Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I'm anxious for them to update VSAA as well. Maybe around the time the Swim Special airs? I have a feeling that is when they will announce the new Angel(s).

VS usually sign the models in the winter for contracts that start in the spring (Doutzen, Candice, Rosie, Chanel, Erin, Lindsay, Karlie, now probably Elsa...) so it's very likely.

I think for this year Elsa is the only new Angel but the rest of the girls are trying out almost during the swim special. Jasmine and Martha have worked for VS a lot lately and I think they would be ok but they need a lot more to be an Angel and I think neither of them will cut it. I love Stella but it's hard with someone like her. We have barely seen much of her personality. She looks amazing in everything but she's also someone who really needs to up her game. Jac is the same and Joan I would love for her to get a contract but I doubt it. They're using her mainly for the Puerto Rico shoot just because they can have someone on camera who's from Puerto Rico. Jourdan or Joan have always been two girls I think VS should use and they don't. Sad for Lais though. Her not being used in this special seems like a sign.

Here's Ed's statement 

Karlie Kloss @karliekloss I met several months ago to discuss the many things she hoped to do in her life and career. As we talked, it became clear she would not have the time to fulfill her myriad commitments. Reluctantly, we agreed she would leave the brand at the end of her contract. Karlie is one of a kind, a very close friend, someone I truly admire and love. She is, without question, one of the best models ever. But she is an even better person. Her future is unlimited, and I am excited to see all the good she will do. Karlie Kloss will always be an Angel to me.emojiemoji️emojiemojiemoji️ Sent from my iPhone

This basically confirms what we knew: The first contract is NOT for three years but for a shorter time. My guess it's Karlie got a one year trial that she & VS agreed to keep going until last year's show and then be done. 

VS and their confusing contracts. So far Rosie, Chanel and Karlie didn't have 3 year deals right?

Lindsay and Erin did and they were let go at the end of their 3 year deal. Miranda and Doutzen had signed 3 year deals and they did 2 each so 6 years from both. Who knows what the hell Adriana and Alessandra are on. Candice, Behati and Lily it's hard to tell. Especially because Behati was a Pink girl for so long. And I don't remember when they were officially made Angels. Weren't Candice and Lily made Angels around 2010? Or Candice was 2009. And Behati transitioned to mainline in late 2011 early 2012.

Marisa did three full years, Izabel decided to break the contract according to what she said. Chanel IDK but Karlie did not make it to two years either, say she was announced in March 2013 and she was done already by the time of the show because she did not shoot anything since the commercial, I think they agreed she should walk because of Taylor.

From what I understand, this are the shows each model walked as an Angel which is basically what indicates when they were signed:

- Adriana: 2000-? 

- Alessandra: 2004-?

- Karolina: 2006-2008 (she was signed after the show was done but before it aired, that's why she is in the credits)

- Selita: 2006-2008

- Izabel: 2006 & 2007

- Miranda: 2007-2012

- Doutzen: 2008-2014

- Marisa: 2007-2009

- Candice: 2010-?

- Rosie: 2010

- Chanel: 2010 & 2011ish

- Erin: 2010-2013ish

- Behati: Pink 2008-2011 / Angel 2012-?

- Lily: 2010-?

- Lindsay: 2011-2014ish

- Karlie: 2013 & 2014

- Elsa: Pink 2011-2014 / Angel 2015-?

Karlie basically did two years. Also the announcment of her release is Feb 2015 and she was signed officially March 2013. Two full years under VS. She worked up until the show. She did shoot the VDay campaign too but they didn't release any of it.

Chanel was pretty much the same. She was signed around beginning of 2010 and made it until the end of 2011. She was chucked out sooner though really. She did her Angel work in 2010 and then most of 2011 didn't work. Just the show. She didn't even feature in the christmas commercial that year.

So far in Miami: Romee (I would say we need to keep an eye on her, she's been working a lot), Jasmine, Behati, Sara & Elsa.

I think the Angel lineup will be up after the Swim Special airs.

And Jac is going there, she was in Paris, but this is on her IG.

alexinagrahamI miss Paris. Are you coming back here? @jacmonika

jacmonika@alexinagraham miami first but i Think its dance cardio time when im back lol

Karlie basically did two years. Also the announcment of her release is Feb 2015 and she was signed officially March 2013. Two full years under VS. She worked up until the show. She did shoot the VDay campaign too but they didn't release any of it.

Chanel was pretty much the same. She was signed around beginning of 2010 and made it until the end of 2011. She was chucked out sooner though really. She did her Angel work in 2010 and then most of 2011 didn't work. Just the show. She didn't even feature in the christmas commercial that year.

Karlie's last shoot with VS was in October so she won't be in campaigns for two full years at all, year & half at best. IDK about Chanel because I never cared about her.

These are the most recent VS shoots I've seen going on in case anyone cares.

Miami: Sara, Elsa, Behati, Romee, Jasmine & Jac.

NYC: Stella, Romee, Elsa, Behati, Josephine & Vita.

Vita & Romee have been shooting a lot lately and it looks like Candice is still working less for VS, which is great, girlfriend paid her duties already and deserves that easy money. 

Honestly, I'm happy about Karlie leaving. She has a lot going for her and doesn't fit the VS image anyway. Good luck to her! Better to leave at a high than a low (the girl just got a US Vogue cover for crying out loud!)

This intrigues me as to who will be the new angels. In the span of a few month VS lost 3 angels (Lindsay, Doutzen, Karlie), so new girls are inevitable. 

Please please let it NOT be Martha or Stella. Elsa and Candice already fit the hot, sultry blonde angel role. Martha and Stella bring absolutely nothing. They are perfectly fine as working VS models, but not full-fledged angels. I personally don't understand why VS likes Martha so much.

I'm excited to see Gigi working for PINK. If anything, Gigi probably has THE most potential of any current model to be a kick ass angel. She's at that point in her career where it's really beginning to take off, and VS should swoop in and get her before it's too late. Not only does she have the look (blonde bombshell with a killer, curvier body), but she has the personality, is American, and has ties to celebrities (mainstream appeal). She's a perfect candidate, and I think VS knows this.

PINK angels should be Taylor Hill and Gigi. Perfect combo. They would both transition nicely into mainline.

VS should finally sign Lais as a main angel too. For now, I think they should keep Jasmine, Jac, Stella, Josephine, and Martha on the back burner, and judge reaction to their VS Swim thingy.

Also, what the hell happened to Sara (with regards to VS)?! She still shoots for them, but she doesn't seem like she's in the running to be an angel anymore? Or else, I'm sure they would have included her in the VS Swim thing. There was no legit reason as to why she wasn't used. Shame that her and Elsa started around the same time, yet VS is showing Elsa way more love.

Sara started doing VS in mid-2012 I think, by that time Elsa had already under Pink contract for over a year so they did not start working for VS at the same time time at all.

I think a possible reason Sara can't be a VS Angel right now is because she is with Calzedonia and I don't think they'd be happy to have their spokesperson parading on TV to promote VS swimwear considering VS is trying to sell in Europe which is Calzedonia's market. It does suck tho, because I think Sara would be perfect as an Angel, she has the looks and the personality for it + she seems to do well with people at least based in social networks.

Ed addressed Doutzen leaving as well, if anyone is interested in that.

After I posted the news about @karliekloss leaving VS I got a number of texts asking me why I hadn't said anything about Doutzen @doutzen leaving at the end of last year. Fair question. The simple answer is I should have. Doutzen had a lucrative opportunity in Europe and it would have conflicted with her VS obligations. So, at her agencies request, we released her from contract. There was no conflict. No animosity. None of the nonsense I've read on Instagram. She had a great business opportunity, and I wanted to be fair to someone I adore and respect. That's all. I honestly believe Doutzen is one of the most stunningly beautiful people in the world. And I always will. I have told her that many times. Now you know.

Sara has been shooting mainline for ages, and they did a Pink segment in the swim special (Jasmine, Jac and Elsa are in it), so being in PINK had nothing to do with it.