Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

I have to say that is one of the most epic football games in history! 

Spain's problem was they were noticeably overconfident in their abilities. Also they were completely fazed by Holland's passes, leaving them utterly confused. Poor planning and communication. They were too consumed with things that might not work out well (always running when Dutch's goalkeeper was off to kick the ball back in the field) whereas the Dutch seemed more focus on where the ball could go, not where it is. I'll be sharing my favourite tweets from this match too (I think I'll do that for every match, but only for the ones I watch and deem important)

post-67297-0-1445995046-09046_thumb.png

post-67297-0-1445995046-10449_thumb.png

post-67297-0-1445995046-11153_thumb.png

post-67297-0-1445995046-12191_thumb.png

Oh my God,

A historic victory for the Dutch,a historic defeat for the Spanish.disastrous game for Spain.My hear with the fans.Not a surprising thing for Holand to win a match but with big result like this and with the one whom they defeated,it's really a surprise.

Seems that only ghosts of Fabregas,Pique,Silva,Alonso,Torres,Ramos who were present,even ghosts could have done better.

Scandalaous performance for Cassillas,feel pity for him for what he's going to hear and see after tonight's game.Especially,the last 2 goals,which were esier to be handled than the previous ones.

Rubbin and Van Persie presented a very beautiful game with 4 beautiful goals,especially the first 2 ones.

That was shockingly easy. The only difference between the first and second half was that Holland took care of the first ball, which meant they got Robben the ball in some decent areas.

Not sure how Del Bosque will fix this in a couple of days. He'd really need an entirely new backline and a goalkeeper. The fullbacks especially were shocking. Piqué too, really.

The Spanish Coach refused to accuse his players of being responsible of the heavy loss, adding  that he's not worried about coming matches.

With that performance,bad players,defence and attackers,and with today-Cassillas,you should be worried,Coach,even a little.

Brazil has to be loving Nishimura right now!

No more Nishimura .

FIFA has it official now,they decided and declared that there will be no Nishimura in this World Cup again.He won't judge a single match during this Cup.

This ofcourse after his disastrous way of judging the opening match,after also reports and angry media expressing fear that bad referees mar ruin the competition,also after the Croatian coach threatening to leave the Compt because of the bad referee.

No more Nishimura .

FIFA has it official now,they decided and declared that there will be no Nishimura in this World Cup again.He won't judge a single match during this Cup.

This ofcourse after his disastrous way of judging the opening match,after also reports and angry media expressing fear that bad referees mar ruin the competition,also after the Croatian coach threatening to leave the Compt because of the bad referee.

Got a link to a news article or source for that? I'd love to read more about it.

post-20523-0-1445995046-39249_thumb.jpg

The diving headed lob is my new favourite type of goal. :laugh:

Catastrophic stuff from Spain though. In the second half, when Holland began to swarm over their midfield in waves, they looked unable to get out of cruise control and were punished for it by moments of individual brilliance. A lot of people will presumably point to the defeat against Switzerland at the same stage four years ago, but this was so different. On that night they were simply hit by a sucker punch, tonight's game was reminiscent of Bayern's dismantling of Barca in the 2013 Champions League semi-final. How on earth will Del Bosque pick them up after such a rout?

No more Nishimura .

Good! He has made many bad calls over the years.

No more Nishimura .

How about also getting Croatia (at least) the point they deserved in that game?

post-186-0-1445995046-62529_thumb.jpg

The diving headed lob is my new favourite type of goal. :laugh:

Catastrophic stuff from Spain though. In the second half, when Holland began to swarm over their midfield in waves, they looked unable to get out of cruise control and were punished for it by moments of individual brilliance. A lot of people will presumably point to the defeat against Switzerland at the same stage four years ago, but this was so different. On that night they were simply hit by a sucker punch, tonight's game was reminiscent of Bayern's dismantling of Barca in the 2013 Champions League semi-final. How on earth will Del Bosque pick them up after such a rout?

Well a few things. He cannot just plug in Diego Costa and leave the rest of the set-up the same. Costa is used to playing in quite a different manner with Atletico. Either he has to have Spain play a more direct attacking game, or he would probably be better off just playing Fabregas as a false nine.

I would choose to bring in Koke instead of Xavi and move Iniesta into the Xavi role. Juanfran also comes into the team, as does De Gea. And I would bring in a dribbling winger just to make sure that no opposing wingback has another such easy night on the defensive end as Blind did yesterday. In that regard, it's a shame that Jesus Navas is not in the squad. :(

On 14/06/2014 at 3:02 PM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well a few things. He cannot just plug in Diego Costa and leave the rest of the set-up the same. Costa is used to playing in quite a different manner with Atletico. Either he has to have Spain play a more direct attacking game, or he would probably be better off just playing Fabregas as a false nine.

I would choose to bring in Koke instead of Xavi and move Iniesta into the Xavi role. Juanfran also comes into the team, as does De Gea. And I would bring in a dribbling winger just to make sure that no opposing wingback has another such easy night on the defensive end as Blind did yesterday. In that regard, it's a shame that Jesus Navas is not in the squad. :sad:

The exclusions of Navas and Negredo looked baffling at the time, even more so now that Spain have found themselves in such desperate need of attacking thrust. I'm in agreement that we'll almost certainly see Koke and De Gea against Chile. Del Bosque will probably be tempted to reinstate the 4-5½-½ formation too, but you wonder whether it's a good idea to start without a recognised striker in a game where they'll have to try and attack with purpose and go some way to getting their goal difference back on an even keel. And as loose a fit as Costa appeared to be for the Spanish system at times, his movement was key in stretching the Dutch defence in the first half.

Decent start to proceedings in Group C. After Colombia's superb qualifying campaign I put a frivolous couple of quid on them to win it all, though admittedly that was before Falcao was ruled out. Still, good seeing them bag the three points. Can't believe Faryd Mondragon is still knocking about, he must be the only active player left from USA '94. :blink:

I'm going to count how many times the pundits manage to slip 'no-one is giving us a chance so you never know' into the conversation before England-Italy starts. My guess is triple figures. :laugh:

The Italians are in many ways the complete antithesis of us, in the sense that they tend to rise to occasions and love playing the big boys. It's dangerous to write them off of course, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we were to perform against them (and Uruguay) and then shoot ourselves in the foot by dropping points to Costa Rica.

So sleepy to comment ,dawn is about to come .But quick note,Even with 3 goals from both sides,even with my Italy winning,but the game was boring from both Italian and English,I wasn't even impressed by the match at all.kick here kick there.If it wasn't Italy,I wouldn't complete watching.