Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I'm not a fan of VS either, but still, finger-pointing Karlie being a VS Angel is a source of amusement! :) And since I don't really care about any of the VS Angels or the company itself (I watch the show for the HF models..), it would be good to see if she can leverage this opportunity to do more interesting things after VS.

People are fighting over to know if Karlie is too thin or too ugly and should or should not die in a fire but, it's been an eternal while since a VS model is not having a vacant stare on her VS shoot. She delivers with her eyes more than any other VS models. Maybe because her real job is not to be a VS pin-up but a fashion model? She reminds me Linda Evangelista. No need to have a perfect face & body to be a high class + model.

I honestly don't mind Karlie being with VS or even becoming an angel. She is a great model, has an eye catching catwalk, speaks well, and has very fun and charismatic personality in my opinion. I'm just now to fond of her body and how it looks/photographs sometimes in lingering and bikinis. VS should handle her like they did with Candice and how it seems they are doing with Barbara and slowly transition her into the company and becoming one of the main girls that way it will give her time to get the hang of things and for her body to possibly fill out a little, instead of just thrusting her into the main line, commercials, campaigns, covers, ect already. which brings me to believe that VS knows Karlie isn't VS material or at least not yet and are just using her because she is high fashion's current "it girl" like Chanel was and once her popularity dies down in the hf world they want have any use for her anymore but I do hope I'm wrong and that doesn't happen but Karlie whole thing with VS is reminding me a lot of Chanel's. :no:

Oh and sorry for the long rant lol

Karlie isn't even the 'it' model. That girl's name is Joan. She's get more and better modeling projects than Karlie.

Well, Karlie wasn't selling anything for them when they decided to make her the highlight of the 2011 show. I mean from that moment, it was obvious they were determined to start working with her... She doesn't even have that much catalog pictures (safe for the Vday campaign). And they've offered Angel contracts to models that never worked with them or they only did a shoot a two with them. This is just favoritism we're seeing here. I'm sure Chanel too was selling when they offered her a contract.... not

Highlighting someone as a potential new girl isn't nearly the same thing as giving them a contract. I didn't realize it was that hard to understand, maybe it's a cultural thing. The fact remains that VS has very candidly said that they don't keep girls around that aren't selling. Just because you give someone a little extra push doesn't mean that their catalog images don't sell afterwards, or that they sell more. It's kinda like playing cards, if you have a decent hand you push a little to try and get a great hand. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

At this point in time it looks like they're betting on a good hand, that's if Karlie is in fact a new Angel, and not just another spokesmodel. Regardless the irrational negativity is a little childish - especially considering it's all just reiterations of past points.

Given the VS teams not so subtle crushes on them all and that its looking like Candice, Karlie, and Barbara will probably have angel-status overlapping with one another, I wonder which one will get the most love from the VS team. And which of the other angels will be put on the backburner even more so?

I remember a while back, I scanned a Sunday media article about Karlie's latest real estate deal, and spied a small army of obsessive characters whining about her millions by the tender age of 20 (capitalism so unfair!), how she was some sort of unconscious symbol, eg. (anti the stuff they teach in college liberal arts feminist studies) (!), and why did she have such a fabulous kitchen that she probably never uses, and her accusers, being poors, have to share a toilet with five roommates.... :nicole: I suppose it doesn't help that Karlie looks like 'that girl' in 'secondary school'!

People are fighting over to know if Karlie is too thin or too ugly and should or should not die in a fire but, it's been an eternal while since a VS model is not having a vacant stare on her VS shoot. She delivers with her eyes more than any other VS models. Maybe because her real job is not to be a VS pin-up but a fashion model? She reminds me Linda Evangelista. No need to have a perfect face & body to be a high class + model.

^ No. The Theory is:

She has no curves. VS proclaims they use girls with healthy bodies. Using Karlie doesn't match their philosophy. The end.

It's preposterous to say that just because Karlie is petite and not overly curvy that she doesn't promote or have a healthy body.