Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

Well that is the thing, I would be able to forgive Argentina's cynical, defensive tactics if it was true that Messi is all they have.

But even with Di Maria out and Aguero not fully fit, they still have so much attacking talent besides Messi that it is embarrassing how defensive and cautious they play.

At least Brazil has the excuse that - besides Neymar - they had absolute shit playing up front at this tournament.

Do you guys care about the game on Saturday? I don't and I feel like FIFA should cancel such matches, who cares who gets the 3rd and 4th position? Even Van Gaal said it's pointless and such a game shouldn't be played.

I also feel like the teams won't be even motivated to get 3rd place, they both (Brazil and Holland) wanted to reach the final, so what's the point?

Third place play-offs have never generated excitement, but you'd be surprised at how often they can deliver it. Past losing semi-finalists like Sweden, Croatia, Turkey and Uruguay have played it with joy and passion, and it's another chance for those trying for the Golden Boot. Four years ago, the game decided who top scored between Thomas Müller and Diego Forlan. This year, Brazil will aim to restore some pride, and Holland could become the only Dutch squad to end a World Cup undefeated. So while it is a mostly pointless exercise, it should be one worth watching.

^ Absolutely agree,for nations with less football achievements,they take it seriously and with real care as a chance for them to add new,good records to their football history.

According to WhoScored.com, who utilise statistical data (saves per game, goal assists, key passes, clearances and suchlike) to determine the highest performing players, this is the strongest individual XI of the tournament so far. Not sure who's going to be doing the spade work in the middle though... :laugh:

post-20523-0-1445995035-96097_thumb.jpg

Comprehensive victory for the Dutch tonight, with Van Gaal signing off in style. Not exactly the improvement Brazil would have hoped for in the wake of Tuesday night’s capitulation, as once again, they looked slow and rather shapeless. Highly uncertain futures for many of them, no doubt.

I feel sorry for the Brazilian public pinning their hopes on that Brazil team. They were dreadful in the last 2 games, completely out a shape tactically. Such a mess. Players whose stock has gone down through this tournament; Fred (couldn't really get lower), Hulk, David Luiz, Paulinho (and I'm a Spurs fan) and of course, I know he's not a player; but Scolari... 

Bring back the joga bonito of old with Brazlian flare.

Here's a vid to lighten the mood

At this moment, I just feel sorry for Brazil, but that's Karma.

Why do you think it's Karma... They haven't done anything bad; they just have a very poor team at the moment.

I see you're Columbian; they were great in this World Cup

I say it because they forgot the "jogo bonito" in this world cup, and played more "a las patadas" (as we say in spanish) than anything. You're right, they have a poor team, but that's because they lost great players, and it was because they imposed this rate of kicks and faults in, for example, the game against Colombia. Perhaps, if they had played without forgetting the jogo bonito, they would have played the final tomorrow with all their team. I do not blame them 100%, because much of the fault falls on the referees, if they had been less forgiving from the start, all teams surely would have avoided much direct contact and wouldn't have gotten so weak.

That's what most analysts in the news say, not me.

And thank you, we're very proud of our team, they worked really hard to get where they managed to reach after 16 year without qualify to the world cup.

^ You know Tiika, I don't know if you remember or know, but back in '98, when you guys last went to the WC, Romania defeated Columbia 1-0 and blocked you from advancing to the last 16. :p The same thing happened in '94. It was 3-1 then, although I was very young at the time, didn't know exactly what was going on. Oh, those were the days. Now our team is so average, it's painful to watch sometimes.

Anyway, Columbia played great in Brazil, even without Falcao. It was one of everyone's favourite teams there, and mine too. :)

This entire tournament I rooted for the underdogs and for the non-European teams in general. And I hope Argentina wins today/tomorrow. I strongly dislike all the big European teams.  :yuckky:  (no offence, fellow Europeans :flower:)