogba but he didnt score :(

CDI shouldn't have let that 2nd goal happen. Colombians werent the better team they were just lucky.

I'm off to bed, England seems boring so far.

Another unlucky ones. :(

And you missed a really exciting game , ;)  the 2nd half was really very exciting and strong from both teams. :)

The latest in a long line of miserable failures by England's senior players to stand up and be counted at a major international tournament. So devoid of leadership, so out of sorts, so incapable of reproducing club form at the highest level. It's beginning to grow very tiresome indeed.

England aren't mathematically out yet though are they? I mean, it'll take a miracle, but I just heard on the TV that they could get through if a sequence of other things happen. I haven't actually had a chance to sit down and work it out yet though.

Basically England needs Costa Rica and Uruguay to lose to Italy and they need to make up the goal differential (currently at 3) to leapfrog Costa Rica into 2nd place.  Obviously they will need to win against Costa Rica as well.

Yeah, Italy need to win both of their next two games, and England needs to beat Costa Rica by at least 2 goals. They also have another chance to get through if they don't beat Costa Rica by 2 - Italy needs to beat Costa Rica by 3.

I think that's correct - please correct me if I've gotten something wrong or there's another way that I've missed.

England aren't mathematically out yet though are they? I mean, it'll take a miracle, but I just heard on the TV that they could get through if a sequence of other things happen. I haven't actually had a chance to sit down and work it out yet though.

Based on FiveThirtyEight.com's projections, they currently have a 3.5% chance at making the second round. So not exactly "no chance", but I wouldn't bet the house on them making it.

Hmm, I say the big players need to go home. Somehow I want an unexpected winner or one, who has fought hard all the way and deserves the right to win. Si far I like what the Dutch and the Germans are showing, but I'm open to see an underestimated team to win.

England? I'm bored with them , Rooney is really getting on my nerves. I was very supportive of Brazil prior to their first game, but when I saw how much the refs are favoring them, I changed my mind.

The South american teams are showing great football, like Chilli, Mexico and others.

Well Brazil getting favorable refs is the least surprising thing ever. But even I was surprised at that blatant non-penalty they got awarded vs. Croatia.

I keep trying to explain that to my friends that have magically gotten into FIFA at lunchtime. They still were like "Brazil would have won anyways, that penalty was fair".

Dear God give me the strength not to rip out someone's hair. 

I was watching the movie Rat Race and one of the character's said "Even Stevie Wonder could have done a better job reffing that game", I guess you could apply that here.

Can we all talk about how much Neymar cried in the Mexico game? If his own teammate hugged him or high fived him he'd cry and beg for a penalty. Playing dirty in my opinion. 

Go to HELL Italy, :mad: you desreved to lose. (N)

Yes,we all know we have good,legendary defence and goalkeeper,but really go to hell with your defence and your goalkeeper. :girlbanghead:

Scandalous,disastrous disability of scoring,of even reaching the goal area.Sometimes I felt Italian players were playing for Costa Rica,they passed the ball  many times for Costa Riccan players,not for their friends,so lack of focusing,short and long aimless kicks.

And Costa Rica,didn't deserve to win too,it's only the disastrous performance of Italy which led to their win.

Somewhat inevitably, we’ve been sent packing. Costa Rica are a testament to the power of team spirit, they produced a wonderful fighting performance to beat Italy and fully deserve to go through. The Italians were rotten, but of course will still have a chance to redeem themselves against Uruguay, in what should be a cracking final group game.

As annoying as Uruguay can be (which is obviously not as annoying as England :angry:), they were stronger and wanted it more than us. Granted, they had the brilliance of Suarez on their side, but it was their desire and readiness to get tough that got them through. I think we'll be needing to take the team apart now and rebuild it brick by brick for two years' time. Hodgson has already shown willingness to adapt, and I hope that continues. Sturridge looked decent in both games, Sterling is the future, and guys like Lallana, Shaw and Barkley should have something to offer long-term.

With three French goals,I think the Swiss really wish the end of the first half to be the end of the whole match.

IMO,this new generation of French players are way so much better than older generations.

What a performance by France. What a performance by Switzerland. Only one of those is a compliment. :ninja:

The scale of Switzerland's task in the final game will depend on the outcome of Honduras and Ecuador later tonight, France are through barring a defeat to Ecuador and a goal difference apocalypse. I'd like them more were it not for their numerous Newcastle connections, but the French look a formidable side. Their first eleven is solid with good options on the bench, pretty darn impressive for a team not designed to peak until the 2016 Euros. :yes: