Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

Clearly, I'm new, but I have used the site for a while just never created an account.

Is there a thread with an explanation for how the competitions work? Some are fairly straightforward, but many seem to go on never finishing or having a winner(s). I have looked through the Bellazon Competitions section for an explanation of the competitions and through individual competition threads with no luck finding an answer. (hopefully that made sense)

Maybe there was better place for this question, but I didn't think it deserved a new thread somewhere.

Like Sanni I noticed my post was moved to the Trump topic, even though I posted it in the "what are you thinking about right now?" topic... All I said was "The inauguration" :wacko:  Kinda odd since I can't really remember there being any posts about not posting anything political related in that topic?

4 hours ago, *Luna* said:

Like Sanni I noticed my post was moved to the Trump topic, even though I posted it in the "what are you thinking about right now?" topic... All I said was "The inauguration" :wacko:  Kinda odd since I can't really remember there being any posts about not posting anything political related in that topic?

As I mentioned earlier, GenTalk has been heavy with back-and-forth political debate lately, which a number of members have expressed concerns about. Even one-off posts seem to have the potential to spark lengthy discussions at the moment, and we'd rather funnel everything into one place than have the same conversations constantly happening across multiple topics. :smile:

8 hours ago, jkjk said:

Clearly, I'm new, but I have used the site for a while just never created an account.

Is there a thread with an explanation for how the competitions work? Some are fairly straightforward, but many seem to go on never finishing or having a winner(s). I have looked through the Bellazon Competitions section for an explanation of the competitions and through individual competition threads with no luck finding an answer. (hopefully that made sense)

Maybe there was better place for this question, but I didn't think it deserved a new thread somewhere.

Hey, welcome to the forum. :heythere:

Usually, the rules of a contest thread can be found in its opening post. Is there a particular one that you'd like an explanation for? If so, do feel free to drop me a line.

2 hours ago, Michael* said:

As I mentioned earlier, GenTalk has been heavy with back-and-forth political debate lately, which a number of members have expressed concerns about. Even one-off posts seem to have the potential to spark lengthy discussions at the moment, and we'd rather funnel everything into one place than have the same conversations constantly happening across multiple topics. :smile:

I understand that, but then there should be one general politics topic or sub forum, not everything politic related can be talked about in the Trump topic... 

When I paste in image links, sometimes the site converts them to a weird code that doesn't work. :idk: 

%5BURL=http://imgbox.com/2HGzJD1z%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttps://0-t.imgbox.com/2HGzJD1z.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

It changes all the brackets for some reason, and it works fine if I paste it into any other site/text box. It only happens on mobile. 

On 1/21/2017 at 4:04 PM, *Luna* said:

I understand that, but then there should be one general politics topic or sub forum, not everything politic related can be talked about in the Trump topic... 

No, I know, but the posts we're talking about at the moment made specific reference to Trump and his inauguration. I don't think anyone said anything about moving every political post into the Trump topic.

On 1/21/2017 at 6:31 PM, Michael* said:

No, I know, but the posts we're talking about at the moment made specific reference to Trump and his inauguration. I don't think anyone said anything about moving every political post into the Trump topic.

No, but you mentioned that there has been a lot of political discussion in the general thread so maybe it would be a good idea to have a whole topic for that or maybe even a sub thread.

7 hours ago, *Luna* said:

No, but you mentioned that there has been a lot of political discussion in the general thread so maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to have a whole topic for that or maybe even a sub thread.

We're going round in circles here. To clarify in case I haven't done a good job of explaining myself, I didn't say a topic or subforum dedicated to politics was a bad idea. I said the staff hadn't reached any official decision on whether or not we should have one, which as far as I'm aware is still the case.

The reorganisation of a few posts in the interim was meant to address the aforementioned concerns about political discussions in GenTalk, albeit in a small way.

3 hours ago, Sanni said:

To me Trumpland U.S.A is a thread more for goofing on Trump so I don’t think it's the best fit for all kinds of posts that are in some way related to Trump such as criticism on how the celebrations have been executed.

I take what you're saying on board. Certainly, the title of the topic isn't meant to be taken too seriously, however not all the posts inside are jokey ones. There's been a lot of serious discussion going on too.

^ Said guidelines would be helpful because it's not very clear atm why there isn't a whole topic for all politic related conversations or a sub thread. If there's so much of it then I don't see the problem of a new topic/thread for just that, it would certainly make it a lot easier for everyone and clear up a lot of things. 

I also noticed that some people their politic related posts don't get moved in the "what are you thinking about" topic and then some do, like mine and Sanni's.... A little odd.

I know this is a double post but since no one answered my last one I figured I'd bump it.. I noticed some people their politic related posts get moved in the "What are you thinking about" topic, like mine and Sanni's posts got moved, yet now I see a lot of other political posts that don't get moved. Why is that?

Ok, so am I the only one who notice my page automatically scrolls up on it's own?:/ 

Ok, so I was on irina shayk's page and every time I scroll down at the end the page starts to scroll back up on it's own. It happens to a lot other pages, too. What's up with that? Btw, my browser is Maxthon.

15 hours ago, Talisa said:

Ok, so am I the only one who notice my page automatically scrolls up on it's own?:/ 

Ok, so I was on irina shayk's page and every time I scroll down at the end the page starts to scroll back up on it's own. It happens to a lot other pages, too. What's up with that? Btw, my browser is Maxthon.

Strange...you should try another Browser ( Firefox,Chrome,Opera,Edge) for Example and test if its happen also.If not,the Problem is maybe your Browser.

I never heared about Maxthon Browser before by the Way

On 1/30/2017 at 10:59 PM, Talisa said:

Yes please try to use the supported browsers: Chrome, FF, IE, Opera. Unfortunately I have never heard of that either. 

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 5:59 PM, tzdon said:

Strange...you should try another Browser ( Firefox,Chrome,Opera,Edge) for Example and test if its happen also.If not,the Problem is maybe your Browser.

I never heared about Maxthon Browser before by the Way

I'll try chrome.

Maxthon is terrible*

I'm having troubles uploading a signature...when uploading the image directly to BZ's server, it appears much smaller in the signature.

When trying to add it from an image host (imgbox in this case) I get this: 

589a94b96da80_Capturadepantalla2017-02-08alas12_46_52a.m..thumb.png.80149dd3a72347583a2a55ff79c81700.png

Though the image is exactly within the allowed dimensions.

Edit: Now it worked fine posting the signature from imgbox. Still had the same issue uploading it to BZ's server.