Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

Everyone, we restored the database due to some corruption and have tried to merge the old and the new DB's so we wouldnt lose too many posts. Hopefully it doesnt show too much strange behavior as this was a hack that I did and is not "officially supported". 

21 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Is the database still being updated or is it all set? Just want to know if I need to replace any of my posts since Wednesday :smile:

I merged all the posts from the backup (yesterday morning PST) to today when I shut the site down. Do you see missing things? Please link me to the thread to investigate. One issue is the index of the topic is incorrect when the last post date is. But when someone replies to it then it gets updated. 

On 3/25/2017 at 9:45 AM, lather said:

It's fine now, with no sign of the suspicious posts.

23 hours ago, Michael* said:

How odd. Oh well, all's well that ends well. :smile:

It was caused by a script we made to fix some broken attachments. It somehow scrabled posts together. We restored from backups and thats why it looks fine again. Back to the drawing board for the script though

@Kells. With regard to copying and pasting coloured text (posting here so as not to disrupt Pretty's contest update). :smile:

I have this problem now and again too, it usually just means that there are hidden elements of code attached to what you're copying and pasting. If you click 'source' (just to the right of your small avatar image when you post) and then paste your text, it should automatically delete the bits you don't want.

3 hours ago, Michael* said:

@Kells. With regard to copying and pasting coloured text (posting here so as not to disrupt Pretty's contest update). :smile:

I have this problem now and again too, it usually just means that there are hidden elements of code attached to what you're copying and pasting. If you click 'source' (just to the right of your small avatar image when you post) and then paste your text, it should automatically delete the bits you don't want.

When you paste it in the "normal" mode editor you will see a small pop up thing at the very bottom of the text box that says "remove formating" if you click that it will get rid of the extra stuff as well. 

Rather specific issue:

Every now and again no rhyme or reason and only on BZ my mouse wheel won't work when I scroll through with it :idk: If I press down and get the pointer with it then I am fine. Tested on every other site I go on forever and no issues :idk: When it happens I close out of BZ and it works again. WoW works fine with it even just wanted to post it :ermm: 

1 hour ago, Limerlight said:

Rather specific issue:

Every now and again no rhyme or reason and only on BZ my mouse wheel won't work when I scroll through with it :idk: If I press down and get the pointer with it then I am fine. Tested on every other site I go on forever and no issues :idk: When it happens I close out of BZ and it works again. WoW works fine with it even just wanted to post it :ermm: 

Hmm never had that issue before, anyone else? 

On 4/9/2017 at 11:25 AM, Limerlight said:

Rather specific issue:

@Michael* I'm actually having this same issue as well. 

On 4/10/2017 at 10:58 PM, Talisa said:

How do embed a instagram photo?

When you find a photo or video on Instagram and click on the post to expand it, you should see three small circles in the bottom right hand corner. Click on them, then select the option to 'embed' and copy the code that appears.

Before pasting the code into your BZ post, click 'source' (just to the right of your small avatar image) to switch out of the 'normal' mode editor, and then paste it. When you click 'source' again to switch back to the normal editing mode, your code should turn into this...

13 hours ago, everyboulevard said:

@Michael* I'm actually having this same issue as well. 

13 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

@Michael* I'm having the same issue as Limer and Everyboulevard with the scrolling. Just happened to me a minute ago, and has happened before the last day or so.

How odd. Thanks guys for letting me know, I'll report it back to the boss. :wave: