Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^Jasmine's boyfriend has been talking about 'big things to come' for her on IG and Sara said she has something big to announce on Monday and used an angel emoji. They've both been shooting with VS a bunch too, so IDK I just have a feeling at least one of them might be moving up!

In similar news, it looks like the lineup for Miami is/has been Romee, Behati, Elsa, Sara, and Jasmine! Not sure if it's a commercial or what. Vita, Lais, Marloes and Josephine have been shooting in NY.

oops ETA: Martha and Stella are in Miami as well, I believe.

^ Elsa didn't because she has been under contract with VS for three years so it was just an upgrade, she has been credited in the show since 2013.

However, I can see VS making announcements for new girs now because they just lost three girs, so they need to hype the new Angels and get their names in the press.

^Jasmine's boyfriend has been talking about 'big things to come' for her on IG and Sara said she has something big to announce on Monday and used an angel emoji. They've both been shooting with VS a bunch too, so IDK I just have a feeling at least one of them might be moving up!

In similar news, it looks like the lineup for Miami is/has been Romee, Behati, Elsa, Sara, and Jasmine! Not sure if it's a commercial or what. Vita, Lais, Marloes and Josephine have been shooting in NY.

oops ETA: Martha and Stella are in Miami as well, I believe.

Jac was in miami also, and now is in NY shooting for VS too :3!

There's a lot of hinting going on on social media, I think VS might have signed a few girls already. Maybe Jasmine and Sara.

I doubt it'll be Sara since she isn't in the Swim Special. They are definitely pushing this Jasmine thing though.

Also, the brand itself has yet to announce Elsa's upgrade.

There's a lot of hinting going on on social media, I think VS might have signed a few girls already. Maybe Jasmine and Sara.

I doubt it'll be Sara since she isn't in the Swim Special. They are definitely pushing this Jasmine thing though.Also, the brand itself has yet to announce Elsa's upgrade.

I think it is unlikely for VS to sign Sara unless they also sign martha, jasmine and jac

If VS wants to create press by signing new angels, why the hell would they sign all these relative unknown models? If they wanted to get in the media they should be signing girls like Gigi, Jourdan, Joan, or even Kendall (lol) that have some fame and would create excitement. What excitement would models like Martha or Jasmine generate by being signed? haha I remember when Karlie was signed it created a lot of press and was a big deal.

Candice, lilly, Erin rosie Miranda nome Of this girls were Big when they got their contracts. And look at them now! VS doesn't need girls that are too big already. VS need to build new girls, and get the girls while they are starting and build them slowly. Cause other way they'll be like karlie that uses VS to get even bigger stays 2years and bye bye. No one in a few years will probably still remember she was an angel.

And u guys say it doesn't make sense make sara an angel, but sara is from the new girls the one that has more followers, specially in Europe, where VS wants to expand, sara is the face of the biggest European swimwear brand in Europe for he past 4years, so it makes every sense for them to try steal her from them. She wasn't in the swim special probably beacause of Her calzedonia contract. From the new girls she the one who's been longer with the brand even if it was in pink besides Lais.

Candice, lilly, Erin rosie Miranda nome Of this girls were Big when they got their contracts. And look at them now! VS doesn't need girls that are too big already. VS need to build new girls, and get the girls while they are starting and build them slowly. Cause other way they'll be like karlie that uses VS to get even bigger stays 2years and bye bye. No one in a few years will probably still remember she was an angel.

Yes, but all those girls had very specific traits that made them stand out in comparison to the current angels. Can you say the same for Martha, Jasmine, Josephine, Jac, etc?

Miranda was perfect for VS because of her bubbly, charming disposition (lol, my how things change), and the fact that she photographed really well and won fans over in the 2006 VSFS. The angel line-up was missing that cutesy, hot girl-next door and Miranda gave that. She was also the first Australian angel ever, which of course generated a lot of press. 

Candice was a sexy, captivating, exotic bombshell from day one. Love her or hate her, you can't argue that there isn't any other model as stunning as Candice at the time. She immediately stood out the moment she hit the VSFS 2007 runway and in print work. She won the public over from the get-go. 

Rosie was immediately well liked for being the first British angel, her sex-appeal, and charisma. She was probably VS's biggest loss in my opinion.

Erin, in my opinion, wasn't very successful as an angel. She always felt like an extra. Lily started being a good angel recently, after her modeling improved a lot. She is definitely an exception.

IMO Candice/Miranda/Rosie are eons above models like Jasmine, Martha, and Stella who aren't as well rounded. They don't bring anything new that is lacking in the current line up. Yeah they're hot, but they're forgettable.

What VS needs now, more than ever in our social media age, is STAR POWER. I'm not saying celeb models, but models that will have mass appeal (like Adriana/Ale/Candice/Miranda) or industry status (like Joan or Jourdan). I doubt the current public would give 2 shits about any of the other girls in the swim special. They blend together. Joan stands out, and that's probably the reason why she's the only model put with the main angels for various scenes.

^I get what you're saying but I think you're way overestimating the impact those girls had when they first started (I mean at the very beginning). Other than being eye catching and good in print, there's not much more that they brought to the table without the right promo. No one knew who they were when they began either. I think VS has tended to create stars rather than sign models that are already well known, in recent years.

Now I agree that some of the girls in the rotation right now don't seem too exciting; I'll be the first one to say that. But if they just wanted star power, they would've already signed Kendall, Gigi, and Barbara Palvin LOL. I think they'll probably take the long approach, which is to take a girl who has some measure of popularity and build her into a potential star.

I just listened the Rosie's latest interview with BBC 1, and her personality is just so infectious. She's so cheeky and fun. I agree, Gab- such a loss for VS as an Angel even if you weren't a fan of her looks. Such a great spokesperson. 

"They don't bring anything new that is lacking in the current line up." 

The current line up is seriously lacking in models of colour. It's actually embarrassing on VS's part. Even if diversity wasn't such a huge issue in fashion right now, they're missing out on appealing to a very large market of WOC who want to see someone who they can relate to in the line up. As much as I like Martha, I don't think she needs to be a part of the Angel line up, they already have Candice, Elsa and Bee(kinda) as their blue eyed blondes, and the same goes to Stella. I'd like to see Stella advance with VS eventually, but not yet. From what I've seen of her at the VSFS and in the Swim Special sneak peeks, her personality isn't quite there yet to make her a good spokesperson, and maybe it's just a confidence issue she needs to work on, but right now she seems very awkward to me. Lais is always the bridesmaid, never the bride. I'd be happy if Jasmine got an Angel contract, but she wouldn't be my first choice, but my first choices are also pipedreams. 

I also agree with champagnebrulee. They signed Karlie, a girl with massive star power both in the industry and in pop culture, and ended up having to work around her demands and schedule. If they signed someone like Joan, I imagine it would be must of the same. It's much smarter on VS's part to sign a model who can make VS one of her top priorities, and then build them up through the brand. When VS posts a picture of Elsa on their main instagram account, her followers jump up by at least a thousand, sometimes 5-10K. VS might not have the same significance in the fashion industry as they did ten year ago, but they've still got a big impact with the average consumer, and if they promote a girl well like they did Candice by shoving her down our throats and don't let them sit on the backburn like they do so often with some of their models, I think whoever they sign will do just fine as an Angel. 

^I get what you're saying but I think you're way overestimating the impact those girls had when they first started (I mean at the very beginning). Other than being eye catching and good in print, there's not much more that they brought to the table without the right promo. No one knew who they were when they began either. I think VS has tended to create stars rather than sign models that are already well known, in recent years.

Now I agree that some of the girls in the rotation right now don't seem too exciting; I'll be the first one to say that. But if they just wanted star power, they would've already signed Kendall, Gigi, and Barbara Palvin LOL. I think they'll probably take the long approach, which is to take a girl who has some measure of popularity and build her into a potential star.

To be fair, they did try with Barbara, but something clearly went astray. She was definitely destined to be the next big thing and she got a lot of hype, but it took an unexpected twist.

Keep in mind that Gigi just started working for PINK and already has an event. Her career literally blew up a few months ago, so the timing is just right. She is at the perfect stage to be groomed.

Kendall is a whole other animal. I don't think VS has their eye on her at all because they see her as too much of a celebrity, and/or they're unimpressed with her modeling ability. They didn't even ask her to attend castings.

I'm not saying Candice/Miranda/Rosie were stars all at once, but you can't argue that they had something special about them, that eventually allowed them to become stars. The potential was there. This is how I feel about Gigi and Elsa (and had felt about Barbara). I don't get the same feeling with the other girls in the swim special.

And u guys say it doesn't make sense make sara an angel, but sara is from the new girls the one that has more followers, specially in Europe, where VS wants to expand, sara is the face of the biggest European swimwear brand in Europe for he past 4years, so it makes every sense for them to try steal her from them. She wasn't in the swim special probably beacause of Her calzedonia contract. From the new girls she the one who's been longer with the brand even if it was in pink besides Lais.

Well you've got a point. With Doutzen gone they no longer have a girl that is well knon in europe (besidep adri). Plus she does have a good social media following but if they were to sign her right now i think they would have used her in the swim special

The thing is that VS must walk the line between eye-catching and relatable. They haave had models who would bgring press but wouldn't sell (Chanel, Karlie) and some that were the other way around (such as Lily or Lindsay). So if Jasmine or Martha happen to sell even if they don't bring the press, VS wouldn't be so dumb to sign them but they still have to sign a few that would.

Of course, it's better to have the best of both worlds (Candice, Miranda, Doutzen) but it doesn't work every single time. On top of that, VS isn't the only big lucrative contract a girl could have and some girls might find greener grass elsewhere (Barbara, Cara, Kate...).