Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

The last time colombia went to a world cup I was 10 years old, so I sincerely don't remember anything. But I know the fact that this is the most forward we have ever reached in the world cup, and most of the time we got eliminated in the first round. That's the reason why my country was so proud of the team, even when we didn't get to semi-finals. 

Thank you, btw. for me it doesn't matter who wins tomorrow, so I will enjoy just watching the match, waiting for it to be an amazin exhibiton of great play, and celebrate with whoever wins =3!

Do you guys care about the game on Saturday?

They have always been stupid. I guess they can be meaningful to smaller nations who make the semis (and then lose).

e.g. Croatia in '98 really celebrated their win in that game.

Damn right we did, it was our first world cup ever and we came 3rd. We deserved to party like crazy.

I am so so happy the Dutch won. They deserve it, I still think they should have gone to the finals in my opinion. Their world cup was a good and solid experience, played by brilliant tactics. I don't think Robben dived as much, Van Persie was onto it, Daley is a defender and scored a goal (his first international one too), and then we have Dirk Kuyt, his head bleeding, yet he demands the medical team to staple the wound so he can continue playing. The Dutch played with their hearts today. Brazil was lucky they even managed to get that far. Does anybody else find it amusing that the referee's in this match got tons of hate from Brazilians for not giving what they thought was the correct thing to players? (i.e. When Oscar got a yellow, every Brazilian thought he should have gotten a penalty) It's so wonderfully ironic considering through the early stages of the competition, every team Brazil was up against had those thoughts. Suddenly when Brazil get's that treatment its an outrage, yet when teams that were truly brilliant and had amazing potential got that treatment, it was all "fair" and "Brazil are the best". I mean the main ref for the opening game was one of the back up refs for this one.

I also found the commentators hilarious. "Medals for the Dutch, Mockery for Brazil", oh they just get me.

Still hoping that Germany beats Argentina tomorrow :hehe: 

The last time colombia went to a world cup I was 10 years old, so I sincerely don't remember anything. But I know the fact that this is the most forward we have ever reached in the world cup, and most of the time we got eliminated in the first round. That's the reason why my country was so proud of the team, even when we didn't get to semi-finals. 

Thank you, btw. for me it doesn't matter who wins tomorrow, so I will enjoy just watching the match, waiting for it to be an amazin exhibiton of great play, and celebrate with whoever wins =3!

Well said :yes:

That was a nice video on the previous page, but the guy talked to much and interrupted, didn't get the point of him being there. Just a compilation of all Brazilian players on the field would have been nicer.

So the Dutch won last night? Was it good? I hear Brazil didn't perform well, anyways, what was the final score of the match?

I am so pumped for tonight!!! I just wanna see great football, of course I'll root for the Germans but if Argentina wins, it won't change my life :)

I really really wanna see a great game with fair judging! May the best team wins!

So the Dutch won last night? Was it good? I hear Brazil didn't perform well, anyways, what was the final score of the match?

It was a very comfortable, controlled 3-0 win for Holland. The final score could perhaps have been a bit closer as a couple of refereeing decisions went against Brazil, but overall, it was the right outcome. Once again, the Brazilians looked disorganised at the back and were completely bereft of ideas going forward. Respect to their supporters though, after losing heavily twice in a week, the majority stayed in the stadium to congratulate the Dutch players.

Slightly leaning towards Germany again for tonight. I would say they've been the most potent attacking force at the tournament, while Argentina have perhaps become the most resolute defensive unit. If Germany can successfully break them down, then they'll fully deserve to win the final. If Argentina can contain, and be resilient against the Germans, then they'll deserve it. Promises to be a true clash of styles.

After watching Brazil's awful performance and deserved defeat yesterday,I came to a full conclusion that this team should really get changed and recasted,it's a  disaster.I Thought that that defeat by the Germans will urge and encourage them to give better performance,at least to console their shocked fans,but again they proved to be the worst team Brazil has ever had.

Can't wait to see the finals,it's kind of fair to see a South American-European final,both continents got presented semi well by some of their teams this tournament,both teams today are quite fresh to be seen getting the CUP this year(even Germans who got it 3 times before weren't seen at finals since 2002),we've been seeing Spanish and Brazilians only past years.