Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

Not very happy with the result, but Germany so deserved this. Best team of the tournament. They defeated 4 of the biggest teams in the world here (Portugal, France, Brazil & Argentina), while for eg. Brazil had 0 wins against the big names, and Argentina had one against Netherlands and maybe the one agains Belgium.

And Schweinsteiger was the man of the final, not Goetze, not anyone else.

Congrats Germany! :)

What a tense game that was. Great opportunities missed by both sides, great goal to decide it. If there's one thing the World Cup has really highlighted this year, it's the importance of having that extra bit of quality in the final third. Ghana, Algeria, France and Argentina all failed to convert excellent chances against Germany, and all were made to pay for it. Still, there can be little doubt that they were good value for the victory, both on their display in the final and overall. Such a lovely team to watch, always playing their own game instead of adjusting to that of their opponents.

Messi's Golden Ball win, while not exactly grand larceny, was ill-deserved. Thomas Muller and James Rodriguez would have been better candidates, the former having five goals and three assists and the latter having six goals and two assists, in comparison to Messi's four and one. Although to be fair to him, he did carry Argentina on his back at times, particularly in the group stages. Lavezzi looked their biggest threat last night, carrying the ball into the German box and supporting little Leo. A really strange decision to replace him with an unfit Aguero.

Did I miss Gisele? :huh:

^I also wondered about this yesterday, I waited to see her all time long in the closing ceremony,but I didn't.

Funny that I told my family that she would show up,I remember hearing about this here,and they waited ,at the end,they asked me,where's Gisele??

IMO,No need for any celebrity when the president herself is there.Also Germans GFs as Lena Gercke and other beauties made up for her absence.

A side note,maybe silly one,I didn't like the presence of footballers' girlfriends on the pitch,first time for me to see girls of footballers come to the pitch in the WC and share the win,I always see them among audience only,and always the kids only who get down to the green area,it's supposed to be time for players and their fans only,enough pics for those couples outside the stadiums..Sweet moments  of them,YES,but I just don't prefer it.

Gisele was on the field with Puyol prior to the game.

Ah, that explains it. I assumed Gisele would be a part of the presentation at the end instead. In fear of accidentally catching a glimpse of the closing ceremony, I did my best to avoid most of the TV coverage beforehand. :ninja:

@mahi: Lena was there at the Final (like all other Girlfriends) and i´m very happy..

It was a short Night with round about 3 Hours Sleep..but i dont care..

a2ulpfbe.gif

Yes,I saw her ,as I said in my previous post,she looked so beautiful even in so ordinary clothes.

And Congrats,dear,for your country's win, :fun: deserved achievement really. :yes:

Gisele was on the field with Puyol prior to the game.

And we all missed the opening ceremony of the final,we thought it would begin at the time of all the other games.We even missed the 1st 15 mns of the game.Thank God we opened the TV early.

A side note,maybe silly one,I didn't like the presence of footballers' girlfriends on the pitch,first time for me to see girls of footballers come to the pitch in the WC and share the win,I always see them among audience only,and always the kids only who get down to the green area,it's supposed to be time for players and their fans only,enough pics for those couples outside the stadiums..Sweet moments  of them,YES,but I just don't prefer it.

I don't usually mind that, but on this occasion it seemed a bit excessive, the main problem being that the trophy presentation took an age to get off the ground. I felt bad for Argentina, who were forced to wait on the pitch for an absurd length of time. Good to see Sepp Blatter met with a stadium full of boos, though. :laugh:

^ :nicole:

And yes,excessive.Also agree on the feeling of pity towards Argentinian players,I felt really sorry for their long waiting,they were like standing to accept condolences over the death of a person. :mellow:

Here are Gisele's pics from there ,her husband was there too.A night full of beauties.

19416183_1023822.jpg 19416189_Gisele-Bundchen-at-2014-FIFA-Wo 19416191_9256258.jpg 19416195_Gisele-Bundchen-at-2014-FIFA-Wo