Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I still don't get why Lais wasnt part of the Swim shoot. Especially because she's been in everything VS related since 2011. Probably because they already have Jasmine and Joan. 3 girls with a touch of colour is way too much for VS. Her Hawaii swim shots were incredible. Stupid VS. Besides that I'm fairly excited over the special.

Yeah Lais never disappoints in her Swim shoots. I am kind of surprised that they chose Martha over some other potential girls to have on that shoot, all her swim work I see is really average and usually gets outdone by just about every other model on those shoots she does. Given her constant work for VS though I get why she was picked as she has put in her time with them.

Most excited to see Ale, Adriana, Candice, Elsa and Jac from it. Time is flying it is already less then 10 days until the special.

Laetitia Casta the rebel! :rofl:

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/fashion/2015/02/16/laetitia-casta-model-actress-cointreau-ambassador-interview-victorias-secret

Laetitia Casta: The supermodel who rebelled against Victoria Secret

That will be so funny to listen Candice saying in an interview  "No my dream gift is not VS lingerie & don't even think about offer me their perfume for Valentine day" :shifty: #formattedmodels

I like Lae but hell, that sounded shallow.

From my perspective, when you´re a model that works for a company and represent that company and are paid for it (quite well, as I suppose) it is logical to promote the products of that company. 

It would be stupid behind reason to put other products in your own promo campaign or let your models speak about how they love Chanel. (when it´s VS you should be promoting)

Recent example of a true professional (in my eyes) - Gisele and Stuart Weitzman:

When has social media been most effective for you?

One recent example was when Gisele wore our Lowland boots to the Super Bowl. That photograph went everywhere, and we saw a huge increase in sales. We actually don’t have an agreement that we pay her to wear the shoes—she is only paid to appear in our campaigns. She just likes those shoes and wore them. It’s always fabulous when that happens.

She wasn´t even paid to do that and yet she did it. She wore those damn shoes.

People sometimes mistake "rebellion" for simple arrogancy. I say, do not bite the hand that feeds you :idk:

Oh I know! I just posted the link for the fun of it. I also found her attitude kind of silly -and no Laetitia is not arrogant, stubborn for sure but arrogant no-

She did not like how VS was doing with her & what they asked her to do and she just leaved. There is nothing wrong with that I think? To not promoting the VS product when asked is really unprofessional but leaving a brand u don't like anymore when it gives you fame and money is more brave then staying for that same fame and fortune.

yes ^^ all the same!

No. What I meant is that she left in 2000 and then came back for the 2002 commercial. So she's a lying liar who lies, lyingly.

Because she was still under contract

she was even in the catalogs, and not with reprint of her old pictures.

Her last VS show was in 2000 and I guess people presume she left at that moment but she did not

This commercial is terrible. The narrator's voice is so out of place, the beginning part with the cold weather shit is cheesy, the Candice scene at the end made me think of Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body, and LOL at "the world's hottest models". Oh VS, you wish.  :rofl:

Honestly, unless this swim special shit features Candice getting eaten by a shark, I'm not interested.  :morning:

Oh I know! I just posted the link for the fun of it. I also found her attitude kind of silly -and no Laetitia is not arrogant, stubborn for sure but arrogant no-

She did not like how VS was doing with her & what they asked her to do and she just leaved. There is nothing wrong with that I think? To not promoting the VS product when asked is really unprofessional but leaving a brand u don't like anymore when it gives you fame and money is more brave then staying for that same fame and fortune.

I´ve just burned my tongue on a potatoe, dammit. (literally)

And of course it is absolutely OK to leave when you don´t like the brand policy or attitude. I also agree with you that it was brave to do that and I´m glad Lae did get big and famous even when (I´m sure) many people might had considered that risky to leave such a big brand.