Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

6 hours ago, Lowlapez said:

I know this is the wrong thread, but have they released the musical guests for the fashion show yet?

Nothing has been officially released by VS however there are rumours of it being Taylor Swift and Harry Styles. This is strictly a rumour though ?

9 hours ago, Clauds said:

I love ungrateful people who are too lazy to even post a goddamn "thank you for the info/video/pictures" complaining about not being able to access the thread. The balls on yall :rofl: 

Also if Lais was unable to walk the show for some reason, I think they'd have to skip it altogether tbh because it wouldn't fit anyone else and it's so heavily promoted to be hers that it would be just weird.

Well then I guess it‘s time for a big thank you (to you and everyone that contributes pictures, info, etc year after year)!!

I‘ve been lurking too for several years now, being happy and grateful for all the pictures, but never really wrote anything.. simply because I‘ve never had anything to contribute myself xD

(And no, I never took anything and posted it on IG, Twitter etc xD I do have an IG Account, but not in the slightest anything VS/Model-related going on there :rofl: Simply about life & obstacles with a (beautiful & sweet) baby boy with an extremely rare chromosomal disorder :D :wub:

I'm a long time lurker, too. I always get excited that time of the year when everybody goes crazy for the VSFS. It just became part of my "VSFS-cultue" to look at the VSFS thread here on bellazon during the past few years. I apologise if my english is a bit bad, but I'm german and not really used to write or speak english:smile:

1 hour ago, *Luna* said:

@Prettyphile Just wondering. I understand why the VSFS 2017 topic has been made private and only to people with a certain amount of posts, but why now? It makes zero sense to do it now, most "good" information has been posted all over social media anyway. It's only like 2 weeks before the show and people have been saying all kinds of things on Instagram (info that some members here are sure of that they apparently found here, although this forum isn't the only place to find info btw) for months. I think the topic should've been made private much earlier but that's just me. Now the rest of forum will probably be flooded by new members just posing unnecessary posts or just an emoji, but I guess that would be okay since other members here do that too :ermm:

I also don't really understand how some people here are so certain that everything that's posted on social media must come from someone here? Like I said this isn't the only place on the web to find info on the show. Anyone can call themselves an insider, say they have juicy gossip or news and still be lying. There's never been proof and saying "yeah but I trust that person" doesn't exactly make it sound more trustworthy.

???? Yes. This is a great place to aggregate info About the show.

1 hour ago, hannah_j112 said:

Nothing has been officially released by VS however there are rumours of it being Taylor Swift and Harry Styles. This is strictly a rumour though ?

Taylor seems to be dropping a new somg every/every other week and they havent been too bad. She’s definitely drumming up talk about herself.

Ugh I don‘t like Taylors new songs... LWYMMD was okay, but everything I‘ve heard since that was just a big no for me :/ her last record (1989) was way better in my opinion. So I really hope the rumours about her performing turn out to be false.. :no:

26 minutes ago, rodi said:

Ugh I don‘t like Taylors new songs... LWYMMD was okay, but everything I‘ve heard since that was just a big no for me :/ her last record (1989) was way better in my opinion. So I really hope the rumours about her performing turn out to be false.. :no:

I’ve never really liked TS, but her old songs were way better than the new ones she has been releasing. So yeah, I don’t want that bitch in the show again.

11 hours ago, Clauds said:

I love ungrateful people who are too lazy to even post a goddamn "thank you for the info/video/pictures" complaining about not being able to access the thread. The balls on yall :rofl: 

Also if Lais was unable to walk the show for some reason, I think they'd have to skip it altogether tbh because it wouldn't fit anyone else and it's so heavily promoted to be hers that it would be just weird.

You're right. Thanks isn't said enough, although I'm sure it's not through a lack of gratitude of posters, just not awareness that such a big task is undertaken by very few.

anyway, thank you, don't think it's unappreciated.

3 hours ago, *Luna* said:

@Prettyphile Just wondering. I understand why the VSFS 2017 topic has been made private and only to people with a certain amount of posts, but why now? It makes zero sense to do it now, most "good" information has been posted all over social media anyway. It's only like 2 weeks before the show and people have been saying all kinds of things on Instagram (info that some members here are sure of that they apparently found here, although this forum isn't the only place to find info btw) for months. And as far as I know, before the VSFS 2017 topic was locked and only viewable to members with a certain amount of posts, it was a public topic, on a public forum open to anyone to see and I don't think there is anything wrong with people sharing that information, i.e. them posting something somewhere that's not Bellazon by saying "I read something about ... model and the show" etc. If there is some kind of rule then I'd sure like to know where to find these rules.

I think the topic should've been made private much earlier but that's just me. Now the rest of forum will probably be flooded by new members just posing unnecessary posts or just an emoji, but I guess that would be okay since other members here do that too :ermm:

I also don't really understand how some people here are so certain that everything that's posted on social media must come from someone here? Like I said this isn't the only place on the web to find info on the show. Anyone can call themselves an insider, say they have juicy gossip or news and still be lying. There's never been proof and saying "yeah but I trust that person" doesn't exactly make it sound more trustworthy.

Amen????????

1 hour ago, aguusmaltes said:

I’ve never really liked TS, but her old songs were way better than the new ones she has been releasing. So yeah, I don’t want that bitch in the show again.

I would love for Demi Lovato to perform. 

LWYMMD and Ready for it.. are really great TS songs, but yeah, the new songs both aren't really my taste and doesn't fit the show. I wouldn't mind if she performs Ready for it. 

I really would love to see Kings of Leon perform, they are amazing and some of their songs are really great to walk to (one of the few things that I loved about the 2009 show):smile:

10 hours ago, Dipit said:

Yeah, not cool that they steal your investigative digging and posts but your guys’ aggregating of publicly accessible info is/was open to viewing via a google search (or as gotportugal said, could be found at the same time as ig accounts). I’m sure if lurkers knew how important it was to you to thank you for everything you guys do, they’d do it. Those, however, who steal your work with no intent of crediting you as a source is frustrating to say the very least. I do take photos that are used on my employers ig alot and have to deal with people stealing my actual IP (via the employers ig acct), so I relate.

Now I do have to note that costume design has always been something I love looking into and y’all helped me put names to some of the show designers and artisans like Armando and Killer. I never knew where to start with that stuff but you guys do a great job of pieceing together the vsfs. 

Trust me, if today BZ post in huge bold red letters "Please thanks people for the informations/pictures they get for the board and credit if you repost", I bet only 2% of people would actually do it. I had websites about celebrities and such and the feeling you have when you see your hard work going all over the Internet with 0 consideration is simply the worst. So I completely get why they "closed" the thread to lurkers. I know some members that have plenty of great content/HQ stuff but won't post it here because they just know it will get all over the social media with 0 respect. People who participate in this forum are just people passionate about fashion industry, VS, SI and want to discuss and share thoughts.

I honestly just find it super funny how now that Clauds said that a thank you is more then welcoming everyone just keep on thanking her here. Thanking people is just the OG of a forum/community. And honestly if you just look at the thread, members won't directly thanks someone everytime someone post something but share their thoughts on what the person "gave". That's how a community works. I barely come here anymore due to college and I also nothing new to bring to the table. But the minimum is to visit a thread and if you find a great picture of a model you will say how you feel about it; if you disagree with someone opinion, share yours. If you find a post hilarious, tell it. You will participate in the life of the forum.

And @*Luna*, yes it's true the thread should have been put in private since a while I agree with that.

But to all the people that are saying "This is mean ! You should let lurkers lurk ! This is a public forum, everyone should have access to the content. idc everything is on Instagram by now the thread is useless" : if everything is on Instagram, why would you get petty over the thread being private ? Just lurk on IG accounts. Yes it's a public forum and I dare you to find one with that many great content available for everyone to see. Basically as of today, 1% of the forum is private. You have aaaaallll the rest of the forum to visit and lurk.

@diamondtw The difference is that for those lurkers, there's nothing to lurk anymore because the part of the forum they want to see is closed, and honestly, 25 posts? Those people will just create an account, make 25 posts in a few topics and they'll be lurking again. 

About the having respect thing, yes people should have more respect in general, especially on the internet nowadays it's just insane how people insult each other for no good reason, steal other people their work etc, but I honestly don't think someone here saying something about the show such as: Ok guys there will be 6 segments and the FB will be in segment 3 is SUCH valuable information and I don't think that can be viewed as stealing someone's work. 

Would something like that really make a difference if someone (let's say a lurker) decided to "grab" that information and post it on their fan account. I honestly don't see what's so extremely bad about that. No one here can really confirm that what they say or know is the truth. I can say I've worked on the designs of the show and know who will wear what but that doesn't make it true. If certain people here feel so violated and think that no one should be looking at/reading their posts then maybe those people should make a whole new private forum where they and a few of their "clique" can go, because honestly, there are quite a few cliques here and that doesn't exactly make it all that fun either for newcomers or members who want to participate in conversations and who knows, might actually bring something new to the table, but nope that won't be allowed because #favoritism. 

20 minutes ago, diamondtw said:

Trust me, if today BZ post in huge bold red letters "Please thanks people for the informations/pictures they get for the board and credit if you repost", I bet only 2% of people would actually do it. I had websites about celebrities and such and the feeling you have when you see your hard work going all over the Internet with 0 consideration is simply the worst. So I completely get why they "closed" the thread to lurkers. I know some members that have plenty of great content/HQ stuff but won't post it here because they just know it will get all over the social media with 0 respect. People who participate in this forum are just people passionate about fashion industry, VS, SI and want to discuss and share thoughts.

I honestly just find it super funny how now that Clauds said that a thank you is more then welcoming everyone just keep on thanking her here. Thanking people is just the OG of a forum/community. And honestly if you just look at the thread, members won't directly thanks someone everytime someone post something but share their thoughts on what the person "gave". That's how a community works. I barely come here anymore due to college and I also nothing new to bring to the table. But the minimum is to visit a thread and if you find a great picture of a model you will say how you feel about it; if you disagree with someone opinion, share yours. If you find a post hilarious, tell it. You will participate in the life of the forum.

And @*Luna*, yes it's true the thread should have been put in private since a while I agree with that.

But to all the people that are saying "This is mean ! You should let lurkers lurk ! This is a public forum, everyone should have access to the content. idc everything is on Instagram by now the thread is useless" : if everything is on Instagram, why would you get petty over the thread being private ? Just lurk on IG accounts. Yes it's a public forum and I dare you to find one with that many great content available for everyone to see. Basically as of today, 1% of the forum is private. You have aaaaallll the rest of the forum to visit and lurk.

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK SISTER!! 

seriously tho, this pretty much sums it up :smile:

4 hours ago, *Luna* said:

I saw AT LEAST 10 different accounts posting a screenshot of the Amilna info, life a screenshot of the actual post on BZ. They may all not come here but it only takes 1 to spread the info

14 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

I saw AT LEAST 10 different accounts posting a screenshot of the Amilna info, life a screenshot of the actual post on BZ. They may all not come here but it only takes 1 to spread the info

True but what do people here expect then? For some of those lurkers to read all this information and then just sit down and keep it all to themselves?? People constantly share things that they read on the internet. In the end most of us here are also just posting "rumors" and nothing has been really confirmed either so I don't understand the big fuss about it. 

Let's say if someone would read something interesting about the show on a blog somewhere and  wanted to share that information here, I highly doubt that they'd give credit to the blog tbh and that other Bellazon members would expect this person to credit the blog where they found that information. But if it's the other way around, people reading something on Bellazon and then sharing that information somewhere else credit should be given all the time? :huh:

Well, it's not like we're asking them to have a million posts. But they contribute nothing to this site, and with the way all those accounts were sharing BZ stuff, the lockdown was the best option. I was a lurker too during the '14 show and then I stopped visiting the thread bc they locked it. Then I created an account in 2015 bc my girl Sara was an angel and 2 years later I am on my way to 4k posts. If they want to enjoy BZ and its threads, they can obviously lurk and such, but you'll have to commit in the end. By the time the show happens, a lot of people work hard so everyone gets their fav's pics and such, is x posts that much to ask?

13 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

@diamondtw The difference is that for those lurkers, there's nothing to lurk anymore because the part of the forum they want to see is closed, and honestly, 25 posts? Those people will just create an account, make 25 posts in a few topics and they'll be lurking again.

They can still lurk on all the rest of the forum with not having an account. And we didn't say lurking is a bad thing. You can't possibly comment on EVERYTHING you visit. Well, yes they will but at least we will know they are apart of the forum. And who knows, maybe some of them will find that discussing with people that have the same interest as you is a great opportunity. For some the only barrier was probably just wanting to make an account and now that they have one they will participate in the madness.

18 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

About the having respect thing, yes people should have more respect in general, especially on the internet nowadays it's just insane how people insult each other for no good reason, steal other people their work etc, but I honestly don't think someone here saying something about the show such as: Ok guys there will be 6 segments and the FB will be in segment 3 is SUCH valuable information and I don't think that can be viewed as stealing someone's work. 

Would something like that really make a difference if someone (let's say a lurker) decided to "grab" that information and post it on their fan account. I honestly don't see what's so extremely bad about that. No one here can really confirm that what they say or know is the truth. I can say I've worked on the designs of the show and know who will wear what but that doesn't make it true.

For you maybe not but just look at Instagram and how fast people will create a post saying "EXCLUSIVE : 6 segments this year and the FB is in the third one #VSConfession #BehatiforFB #EdRazek" I never said every thing posted here is a valuable information I mean just look at the last few months how many posers came here to say "I'm a designer aunt" or "I'm X cousin" and it was false as hell. But some people will still grab the information and repost it because BZ is a legit source for them and for most of them the other reliable source is their imagination. They don't take time to try to search for informations, they just patiently wait to someone on BZ to say something a great major of the time.

1 minute ago, *Luna* said:

In the end most of us here are also just posting "rumors" and nothing has been really confirmed either so I don't understand the big fuss about it. 

Let's say if someone would read something interesting about the show on a blog somewhere and  wanted to share that information here, I highly doubt that they'd give credit to the blog tbh. But if it's the other way around, people reading something on Bellazon and then sharing that information somewhere else credit should be given all the time? 

Usually when someone post a rumour thingy about VS you can be sure people will jump on him/her asking where he got that. I'm not lurking on the VS account but by the look of it, you never see someone says "From Bellazon" or replying to a comment saying it's from here. And again, nobody said that Bellazon is 100% reliable, people out there just see it as it and repost everything that is been said.

7 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

Let's say if someone would read something interesting about the show on a blog somewhere and  wanted to share that information here, I highly doubt that they'd give credit to the blog tbh. But if it's the other way around, people reading something on Bellazon and then sharing that information somewhere else credit should be given all the time? 

Also, we always credit vsdiaries when they had come up with some theories and we discussed them, we always shared her posts and her great photoshop skills.