Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

If anyone deserved it (and I do mean the word deserve) an Angel Contract ...it would have been Lais Ribeiro and then Barbara Palvin and Bregje Heinen....well I guess VS knows what they are doing by signing the girl who is worshipped and considered a role model by Pro-Anorexia Websites !!!!

Um, how is

Let the mad bitching and ranting PROLONG!!! :nicole:

It's a big week for Karlie who was officially signed as a Victoria's Secret angel. "It is a very big honor," she tells us. "Growing up in St. Louis, that brand has such a huge influence. Worldwide the angels are known as these incredibly strong, beautiful, powerful, sexy women, and I think that to embody that and to be a face of that brand is a huge honor. It is a serious undertaking putting on those wings, but I am excited." Well deserved!

If anyone deserved it (and I do mean the word deserve) an Angel Contract ...it would have been Lais Ribeiro and then Barbara Palvin and Bregje Heinen....well I guess VS knows what they are doing by signing the girl who is worshipped and considered a role model by Pro-Anorexia Websites !!!!

Karlie is 6'2'' (188 cm), and has a naturally thin, elongated bone structure. That's Karlie. She can't be compared to somebody like Barbara Palvin, who is much more squat like the median woman and probably at 5' 7'' or so.

The alienation comes across from the fact that "Karlie is nothing like me, I hate her and I envy her..." ;)

Karlie is 6'2'' (188 cm), and has a naturally thin, elongated bone structure. That's Karlie. She can't be compared to somebody like Barbara Palvin, who is much more squat like the median woman and probably at 5' 7'' or so.

The alienation comes across from the fact that "Karlie is nothing like me, I hate her and I envy her..." ;)

I think Karlie is 6'2''. I've been following her work for a while, and Frida G. is 6' 1'' and Karlie is a bit taller. The 5'11'' on her showcard is standard for all very tall models.

While people do like and associate better with models who resemble them, I don't think it's the basis for the hatred Karlie is getting. I think it comes down to the simple fact that she isn't what's 'in' right now in terms of sensuality. There has been a transition within the last couple of years that curvier women are more attractive, not everyone see's it that way, but there has been the cultural shift. Karlie just doesn't fit into what people think should be modeling lingerie.

I think Karlie is 6'2''. I've been following her work for a while, and Frida G. is 6' 1'' and Karlie is a bit taller. The 5'11'' on her showcard is standard for all very tall models.

While people do like and associate better with models who resemble them, I don't think it's the basis for the hatred Karlie is getting. I think it comes down to the simple fact that she isn't what's 'in' right now in terms of sensuality. There has been a transition within the last couple of years that curvier women are more attractive, not everyone see's it that way, but there has been the cultural shift. Karlie just doesn't fit into what people think should be modeling lingerie.