Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I know bits and pieces about this have already been posted here, but a little more info:

Victoria’s Secret Is Getting Out Of The Swimsuit Business

The chain announced earlier this month that it would cut 200 jobs and eliminate “certain merchandise categories” at Victoria’s Secret as part of a plan to focus on “core” goods. While the brand didn’t offer more details, a subsequent note from Citigroup said Victoria’s Secret would stop selling swimwear after this year and replace some of that space in stores with its new activewear line

BuzzFeed News confirmed the move with two people familiar with the situation. One, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told BuzzFeed News that Victoria’s Secret “will be exiting out of all current inventory by the end of this year.” A spokesperson for Victoria’s Secret said the company has “nothing to offer beyond our earlier release,” and that more details will be shared on its May earnings call.

x

I would assume that means the Swim special is no more (thank god). I'm a bit surprised by this because I felt like they shot more swim than ever during 2014-2015.

56 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

I know bits and pieces about this have already been posted here, but a little more info:

x

I would assume that means the Swim special is no more (thank god). I'm a bit surprised by this because I felt like they shot more swim than ever during 2014-2015.

Probably to see if there was an upward trend? It'll be interesting to see if they really do replace swim with more vsx. Last I saw the sport bras weren't selling that well either.

NEW ROUND

Best VS Lingerie Model

Taylor Hill

i24HziI.jpg

&

Karen Mulder

xHfbU4E.jpg

Points to consider:

How well do they wear the lingerie?

Does she sell a fantasy for you?

Would you consider buying whatever they're wearing despite the item not be your style?

Click Link Below to Vote!

Is it possible that Swim sales was doing bad so in early 2015 they decided to release the swim special in hopes of getting more attention but it failed, twice? 

Also, I'm not sad if it does go. I never really bought swimwear or bras for that matter from VS. 

I think VS will still have Swim but swimsuits will be available only online for the most part.

I remember that Marisa Miller was promoting VS Swim when swimsuits became available at Victoria’s Secret stores. She talked about how great it was that girls could come in and try the suits on, mix and match, pick a different size top and bottom etc. instead of ordering from the catalogue like before.

Apparently, Swim was popular for a while but it seems that it’ll go back to being a category that is available only by ordering through the website or by mail order.