Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

There's still a bit of room for improvement, but the goals are flying in and we haven't seen conservative tactics rewarded nearly as often as we did four years ago, which hopefully carries on long into the tournament.

I was rooting for Bosnia last night, found it impossible not to given the history of their young nation. If they can just sort out their shooting boots, I think they'll most probably finish as runners-up in the group. Argentina's 5-3-2 formation didn't seem to play to their strengths at all, although waiting for Messi to do something amazing probably isn't the worst strategy in the world. Highlight of the game was undoubtedly Rojo's 'Rabona' in his own penalty box, exactly the sort of ludicrous behaviour I want and expect to see at a World Cup. :laugh:

post-20523-0-1445995016-47269_thumb.gif

Given Portugal's recent aversion to crossing the halfway line in the openers of big tournaments, I've a bit of a sinking feeling that we may see our first goalless game this evening. The negativity they served up against the Germans at Euro 2012 was barely an improvement on their ridiculously inflexible approach in South Africa.

It's all about Jozy vs. Gyan for me tonight, but as an aside I'll be most interested to see Julian Green in action for the USA. He seems to have created a bit of a buzz, despite not yet having debuted for Bayern.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Spain lost now Portugal??

The Dutch and the Germans are on fire!

What Pepe did was ugly and he deserved the red card, but I expected Portugal to continue to fight but they did nothing.

They only rely on Ronaldo (for the most part) while the Germans play as a team, that's the big difference. Germany won fair and sqaure.

but I do hope Portugal smashes the US team, as I heard they face next. They need to recover and show their best, tonight was far from it.

What Pepe did was ugly and he deserved the red card, but I expected Portugal to continue to fight but they did nothing.

I would say that it was just stupid. But penalty wasn't deserved . Still German Team works like swiss watch so They're huge favorites to reach the final.

I did like the France performance another great team so far.

Wow for Germany. :ddr: And Italy before, :ddr: ,hope they continue to reach something in this Cup,seeing them better than many,even Brazil and Spain,but it's way too early to judge completely.Swiss are expected to do big this Cup too.

Ghana and USA was the best game of the World Cup so far IMO. Cameroon and Mexico are second. Very surprised to see USA win.

For tomorrow,

Algeria and Russia.

I love Mexico but I think Brazil will win.

Ghana-v-USA.jpg

John Brooks' reaction to scoring the winning goal for the USA will be one of the lasting images of the finals for me. He looked totally gobsmacked, just sheer joy and disbelief at what he'd achieved. :laugh:

Team Ronaldo is in serious trouble. Pepe's latest episode was certainly a factor in their surrender but they'd already peaked at that point, with the Germans two goals to the good and cruising.

Also, we've had our first real dud game of the tournament, which I suppose had to happen eventually. Iran-Nigeria was so bad, it was tragic and comic at the same time. If only the fourth official had the power to take minutes off at the end. :pinch: