Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

The thing is that VS must walk the line between eye-catching and relatable. They haave had models who would bgring press but wouldn't sell (Chanel, Karlie) and some that were the other way around (such as Lily or Lindsay). So if Jasmine or Martha happen to sell even if they don't bring the press, VS wouldn't be so dumb to sign them but they still have to sign a few that would.

Of course, it's better to have the best of both worlds (Candice, Miranda, Doutzen) but it doesn't work every single time. On top of that, VS isn't the only big lucrative contract a girl could have and some girls might find greener grass elsewhere (Barbara, Cara, Kate...).

If I understood right, VS isn't that lucrative at all. It's more of a platform for girls to build their name than anything else. Sure, girls get paid but VS also knowingly underpay them, because they can. That's why girls leave them when a bigger offer from someone else comes.

I'm really amazed as to why VS never hired Catherine Mcneil. :/ She would have sold really well for them

The old voluptuous Cat, yes. I wanted that so bad. Not the new scrawny, always looking greasy Cat with all the fugly tattoos.

VS doesn't pay badly. Behati doesn't have much work beside VS and she is on the forbes list if i'm not mistaken

She's not. At least not in Top 21 that they have listed. And I didn't say that they pay badly, surely you can make a decent living of it but that they underpay their models compared to the work they do for VS.

Behati also doesn't work as much because she married a rich Adam. If she was on her own, she would pursue more work.

According to Forbes VS girls have earned in 2014:

$8m Doutzen

$8m Lima

$5m Ale

$4m Karlie

$3m Candy

$3m Erin

$3m Joan

Gisele destroys the list with $47m btw.

VS does not underpay their models :rofl: The VSFS does underpay or not pay at all, but catalog work? That's where the money is, there's a reason why 90% of models start their career and see VS as the ultimate goal, because it's big money + exposure that leads you to even more money.

Also i don't find the lineup lackluster, I actually think Jac & Stella are among the best models VS has gotten in years. Opinions are subjective, the reality is that they must be selling really well, otherwise they wouldn't be all over VS site & etc. There's a reason why VS decided to put certain models in the Swim Special and it's because they known they sell, they already tried taking a risk with Chanel & Karlie and it didn't pay off and their HF backgrounds didn't matter. Announcing unknown girls as Angels will start creating buzz for them, y'all forget that Adriana, Alessandra, Candice, Behati & etc were no-name models before VS too and VS made them and that is a formula that clearly has worked for them better than signing HF darlings.

Still waiting for VS to recognize Alena Blohm a little bit more smh. 

Girl has me reminiscent of 90's Supers and VS greats. Like a child of Natasha Poly, Jessica Hart, and Claudia Schiffer   :heart: Would love to see her work with VS more.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Katch, you know how I feel about Alena  :wub2:

VS does not underpay their models :rofl: The VSFS does underpay or not pay at all, but catalog work? That's where the money is, there's a reason why 90% of models start their career and see VS as the ultimate goal, because it's big money + exposure that leads you to even more money.

Also i don't find the lineup lackluster, I actually think Jac & Stella are among the best models VS has gotten in years. Opinions are subjective, the reality is that they must be selling really well, otherwise they wouldn't be all over VS site & etc. There's a reason why VS decided to put certain models in the Swim Special and it's because they known they sell, they already tried taking a risk with Chanel & Karlie and it didn't pay off and their HF backgrounds didn't matter. Announcing unknown girls as Angels will start creating buzz for them, y'all forget that Adriana, Alessandra, Candice, Behati & etc were no-name models before VS too and VS made them and that is a formula that clearly has worked for them better than signing HF darlings.

Agree 100% with Clauds.

Agree 100% with Clauds.
I have to cosign this one.

One another not, I find it so RME-wworthy when people imply that these models left because they became too big or good for VS. I mean come one, couldn't it be possible that VS just got tired of them because they really weren't selling or didn't just make much of a difference? At the end, it really didn't seem like VS cared about some of the girls. Like Miranda and Karlie. They were barely used and VS wouldn't have wasted them like that if they really did sell that much. Adriana has to be the perfect example for my point, the woman still seems to be overshadowing everyone. We have to come to the conclusion that she's still doing a hell of a job, naturally.

Out of all the girls, Doutzen to me is the only one who was well and truly done with the brand. I mean, the woman didn't even wait for us to exhale before nabbing a swimwear job. Miranda and Karlie for me just one on oned things and knew they weren't really going to go any further with the brand and VS didn't have any problems letting them go.

Agree 100% with Clauds.

make it 200%

VS does not underpay their models :rofl:

Ed said it in one interview but I can't find it.

Why is that so far fetched to comprehend? They give girls exposure more than anything, which increases their individual brands. If VS were some paying Meca, we wouldn't have girls leaving them as soon as they can secure better contracts.

And VS don't care...exit one blonde...enter another. Most people don't even notice.

^ He meant the show, not the catalog work itself. Do you really think girls like Jac, Sara & others who already have lucrative contracts with other brands would do VS just for a penny?. The only one who dropped VS for a better contract was Doutzen and it was mostly a family involved decision, everyone else has booked contracts long after they left/got dumped. 

Anyhow could be something, could be nothing but Taylor Hill is in Miami now too so IDK if she'll be shooting for VS or is just a coincidence.

I never said they work for pennies. I guess we have misunderstanding with the word "underpay". Look how much Candice works for them and she racks in with all her side contracts $3 millions.If we are to trust Forbes.

...everyone else has booked contracts long after they left/got dumped. 

Rosie?

I never said they work for pennies. I guess we have misunderstanding with the word "underpay". Look how much Candice works for them and she racks in with all her side contracts $3 millions.If we are to trust Forbes.

...everyone else has booked contracts long after they left/got dumped. 

Rosie?

I personally do not trust Forbes - when Gisele was asked about that list, she said she had absolutely NO idea where Forbes gets their numbers because no one from that company has ever contacted her or her financial manager.

Lol :laugh: Maybe :laugh:

I think the number is exaggerated though. I personally think she makes more money from her investments than fashion actually - she´s a business woman. Hell knows how much she earns in total but I do not trust Forbes.